PDA

View Full Version : How to make Jazz 3?

mikeejimbo
Dec 1, 2003, 04:50 PM
There was a post recently about Jazz 3 being in production. Personally I doubt it. It would be a very nice thing for al of us. According to Murphy's law, it isn't.

However, I was wondering, what WOULD it take? Would it take Epic to pick it back up? Would it take money from an outside source? What WOULD it take?

Anyway, there's nothing we can do, even if we knew.

Trafton
Dec 1, 2003, 04:52 PM
I hate to be pessimistic, but there's really nothing we can do.

~ Traft

MaGoo
Dec 1, 2003, 06:18 PM
DEJA VU DEJA VU

Violet CLM
Dec 1, 2003, 07:23 PM
What would it take? One way might be giving them so much money to do it that it wouldn't matter how well the game sold.

Monolith
Dec 1, 2003, 07:41 PM
It would take the following:

A team that want's to work on it.
All the rights required for a sequal.
A publisher that's willing to fund the team and publish the game.
Enough time and resources to do the project.

The publisher is the main component, and it's the hardest to get.

Flamepanther
Dec 2, 2003, 12:18 PM
You want funding for a new Jazz game? How does this sound... find an animation company looking to make an easy-sell cartoon. Point out the popularity of the Sonic X show, and then show them Jazz Jackrabbit, and convince them that basing a show on these characters is a good idea. It wouldn't be hard at all to make a decent show out of it. Now get the show on TV in a good timeslot, and watch the money come in. Even if the show was only barely successful, I can guarantee you some publisher will want to sell a new game...

...but that's SO not going to happen.

Coppertop
Dec 2, 2003, 12:38 PM
A JJ cartoon? :eek:

Flamepanther
Dec 2, 2003, 01:38 PM
A JJ cartoon? :eek:Sure! Doesn't it sound like a good idea to you?

It's a decent strategy for drawing attention to good but otherwise overlooked games. The Sonic Adventure and Sonic Advance games have all been great, but generally speaking, they went unnoticed by anyone who wasn't a hardore gamer. Sonic X went on TV as a good show, it quickly became a hit series, and now people take notice of Sonic again. The show is there to boost sales of the game franchise, not to take advantage of fan interest in the games. If it worked out this well for the declining (in terms of popularity, not games) Sonic brand, maybe it could work for the all-but-dead Jazz Jackrabbit brand too.

Heck, Dean Dodrill could be on the team for it. He's got experience animating Jazz.

Newspaz
Dec 2, 2003, 01:40 PM
Actually, Flamepanther. I think a cartoon has been considered. As such a thing has actually been trademarked by Epic. But never used.

Haze
Dec 2, 2003, 01:59 PM
To follow up on Newspaz I can confirm that at a certain point there were indeed plans floating around for a Jazz Jackrabbit cartoon. Though that is what they remained: plans. ;)
Actually the related newspost should still be floating around somewhere on the web. I thought it was on one of Cliffy's old sites. :\ *such a long time ago*

DBoyWheeler
Dec 2, 2003, 02:09 PM
It would be cool if there were a Jazz Jackrabbit cartoon. I wonder who'd be the voice artists? I hope there'd be a cool voice for Jazz... I think Ian James Corlett would be a cool voice for Jazz. He voiced Goku in the earlier eps of DBZ.

Trafton
Dec 2, 2003, 02:33 PM
It would be cool if there were a Jazz Jackrabbit cartoon. I wonder who'd be the voice artists? I hope there'd be a cool voice for Jazz... I think Ian James Corlett would be a cool voice for Jazz. He voiced Goku in the earlier eps of DBZ.
At one time, Epic seemed to be considering - they got a patent. However, as for the voice: DBZ is face. Jazz should sound like he sounds in the game. With a bit of a New York accent.

~ Traft

Radium
Dec 2, 2003, 02:39 PM
Microsoft Bob. Nuff said.

Flamepanther
Dec 2, 2003, 02:41 PM
They should have gone through with it. It could have been big :(

DBoyWheeler
Dec 2, 2003, 02:56 PM
Hey... if we could somehow make a petition, maybe JJ3 could be "reborn" as an RPG! That would be SO COOL!!!

