PDA

View Full Version : (Moved) Help?

The Moving Bot!
Jan 1, 1970, 01:00 AM
This topic has been moved to a new location (viewtopic.php?topic=997&forum=6)

KILLERRABBIT(ICED KILLER)
Jun 21, 2001, 03:31 AM
how come i have XJJ2 and no one joins my server?!? but i can join ninja's server and he has XJJ2 is something wrong with JJ2 or am i doing something wrong?

~SPLASH~
Jun 21, 2001, 03:50 AM
HELLO? Technical Help plz? this is the second time u post it in the wrong forum, please look before u post something

anyway could be that

1. your serverlist doesnt work properly

2. you have a passed server

3. nobody likes you and therefore nobody enters :O

4. the server keeps on pinging, see point 1

Jun 21, 2001, 04:07 AM
how can it not work it worked b4 i had XJJ2

Jun 21, 2001, 04:08 AM
and whats a passed server? they say it dosent show up on the server lists and for me it runs.

$tilettø
Jun 21, 2001, 04:36 AM
i cant host 2 with xjj2

ppl try to Download the lvl And then They are Gone weird it is

Aiko
Jun 21, 2001, 07:20 AM
I may be totally wrong now, but this could be the problem you are talking about here:

The current version of XJJ2 (3.3, if i remember correctly) actually has a lot of bugs. One of them is that it doesnt define and/or shows up version information correctly (for example, when you de-active the TSF button, it mistankly shows the 1.24s Shareware servers). I'm not sure if XJJ2 servers really even have a correct info (i'm on the wrong PC to check) but if, it shows them in a wrong manner.

For example, when you are hosting a race or coop level on TSF (1.24), people from 1.23 won't be able to join. Shortly after or while downloading they pop up for a second or less (in the players list, F9 key) and immediately get kicked out again. I recommend people who want to play coop and race using XJJ2: - to have the levels in their /cache/ directory. - to have the same version of Jazz2. - to have the same version of XJJ2.

And yeah, if you have a close look, XJJ2 is quite buggy. Personally, i even think that previous versions of it were less buggy and better. By the way, hello Pennywise :-)

Jun 21, 2001, 08:10 AM
Then what am i supposed to do? i lost the thing with the list server patch and i got XJJ2 and its the onlt way i can run JJ2 what do u suggest i do to make ppl come to my server?http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif

MattW
Jun 21, 2001, 11:56 AM
I think people have to enter via ip's if the listservers don't show the server. (Which is hard when you don't have a server up but not hard when <strike>there is one</strike> you're hosting one.

-Posted by MattW LD CC, the 112nd person to register on this board-

Webpage: N/A

E-Mail: mwalsh@ec.rr.com

Edit1: Strike tags.

Edit2: Hmm, didn't work the first time.

Jun 21, 2001, 12:13 PM
well i dunno about u but i think this is hopeless http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif

ElectroPiZZa
Jun 21, 2001, 12:57 PM
Just use regular JJ2, 'nuff said.

- Piz

ElectroPiZZa
Jun 21, 2001, 12:58 PM
Oh, and you might want to take a look at Derby's article on J2O (http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/)... this may solve all of your problems. Well, it just might explain the problems anyway. ;-P

- Piz