PDA

View Full Version : Flight Shield concept

Hare
Dec 14, 2003, 11:38 PM
Thinking up fun ideas to put into future games, I cabe accross the Quake III MOD, Bid For Power (A Dragon Ball Z fan MOD). I found it to be fun, and I particularly liked the flying ability, so I drew up a flight suit concept. Well, it is a Jazzer X image, so it is a type of shield in this picture. :)

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/shawnsartiii.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=265

Sorry for the pixelation. I drew it in paint and added effects in GIMP.

Radium
Dec 15, 2003, 03:01 AM
I really like the glow around the edges, but the inside seems a bit too "scribbled" in; it might look a bit more convincing if it just had a solid semitransparent fill. Or, since you plan to make JX in 3d, you may want to apply a fully transparent texture with a nice animated spark effect (http://www.shaders.org/enhance:am/tutorials/three_step5.gif).

Kaz
Dec 15, 2003, 03:47 AM
Except the sparks shouldn't have shadows. Looks nice as a concept, but is there a generator?

Risp_old
Dec 15, 2003, 04:37 AM
Long live paint! Whee!

Fawriel
Dec 15, 2003, 10:03 AM
Good work for mostly an MSPaint image... I like the concept.

Hare
Dec 28, 2003, 12:20 AM
HaHA! Wow, the spark dances!

Yeah, that is a nice effect. I'll keep it in mind.

And what do you mean by generator, Kaz?

Radium
Dec 28, 2003, 06:04 AM
And what do you mean by generator, Kaz?
He means a place that all the shiny purple stuff is coming from. Assuming it's a type of forcefield, not glass =P.

Batty Buddy
Dec 28, 2003, 07:56 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Cool. Tron-tastic.

Hare
Dec 29, 2003, 10:42 PM
Ah, ok. The generator would be in the gun. I imagine it charging up, then shooting out, where the energy beam splits up and encompasses the character, where it forms into the peices of the armor. At that point, the "flight shield" is no longer connected to the energy source, and degrades with usage and damage. I also have an idea where the shield can be overloaded with another energy type, and puts it in a kind of self-destruct chain reaction. Kind of like an energy bomb that destroys the shield, but leaves the player undamaged. Nice way to make an entrance, I'd say.

Sun Fun Dude
Dec 29, 2003, 10:54 PM
Wow. Thats pretty cool!

GuMmYBeAr!
Dec 30, 2003, 12:02 AM
omg offense ;(

*Cackles, and hugs Hare.*