Yeah, instead of potions, HP (Hit Points or Health Points) could be replenished with carrots! And Power Points (yeah, I know, similar to Pokemon) are used to power special weapons, special attacks, and "spells". Maybe not only face Devan, but an even darker force as well.

Risp_old
Dec 2, 2003, 04:33 PM
... a petition by maby a hundred people wouldn't be enough to make Epic want to do something Jazz related. If we had, say, ten thousand people it might make them think, though.

Trafton
Dec 2, 2003, 04:57 PM
Hey... if we could somehow make a petition, maybe JJ3 could be "reborn" as an RPG! That would be SO COOL!!!

Yeah, instead of potions, HP (Hit Points or Health Points) could be replenished with carrots! And Power Points (yeah, I know, similar to Pokemon) are used to power special weapons, special attacks, and "spells". Maybe not only face Devan, but an even darker force as well.
I would not consider that a true Jazz game, honestly.

~ Traft

mikeejimbo
Dec 2, 2003, 06:00 PM
I had a dream about a Jazz Jackrabbit Cartoon before...

In it, there was this reporter girl that was supposed to be the rabbit in the end cut-scene that was in love with Spaz.

Flamepanther
Dec 2, 2003, 07:35 PM
I would not consider that a true Jazz game, honestly.

~ Traft
Yeah... It's kinda funny... there's been a lot more story tacked on to Jazz by the fans than there is in the actual games (read "almost none"). There's nothing wrong with fanficy stuff (as long as it's clean), but the fandom stories always end up with an entirely different spirit than the real thing. I have a really hard time imagining a Jazz RPG that doesn't have more in common with fan fiction than with the real Jazz Jackrabbit. The story in the Jazz games is superfluous candy there to add a bit of personality and flavor to the real heart of the games: blazing fast action. The essence of the Jazz games is the ability to run like the wind, take huge leaps, and blast everything in sight. You couldn't capture that very well in an RPG.

Jazz in 3D, I could handle if it was pulled off well, and after Sonic Adventure, I can certainly imagine it being pulled off well. I would almost even be okay with JJA, except that the switch-hunting and having to STOP for a long time to take out a lot of the enemies bothers me. If it were another game, it wouldn't, but it doesn't feel right for Jazz.

Jazz = speed + guns + insanity

Sun Fun Dude
Dec 2, 2003, 07:56 PM
Yeah... It's kinda funny... there's been a lot more story tacked on to Jazz by the fans than there is in the actual games (read "almost none"). There's nothing wrong with fanficy stuff (as long as it's clean), but the fandom stories always end up with an entirely different spirit than the real thing. I have a really hard time imagining a Jazz RPG that doesn't have more in common with fan fiction than with the real Jazz Jackrabbit. The story in the Jazz games is superfluous candy there to add a bit of personality and flavor to the real heart of the games: blazing fast action. The essence of the Jazz games is the ability to run like the wind, take huge leaps, and blast everything in sight. You couldn't capture that very well in an RPG.

Jazz in 3D, I could handle if it was pulled off well, and after Sonic Adventure, I can certainly imagine it being pulled off well. I would almost even be okay with JJA, except that the switch-hunting and having to STOP for a long time to take out a lot of the enemies bothers me. If it were another game, it wouldn't, but it doesn't feel right for Jazz.

Jazz = speed + guns + insanity

Agreeded. I was originally drawn into Jazz by its funness, an RPG just wouldn't be fun for me and JJ was designed as a platform action game not a slow paced RPG.

Flamepanther
Dec 2, 2003, 08:19 PM
Game-wise, I think what could do the trick is putting a good Jazz game on the Game Cube, especialy if a really good team worked on it. That kind of game is perfect for the GC crowd. PC gamers almost exclusively seem to want FPS games and strategy/RPG games right now, aside from misc things like GTA and The Sims. Jazz doesn't fit in anymore in the post-Commander Keen world of PC games, and I think that's one of the main reasons that sales of JJ2 were less than desired.

As soon as JJ1 became a hit and won Game of the Year, it should have immediately been licensed for other platforms. It was not. With the cheap and easy development available for the PSX (As much as I disslike the system), Jazz 2 should have had a near-simultaneous release on that platform. There wasn't one. JJA is too little too late.

