PDA

View Full Version : What kind of message board should I use?

Hare
Dec 1, 2003, 07:05 PM
Hiya, I was looking into getting a message board up for the game project I'm working on. The code name for it is Jazzer X (a real name will be decided when the project is done).

Anyways, if anyone has any suggestions for the message board to go with (what message board provider should I go with?), then I'd really appreciate it.

And for those of you who are familiar with it, I know that the Jazzer X thing is going kinda slow, but thats why I've got a kind of headquarters on the drawing board, so to speak.

Thanks for you time.

Monolith
Dec 1, 2003, 07:47 PM
Do you have your own server to put it on? If not, all I can think of is Ez-Boards. Otherwise there are several good choices. PHPBB is nice and free.

Trafton
Dec 2, 2003, 09:03 AM
EZBoard is total face. I'd seriously recommend hosting it on your own server whatever it is. PHPbb is indeed the best free solution that you host.

~ Traft

Spotinik
Dec 2, 2003, 09:50 AM
I know of another service that is quite good, and doesn't have popups. (expect for advertisement banner ads). and the error that you might find annoying is when the server goes down time from time (I think that's the Database Error), and goes back up. here:
http://www.invisionfree.com/

Hope that helps.

Hare
Dec 2, 2003, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I read through the Ez-Board terms of use. Aparently by posting your content there, you give them total rights to copy, distribute, and/or alter anything you post. 's true. However, the terms of use say they won't sell your content to third parties, but that is little consolation.

Its like saying "We are going to do something mean... but we won't do something worse. Doesn't that make you feel better?"

Newspaz
Dec 3, 2003, 12:10 AM
Why not just post things here? ;) This forum should get something in it...

Radium
Dec 3, 2003, 02:35 AM
... or make your OWN forum in QBASIC!

Onag
Dec 3, 2003, 09:08 AM
... or make your OWN forum in QBASIC!

This. Is. So. Yes.