PDA

View Full Version : A christmas sketch... which isn't really christmas related

Hare
Dec 28, 2003, 02:27 AM
http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/shawnsartiii.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=266

Greetings :)

This here is an image of Toca I did on Christmas. I put a bit more effort than normal into this image, so the quality level has jumped a bit from average. Uhm, oh yeah, and the ears. I was trying to draw them with perspective, pulled back a bit. I didn't quite know what I was doing when drawing the ears, so I kind of went with the best that I can image in my mind, and then tried to translate that to the paper.

And as normal, I was trying for optimal cute effect. Well, optimal cute effect isn't exactly the best explanation, as there's a variety of different types of cute. I'd rate this a casual cute with a dash of SQUEEEEE!!!! I have to use SQUEEEEE!!!! with disgression, as too much could cause a blood vessel in the brain to burst and cause a stroke. Perhaps if I would have gotten the ears right, I could have gotten in a good dose of pathetic cute as well. Now, pathetic cute is like the SQUEEEEE!!!! cute, except it effects the heart. As such, too much pathetic cute can cause a heart attack. Then there's 8p cute, which numbs the brain, causing a lack of motor functions. Its not fatal, but will make you look really stupid, which makes you wish it was.

Enjoy, and follow the propper cuteness viewing safety proceedures.

-Shawn (Alexius/Hare) Jones

Risp_old
Dec 28, 2003, 05:26 AM
AUGGHREEQPRAFT!!!!!! SQUEEEEE!!!! CAUSING... STROKE........ <sub>bleh......</sub>

Xion
Dec 28, 2003, 10:19 AM
awwww...that's cute.

I'm sure Faw will print it up immediately and put it on his <s>shrine</s> wall.

Batty Buddy
Dec 28, 2003, 10:21 AM
Que Passa!!!!

HIPPYYYYYYY!!!

Er... well, it LOOKS kind of like that...

Fawriel
Dec 28, 2003, 12:59 PM
..cute.

SilverRaindrop
Dec 28, 2003, 04:08 PM
Heehee, that's a good sketch, although I think you need to work on fabric folds. Most of it is fine, but the creases drawn on his stomach makes it look like his jumper is sagging off him when the outline makes him look tubby. (No offence!)
Erm, I've no idea what's going on with the ear 'cause there's no need for perspective unless the WHOLE BODY/object is at a certain angle. This one's just in a straight (eye-level) view so there's no need to change the angle of anything else for this particular pose.
Besides from that, the face is very well drawn, not to mention cartoony! ^_^ You don't get much of that in the MT forums as most of us specialize in Animé or realism. the only other crit I could give is that his arms seem a bit too big compared to his slim portrait (from head to shoulders, but this term can also mean a picture of a person's head that's been taken from the side), but that's nothing too important. Plus I have no idea who this character is or how his original body structure is like, lol, so please bare with me here.

Keep it up. =)

Radium
Dec 28, 2003, 04:12 PM
Heehee, that's a good sketch, although I think you need to work on fabric folds. Most of it is fine, but the creases drawn on his stomach makes it look like his jumper is sagging off him when the outline makes him look tubby. (No offence!)
Erm, I've no idea what's going on with the ear 'cause there's no need for perspective unless the WHOLE BODY/object is at a certain angle. This one's just in a straight (eye-level) view so there's no need to change the angle of anything else for this particular pose.
Besides from that, the face is very well drawn, not to mention cartoony! ^_^ You don't get much of that in the MT forums as most of us specialize in Animé or realism. the only other crit I could give is that his arms seem a bit too big compared to his slim portrait (from head to shoulders, but this term can also mean a picture of a person's head that's been taken from the side), but that's nothing too important. Plus I have no idea who this character is or how his original body structure is like, lol, so please bare with me here.

Keep it up. =)
You pretty much hit all the points I was going to including one you probably didn't intend.

Oh, and the smiley on the shirt seems to have developed the ability to avoid foldage. Please <s>smash its head in</s> bend it accordingly.

Hare
Dec 28, 2003, 05:52 PM
Oh, I can see how there's a mistake in her gender. I totally missed drawing the chest. o.o

Also, I noticed that the eyes seem to have a bit of a male quality. The lines are too... "strong" so to speak. I could have put a bit more feminine quality in them. I think the fault could be in the way they were tappered.

And as for the ears, the idea was to make it look like they were pulled back a bit. Kind of like a dog would do.

Radium
Dec 28, 2003, 06:02 PM
I totally missed drawing the chest. o.o
Since I would have worded this very poorly I'd like to thank Raindrop for coming along =P. Thankee, Rain!

SilverRaindrop
Dec 29, 2003, 12:04 PM
Since I would have worded this very poorly I'd like to thank Raindrop for coming along =P. Thankee, Rain!

Lol, you're welcome, Radium. ^_^

Oh, and sorry about the whole 'He' thing, Hare!! :eek: Gomen, gomen...

Batty Buddy
Dec 29, 2003, 01:09 PM
Que Passa!!!!

..cute.

Faw shows restraint when in the presence of Toca. I'm impressed.

Fawriel
Dec 29, 2003, 01:11 PM
After I drew my latest picture, no cuteness can impress me.
BAHAAHAHAHAA..

...actually, I was just not in the mood. ^^;