I'll always want a PC version of Jazz, because that's where it started, but what we need right now are cartoons and consoles.

mikeejimbo
Dec 3, 2003, 12:18 PM
I'll always want a PC version of Jazz, because that's where it started, but what we need right now are cartoons and consoles.

Well said. Although I don't have any sort of console system, it might put the spark back in and they'll release it on PC later.

*rubs shock paddles together*

"CLEAR!"

(revives Jazz)

Darker
Dec 18, 2003, 11:26 AM
There is soem kind of way to edit JJ3 actually.
Basicly, if yuo have the unfinished demo version, you are in lukc and can have some fun with it.
If you have unreal, JUST unreal, then listen to this:
JJ3 the unfinished demo was previously made by Unreal Editor! I have tried to extract the whole demo into a Unreal Editor basicly, and it worked!

Right now I have each graphic and game command for JJ3.

my plans for the future: To finish up the lab level of JJ3 using very simular graphics I make and finishing the Demo version.

So far I have made rat with lab coats as the first enemy you see after you take a purple gem and teleport to the lair.

Fun!

mikeejimbo
Dec 18, 2003, 12:15 PM
But isn't that illegal?

Black Ninja
Dec 18, 2003, 04:29 PM
There is soem kind of way to edit JJ3 actually.
Basicly, if yuo have the unfinished demo version, you are in lukc and can have some fun with it.
If you have unreal, JUST unreal, then listen to this:
JJ3 the unfinished demo was previously made by Unreal Editor! I have tried to extract the whole demo into a Unreal Editor basicly, and it worked!

Right now I have each graphic and game command for JJ3.

my plans for the future: To finish up the lab level of JJ3 using very simular graphics I make and finishing the Demo version.

So far I have made rat with lab coats as the first enemy you see after you take a purple gem and teleport to the lair.

Fun!
Modifying the JJ3 demo is illegal, but simply HAVING it is more illegal. Besides, there's no point to modifying it; if you distribute modifications, you're looking at a heavy fine.

Darker
Dec 19, 2003, 11:09 AM
No one has caught me, even though I got threats. Btw, Im barely on my pc now. Fools, I WILL MODIFY IT AND CHANGE THE WORLD!

JK

Stud
Dec 19, 2003, 11:20 PM
Do people have that Jazz jackrabbit 3 demo?

Tik
Dec 20, 2003, 06:05 PM
A Jazz cartoon? A Jazz RPG?

Wow, I weep for the future. Jazz is a platform character who is not able to be sold to today's idiotic FPS/RPG/Anime obsessed market. A Jazz cartoon being suggested. Geez, you guys make me feel old sometimes. I can't believe that is even being considered. I hate America.

That was kind of topic. Nevertheless...

Indeed, once upon the idea for a Jazz TV show was a remote consideration. I doubt it would ever materialize. No game should go to TV or the movies, just like no movie should become a TV series. Ugh.

Darker
Dec 21, 2003, 12:51 PM
I have it, people i told url to download it have it, and so on..

XAYo HR
Dec 21, 2003, 11:40 PM
i have it . too.
But the .rar vile corrupt

Flamepanther
Dec 29, 2003, 05:21 PM
A Jazz cartoon? A Jazz RPG?

Wow, I weep for the future. Jazz is a platform character who is not able to be sold to today's idiotic FPS/RPG/Anime obsessed market. A Jazz cartoon being suggested. Geez, you guys make me feel old sometimes. I can't believe that is even being considered. I hate America.Pardon, but you're describing separate markets here.
No game should go to TV or the movies,The old Saturday morning Sonic cartoon had little to do with the games, but it was a pretty good show, and it reenforced the fanbase a bit for awhile. Some of the old mario cartoons were quite fun too, and let's face it, there's not much you can do to mess up Mario (except for that movie...). The first Mortal Kombat movie was a pretty good conversion to theatre, as is Resident Evil. I can't say much good for the Tomb Raider movies, but hey, they're better than the games are :r
just like no movie should become a TV series. Ugh.M.A.S.H. Ghost Busters

'nuff said.

Hare
Jan 16, 2004, 06:07 PM
Microsoft Bob. Nuff said.

