PDA

View Full Version : Tileset Standards...

Kaz
Jun 21, 2001, 10:28 PM
Just an idea... somewhat... like maybe to help or add a neat option in the game, and hopefully this won't make it repetitive... can we have a "Tileset" tile location standard?

For instance... if you were to switch tilesets in Jazz2 from Medivo to diamondus then it would come out all screwed up... so like in some places why don't we have a switch support option where floor tiles are placed in the top row and same with the other tilesets and stuff... something like that... it would make switching a lot easier, and would be cool if there was a switch to toggle tilesets directly while playing the level and it would like "change seasons"...

Just a thought.

Newspaz
Jun 22, 2001, 02:04 AM
Then you won't be able to put more different stuff in a set..

MetalWarrior
Jun 22, 2001, 06:18 AM
Actually, there won't be any "switching tilesets" the way their was in JJ2. However, you could switch the graphics by importing new pages, doing a find and replace on all the old tiles (one by one), then removing the old pages.

The Find and Replace function isn't coded yet, but is planned.

Newspaz
Jun 22, 2001, 10:01 AM
Oh oh.. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

This editor will get harder by the day http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Violet CLM
Jun 22, 2001, 12:10 PM
I've had that idea for a while, actually. Don't know why I never posted it.

Kaz
Jun 22, 2001, 06:47 PM
I envy you, I wonder why I posted this and didn't include to add extra stuff at the bottom... but since MW is going to add stuff anyway I'm somewhat happy and confused.

He (is that "sexist"?) knows nothing... doubts nothing.

Tik
Jul 10, 2001, 10:26 PM
Off-topicly, calling an unknown person "he" is grammatically correct, even though evil feminist nazis who think that guys are a bunch of muscle-brained power0claiming fools will tell you elsewise.

Yeah. Me neither.

EvilMike
Jul 10, 2001, 10:32 PM
Complicated level editors are nifty. With a complicated editor, you can do complicated stuff, and that is always good.