PDA

View Full Version : My first piece of artwork here

The Pipit
Sep 29, 2003, 01:05 AM
Hello everyone. My first post here.

I am fairly new to art in general, however I think I am pretty good. But I would like everyone's opinion on something I drew today.

http://www.geocities.com/the_pipit/earth1.jpg

This drawing represents the future of the Earth in general. With all the advancing technology this world has, eventually we will kill off the very enviroment we live in. This drawing was meant to reflect this - a bare, drying garden is all that's left of Earth, nothing more. I think it accurately reflects the decline that this planet is facing with more industrialism and global warming, and other ailments.

What do you guys think?

Derby: Content removal.

GuMmYBeAr!
Sep 29, 2003, 01:49 AM
I think you love yourself far too much. D:

Nemesis
Sep 29, 2003, 02:35 AM
Heh heh. :) Some people just need to find something good to do with their time...

Coppertop
Sep 29, 2003, 07:40 AM
Can't say. The page isn't available ... or so it says.

Fawriel
Sep 29, 2003, 08:31 AM
It's... MSPainty.

Tik
Sep 29, 2003, 12:09 PM
Looks kind of like a slice of pie that fell on the ground and then began floating randomly in space. Thus, I love it.

n0
Sep 29, 2003, 01:11 PM
Industrialism? An ailment? Without Industrialism we wouldn't even have a printing press, let alone the internet! And what global warming? Sure, our ozone layer is degrading slightly, but not outside of the natural tendincies. The ozone layer has changed about 5% and can, withen a year in one spot naturaly change 10% without any adverse affects. The media likes to blow things out of proportion.

Oh, and I think the earth is pi shaped, not pie slice shaped.

Besides my random ranting, it looks like a nice abstract painting done in MSPaint. Very out of the ordinary, like "JOIE!". It has more of a feeling than a meaning.

Radium
Sep 29, 2003, 04:24 PM
I hear the ozone layer is damaged by a chemical from some air conditioners. So the more we use our air conditioners the hotter the planet gets. It's the ultimate sales scam. Hmm... *takes notes*

Nemesis
Sep 29, 2003, 04:30 PM
The hole in the ozone layer is actually a lot larger this year.

Radium
Sep 29, 2003, 04:34 PM
The hole in the ozone layer is actually a lot larger this year.
Quiclky, let's buy stock in air conditioner companies for cheap before someone else does!

Strato
Sep 29, 2003, 04:39 PM
O3 aka ozone is produced by the sun. So therefore, a hole in the ozone would heal itself almost instantly if it got too large.

Radium
Sep 29, 2003, 04:45 PM
O3 aka ozone is produced by the sun. So therefore, a hole in the ozone would heal itself almost instantly if it got too large.
Then for my plan to come together, this "sun" must be destroyed...

Strato
Sep 29, 2003, 04:45 PM
Good luck.

Captain Spam
Sep 30, 2003, 05:50 AM
Mmm... Earth cobbler pie... :-)

Tik
Sep 30, 2003, 06:53 PM
O3 aka ozone is produced by the sun. So therefore, a hole in the ozone would heal itself almost instantly if it got too large.It is also produced naturally through lightning. There really is no global warming threat, it's all media crap. The media always does this...monkey pox, west nile, anthrax.

Nemesis
Sep 30, 2003, 07:41 PM
There is a threat, it's just not as big a threat as everyone thinks... The o-zone layer will heal itself, but not quickly...

The Pipit
Oct 1, 2003, 12:12 AM
Industrialism? An ailment? Without Industrialism we wouldn't even have a printing press, let alone the internet! And what global warming? Sure, our ozone layer is degrading slightly, but not outside of the natural tendincies. The ozone layer has changed about 5% and can, withen a year in one spot naturaly change 10% without any adverse affects. The media likes to blow things out of proportion.

Oh, and I think the earth is pi shaped, not pie slice shaped.

Besides my random ranting, it looks like a nice abstract painting done in MSPaint. Very out of the ordinary, like "JOIE!". It has more of a feeling than a meaning.
Was I suggesting that all industrialism be entirely eliminated? No. To even suggest I had such an idea in mind is an insult to me and my views. Now, let's clear this up.

The ozone layer, in general, is deteriorating. The repair process is possible, but not easy. If it does get damaged enough, quickly, the results will be apparent and not fixable within anyone's lifetime. The effects are there...and it would take a blind man not to see them.

Some industrialism is good. But not as much as we pack today. Scaling it all down would be nice, as I've stated in a previous post.

Nemesis
Oct 1, 2003, 02:33 AM
I just read an article in the newspaper called "World needs to adapt to reality of warming: expert" in the local paper, The Canberra Times. Unfortunately, I'm too lazy to type the entire thing out, and can't find any internet version of the same story. It definitely changed my opinion... But basically, the threat of global warming is real, and it's bigger than you think...

The experts in this article are two scientists, Dr. Kevin Hennessey from the CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation) and Dr. Neville Nicholls from Australia's Bureau of Meteorology Research Centre, Dr. Nicholls having researched this subject for many years. They are not the media, so I trust their opinions a little more.

Basically, weather pattern studies backed by 'evidence that alpine glaciers are decreasing, sea levels are rising and Australia's droughts are getting progressively hotter as the world becomes warmer.'

Hennessey produced a 14-page report in 1988 'that showed extreme changes in temperature would result in fewer "chilling days" for Victoria's apple, pear and stonefruit industries.'

This report is obviously Australia based, but the hole in the o-zone layer is fairly close to us. However, it will affect the world... And, living in an extreme drought right now (worst ever) that was declared almost a year and a half ago, with mandatory water restrictions... That also works as a bit of evidence for it...

Media may exxagerate things, but when 90% of scientists agree on the same thing, I'm willing to trust them. Of course, they may not be right, but such evidence can be fairly ****ing...

"The ozone layer, in general, is deteriorating."
Agreed. And that hole is huge now. This "repairing process" doesn't seem to be working right now...