LOL, this isn't Fooruman we are talking about here. And the voice is actually called Microsoft Sam. Microsft Bob was some sort of kiddy version of windows... or something like that.

But anyways, I'm thinking of making up a good Jazz like game in the future. *chuckles* but that is little consolation, unless it is a really good one.

Odin
Jan 17, 2004, 12:27 PM
A Jazz cartoon would revive the series.

If kids suck up Pokemon/Digimon, then they'll like Jazz. I can imagine Jazz toys...

After Epic brings Jazz up and proves to G.O.D. that Jazz is a good seller, and starts NOW, Jazz would be a hit 3-5 years from now.

And melting plastic turtles in your oven would be fun. Admit it.

-RoW

Risp_old
Jan 17, 2004, 12:36 PM
A Jazz cartoon would revive the series.
Not a given.

If kids suck up Pokemon/Digimon, then they'll like Jazz. I can imagine Jazz toys...
Why? Jazz isn't cute. He isn't collectible.

After Epic brings Jazz up and proves to G.O.D. that Jazz is a good seller, and starts NOW, Jazz would be a hit 3-5 years from now.
Being a popular TV series proves nothing. The age group such a TV show would cater to is that of young childern. The most game-hungy age group on the market is much older than that. Why do you think FPS games are so popular?

And melting plastic turtles in your oven would be fun. Admit it.

-RoW
Not contested.

Odin
Jan 17, 2004, 04:29 PM
The '-RoW' at the end of my post is to tell you that my post is over and if you read too far you'll see my sig, which N0b0dy likes.

-RoW

Risp_old
Jan 17, 2004, 04:53 PM
Did you really think I was being serious there?

Odin
Jan 17, 2004, 08:11 PM
Yes.

KRSplat
Jan 18, 2004, 07:19 AM
Being a popular TV series proves nothing. The age group such a TV show would cater to is that of young childern. The most game-hungy age group on the market is much older than that. Why do you think FPS games are so popular? If the TV show starts now, and the audience is 7-8 years old, then 3-5 years from now they would be the target audience for a Jazz Jackrabbit game.

However, a Jazz Jackrabbit TV show is absurd. You have got to be kidding me.

Sun Fun Dude
Jan 18, 2004, 08:49 PM
A JJ cartoon would probobly be aimed at young kiddies and thus suck majorly.

DoubleGJ
Jan 19, 2004, 05:07 AM
Wheeeeeee... Whhyyyyy? I like Sonic X... I would like Jazz cartoon... You are evil! I'm going to mommy! Wheeeeee!!!

Risp_old
Jan 19, 2004, 05:24 AM
'Wheee'?

And I proclaim this is my page!

Shiverz CC
Jan 19, 2004, 06:37 AM
Maybe someone could design a 3D fangame of JJ2 like the Sonic Robo Blast 2 one which uses a doom engine www.srb2.org. Unfortunetly I cant do this because the stuff on the site doesnt work on XP for me

Hare
Jan 21, 2004, 01:28 AM
Say, thats a nice fan game. Its got it's inadequecies, but it is nice. If only it was more perfected. :)

It kind of bugs me that no company made this kind of thing. I mean, it is using a modified version of the Doom engine. But no, they've got to only make first person shooters, don't they.

Sun Fun Dude
Jan 21, 2004, 05:40 PM
Maybe someone could design a 3D fangame of JJ2 like the Sonic Robo Blast 2 one which uses a doom engine www.srb2.org. Unfortunetly I cant do this because the stuff on the site doesnt work on XP for me

You know Hare was doing this with some 3D program (more advanced than the doom engine) however he decided to not make a 3D Jazz fangame with fear of being sued. Instead he's making it with his own characters but says he'll give it a Jazz feel. i'm sure it will be cool!

DoubleGJ
Jan 22, 2004, 02:10 AM
Yea, with a skunk.

Shiverz CC
Jan 22, 2004, 07:05 AM
Well couldn't you design a 3d fangame based on JJ1 as that is even older

Sun Fun Dude
Jan 22, 2004, 03:56 PM
It would still be using the same JJ characters so it wouldn't change any copy right infingments.

Trafton
Jan 22, 2004, 04:05 PM
Well couldn't you design a 3d fangame based on JJ1 as that is even older
The minimum time it takes for a software copyright to expire is 75 years or so.

~ Traft

Shiverz CC
Jan 23, 2004, 07:45 AM

~ Traft

... long

Odin
Jan 23, 2004, 08:08 PM
Shall I PM you when 75 years have passed?

-Waits quietly-

-RoW

Hare
Jan 24, 2004, 06:04 PM
Oh yeah, I still have those old screen shots up at my MSN site.

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/screenshots.msnw?Page=2

Feel free to look around. Interesting stuff. I'm not sure how long it will be until I get the whole gear rolling with Jazzer X. Mabye I should get a little more work done on it tonight. I've been quite disorganized in the past, but I'm working on getting more "on the ball" with things.

I'll give the notes that I made about the production process of JX a read-through, then work on writing up some more on my plans on how to go about the production of the game. I haven't forgotten the project though. Actually I hardly go a day without thinking about concepts for it. Just I haven't done much as far as putting those thoughts into action.

I currently don't own a copy of the Professional Edition of GameStudio, so that means that multiplayer and a distributable map editor (among other things) just won't be available until I can get a copy. I plan on entering the Acknex Challenge, though, where I can win a Pro Edition upgrade. All I've got to do is make a game with my current software that kicks the butt of the competing game creators' games. There's a few restrictions like file size, and sometimes there's a certain theme the game has to have or something, but I think I can win this.

I mean, check this out...

http://www.conitec.net/contest.htm

You see that one contest where that fighting game, "Battle Dust: The Championship" won 3rd place... The game was a crappy fighting game, you can check it out in the download sections of the site, if it is still there. *chuckles* So I'm hoping that perhaps this gives me a chance to simply pull out all the stops for a sure fire winner.... at least, I'm hoping, anyways. And not to say that "pulling out all the stops" is easy, because I do intend to put in a lot of hard work.

The entry is due by spring of 2004.... I hope I can have something by then. Maybe just send an early version of JX as the entry *chuckles* makes sense.

Sun Fun Dude
Jan 24, 2004, 08:37 PM
I hope you do well in the contest Hare. Good luck :)

Hare
Jan 25, 2004, 06:34 AM
Thanks! *goes to work on his design docs* ^_^

XAYo HR
Jan 26, 2004, 07:13 AM
Or JJ2 cards how Yu-Gi-Oh hmm.... Dark Jazz #2 or Lasershield effect One monster increases its atk or def by 500 points :p

or the jj2 Tv Show

Jazz: You can't win er... Devan.
Devan: Muahhahaahahahahanha i have the ultimate POWERED LAZERSHIELD muahhahahahaahhaahaa you suck Jazzzzzzzz muhahahaha

Flamepanther
Jan 26, 2004, 01:27 PM
If two of the Sonic cartoons can be as good as they were (or are, in the case of Snic X), there's nothing to keep a Jazz show from working. Other games have done well in animated form as well. In particular, the new series based on Gungrave is wonderful.

As for the chance that the show will be "kiddy"... on some level, you are probably right. But then, it would be labeled that way no matter what. The majority of the TV viewing and game-playing public is going to automatically assume "kiddy" as soon as they see brightly colored fuzzy animals as the main characters. That's including any future Jazz game too, not just a cartoon. We'll just have to rely on a younger audience as the "fuel" for the fandom, and the "mature" gamers who are actually mature enough not to be afraid of cute animals will come along too. That was basically the idea in Jazz 2, or the game wouldn't have been so easy.

DoubleGJ
Jan 30, 2004, 04:21 AM
As I look on the Jazz3 screenshots, I see that it would be much more kiddy than Jazz2. Fortunately, Jazz on GBA wasn't such a sweetie.

Blade Nightflame
Feb 26, 2004, 02:07 PM
Well, i don't know if ANYONE imagines having Jazz's voice actor using Mario's voice (From Super Mario Bros 3. The cartoon). In a Jazz 2 cartoon.

I wonder what the idea of a Jazz Anime would be like...

DoubleGJ
Feb 27, 2004, 01:20 AM
Jazz can't be in anime since he's american-comic-styled.

Ninja Dodo
Feb 27, 2004, 09:07 AM
There is a way to get around legal issues. Apparently Epic has said that they would have no problems with a Jazz mod for UT2004.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=126765

Flamepanther
Feb 29, 2004, 02:35 PM
Jazz can't be in anime since he's american-comic-styled.That, uh, doesn't make any sense. "Anime" isn't limited to only one style, and American characters have been done in what most Americans would consider an "anime style" many times. For instance, there is a series of Batman manga that was released in Japan. Also the cast of Capcom's Marvel Comics fighting games (X-Men: Children of the Atom, Marvel Super Heroes, Marvel vs Capcom, Marvel vs Capcom 2) are done in a very "anime" style and it worked just fine. Looked great, in fact. On the other side of the coin, some very "anime style" things like Voltron and Battle of the Planets have been given relatively successful American comics, drawn in a relatively "American" style.

When we've alredy seen Jazz drawn in several different styles within the games alone, it doesn't make any sense to say he can't be done a certain way becuase he's a certain style of character. No sense at all.

Shiverz CC
Mar 1, 2004, 06:51 AM
Why dont you post Jazzer X in the Community Game Development forum ?

Hare
Mar 4, 2004, 11:28 AM
Why dont you post Jazzer X in the Community Game Development forum ?

Hmm, thats a good idea. I bet it would be a good way to kick-start the process of development, and get the ball rolling.

ManiK
Mar 18, 2004, 04:40 PM
If (hopefully when) a new Jazz game comes out, It should be in the style of Jak 2, as in that it's not Cutesy, but more mature so that it caters to long time Jazz fans.

Violet CLM
Mar 18, 2004, 04:41 PM
Jak? I'm not sure I've heard of that game. Screenshots?

ManiK
Mar 19, 2004, 05:44 AM
Youve never heard of jak and daxter for PS2? Jak 2 is the sequel and it's much darker and more mature
http://www.armchairempire.com/images/previews/ps2/jak-ii/jak-ii-4.jpg
http://www.armchairempire.com/images/previews/ps2/jak-ii/jak-ii-2.jpg

These arent the greatest screenshots but it's hard to find good ones.

MoonBlazE
Mar 19, 2004, 06:41 AM

~ TraftSo we'll just keep the community alive in 75 years, just so Trafton can feel better over the game. Nobody will mind a fangame as long the character credit is given to their respective creators. = p

Hare
Mar 24, 2004, 08:12 AM
hmm, is a Jazz fangame against epic's copyright if it is an Unreal Tournament 2004 mod?

Something to think about perhaps.

Stijn
Apr 1, 2004, 06:18 AM
How about SENDING THEM AN E-MAIL!
I mean, supposed they would answer it, that would clear up a lot of things.

KRSplat
Apr 1, 2004, 01:08 PM
But then they if they said no they would be suspicious...

(j/k.)

NinJazz
Apr 15, 2004, 03:44 AM
I don't think Shareware is going to do a new Jazz, so why we can't do it?
We have no copyright is no a real matter but still we can't do it!
I don't understand why?????? If we would do it why not?
"People always ask why, never why not" that's the key!

Lem_Gambino
Apr 15, 2004, 11:54 AM
*has an EXCELLENT idea*

Jazz Jackrabbit + Insomniac Games X Ratchet and Clank = JAZZ 3!

Think about it. Ratchet and Clank has pretty much all of the same stuff Jazz 2 has: awesome controls, graphics, loveable characters, massive levels, and addictive "blast enemies into a million pieces" gameplay.

A while back someone said something about Jazz 3 being an RPG. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando has RPG-like gameplay: you can upgrade your health and weapons by squashing lots of enemies. And you'd have to travel around and do stuff to progress the plot until the final battle.

Doesn't that sound like fun?

DoubleGJ
Apr 16, 2004, 12:44 AM
Yeah, I found R&C quite similar to Jazz games. But I don't want any RPGs. Jazz is too much up for shooting to think.

Violet CLM
Apr 16, 2004, 12:58 AM
Doesn't anyone remember the comic in the JJ1 manual? Jazz was all for getting information and stuff. The whole thing felt kind of like an RPG.

DoubleGJ
Apr 16, 2004, 06:21 AM
The Polish JJ publisher suxorz. We even have a different sucky CD cover (see Haze's Hideout), so don't even think about getting those comics here.

Lem_Gambino
Apr 16, 2004, 06:36 AM
I wasn't talking about a TURN-BASED RPG-type game! I was thinking more along the lines of Zelda/Metroid...with all of the R&C flavors, of course. :)

DoubleGJ
Apr 16, 2004, 09:29 AM
Yea, it would be fun to collect new abilities while playing like in Metroid Fusion.

piet
May 6, 2004, 01:29 AM
i will just drop this link and you can see what you do with it:

http://www.eckhart.da.ru/razz/ (http://www.eckhart.da.ru/jazz2/razz/)

Blaze The Movie Fan
Apr 22, 2005, 03:07 PM
You're right

Toys 'R'N'T' us is gonna sell it

In other words: No

LittleFreak
Apr 22, 2005, 11:20 PM
Thank you for reviving an old topic for no apparent reason.

DarkJazz23
Apr 23, 2005, 12:05 AM
You COULD always buy Jazz Jackrabbit's rights!

LittleFreak
Apr 23, 2005, 12:26 AM
Have fun paying that.

White Rabbit
Apr 23, 2005, 04:36 AM
Darkjazz: Didn't you suggest that same idea twice now? We are not willing to live on the streets for Jazz.

JSZ Mateusz
Apr 24, 2005, 08:09 AM
IMHO sequel of Jazz 2 should be a hi-speed shooter [/Sonic fan], and also not so childish... Jazz could say "God(-)(-)(-)(-)" if he would stomp some spikes.

Violet CLM
Apr 24, 2005, 11:44 AM
That would be awful. Sound turn off.

White Rabbit
Apr 24, 2005, 11:57 AM
Jazz is not about swear words (you can add swear words in text events above spikes if you have to :p). It's more about gameplay. So, plz, no swear words by default and definitely no such voices for Jazz (or anyone else).

mikeejimbo
Apr 24, 2005, 06:03 PM
There is a way to get around legal issues. Apparently Epic has said that they would have no problems with a Jazz mod for UT2004.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=126765

*cries* Ninja Dodo, you were always my favorite! *sniffs*

If that's true, then I think I'll have to get UT2004. No no, I wouldn't be able to make a mod, much less a Jazz Mod. But SOME smart person might be able to.

Mircea
Apr 30, 2005, 04:17 AM
Hi! I'm new on the forums. I played JJ2 and i'm a very big fan of the game.
I think that Jazz3 would be a great 3RD person shooter. The idea of making a Jazz mod for UT2004 doesn't sound to good cuz Jazz is a nice game while UT is a shoot-on-sight and it's all just about killing everyone.
I'm not saying that UnrealT is not a good game, but it's somehow opposed to Jazz.

R3ptile
Apr 30, 2005, 04:53 AM
Err... what? Jazz is also about killing everyone...

piet
Apr 30, 2005, 04:54 AM
yea but not with unreal style Gore

Baggers
Apr 30, 2005, 05:20 AM
Mircea: Welcome to the forums !

Jazz could say "God(-)(-)(-)(-)" if he would stomp some spikes.
Definately no...i mean if i smacked my anus into a load of spikes i would say god-(-)(-)(-)(-) i'd say "ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
Besides its meant to be a light hearted game !...thats how i see it, not childish just light hearted

DoubleGJ
Apr 30, 2005, 05:45 AM
Or more like easy-going. I'd like to see (hear?) Jazz joking all the time like Duke Nukem, except that without swears.

Sonyk
Apr 30, 2005, 07:26 AM
Or more like easy-going. I'd like to see (hear?) Jazz joking all the time like Duke Nukem, except that without swears.
I'd always thought that to be Spaz's forte.

Mircea
Apr 30, 2005, 07:32 AM
I'm glad to see that Jazz2 still has many fans working on it even if some may call it an "old game" just because it is a side-scrooler and not a latest-technology DirectX 9 shooter.
I used to edit games myself (sort of) by editing bmp or wav files with paintbrush or sound recorder to modify in-game texture and sound (games that had texture&sound in this format). Amateur stuff really, I never did something serious even though I always wanted to. My only real work was a city I built in UnrealTournament (1) with the Editor. Yeah, I did some editing on some games even if (shame on me) I don't even know what "Quake3" means.
If you think I could help with something... I would gladly do it cuz I really like this game and I still believe there's a chance for Jazz3 to be released. But I don't have any programs except the editor in UT and UT2004.

Baggers
Apr 30, 2005, 10:21 AM
I was wondering, seen as youve obviously had experience in the arty departments if you would mind helping with that side ?...imagining up and drawing out new and old objects larger than original, it would be an immence help to me.

Mircea
Apr 30, 2005, 10:49 AM
Of course! But, as I said, I don't have any special software. If it can be done using Paintbrush, Microsoft Photo Editor or Power Point, I'll gladly help.

Baggers
Apr 30, 2005, 12:06 PM
Well its not the tools that maketh the man, could you post up any little sketch you like and have done with these...theres always Gimp aswell !

Mircea
Apr 30, 2005, 12:52 PM
I don't get it...

Baggers
Apr 30, 2005, 12:54 PM
Um which bit ?
the gimp bit ? - http://www.gimp.org
the maketh man bit...thats just me jibbering about you can be great with jus tthe tools you have.

n00b
Apr 30, 2005, 01:12 PM
IMHO sequel of Jazz 2 should be a hi-speed shooter [/Sonic fan], and also not so childish... Jazz could say "God(-)(-)(-)(-)" if he would stomp some spikes.
An 'easter egg' in the illagal Jazz 3 demo had some Jazz voice clips where he cursed which you could put in place of his old dying voice clips if you wanted to(even though that would take some time doing monotinus<sp?> work)

Mircea
Apr 30, 2005, 03:00 PM
OK! Give me the files you need me to edit and tell me exactly what I must do so I can be shure I didn't miss anything (I can't install Gimp but I don't think I'll need it).

VashTheStampede
May 4, 2005, 02:02 PM
There was a post recently about Jazz 3 being in production. Personally I doubt it. It would be a very nice thing for al of us. According to Murphy's law, it isn't.

However, I was wondering, what WOULD it take? Would it take Epic to pick it back up? Would it take money from an outside source? What WOULD it take?

Anyway, there's nothing we can do, even if we knew.

all it would take is the unreal editor that comes with the beta copy of jj3d.

me and viper have started making levels and stuff for it. also it takes professional audio software. which i hope to obtain soon.

Mircea
May 6, 2005, 02:12 PM
Is there a chance I could get the JJ3 demo/beta version from the net???

n00b
May 6, 2005, 03:40 PM
Yes, however it took me months of Google searching, when the answer is so obvious. When you find it, you will lsap yourself(Seriously, it was the first place I looked)

Oh, and Karazickle(of Karazickle Race fame) is also doing stuff with the editor whilst I just find out which events work, which don't, how to overcome bugs etc.etc.

Mircea
May 8, 2005, 12:09 AM
OK, I'm not really good with 3D modeling but I think I could draw a good Heads-Up-Display for J3D (with this I'm good). If you want me to and you don't plan on using the JJ2 HUD in JJ3D I need to know 2 things; how many weapons you plan on adding and if you plan to use the system with multiple lives (UP-s) or just one life like today's games where if you die you must load the last savegame.

ShadeJackrabbit
May 14, 2005, 01:21 PM
I have Corel PhotoPaint 6 (images), Multiquence (sound), Goldwave (sound), and Microsoft Office, A couple programming languages (C++, C, C#, Visual Basic), and an imagination. Anyways, if you need help with any part of a game, just ask. (By the way, I am VERY opposed to vulgar language no matter what the context. )

piet
May 17, 2005, 12:51 AM
Razz Arena can use a new crew member.
its a Quake3 mod, (quake3 is C++)

if you would like to join us please PM me

MSB3000
May 17, 2005, 01:48 PM
why is the Razz site down? i put it my favorites and now it doesn't work.
and the link in your sig is dead too

Baggers
May 17, 2005, 06:27 PM
Yeah its down at the mo...piet will hopefully be able to get it running again soon. Sorry bout that

piet
May 17, 2005, 10:05 PM
i have recovered my server's harddrive now, i will reinstall the whole server so we will have working websites today.