PDA

View Full Version : Short Story

FreeLance
Dec 30, 2003, 10:29 AM
<strong>!!CAUTION: This story is about two less-than-righteous men and contains quite a bit of language not suitable for children under the age of however old you need to be!!</strong>

"So, what do we do now?" Milo's look was a deadpan of unemotion.
I told him I didn't know, as I had never searched for treasure in a pirate's cove. I further expressed that I reckon we just poke around until we see something out of the ordinary. He made it quite clear that he was not sure what ordinary was in a pirate's cove and,
"Me neither," said I.
"Well, then what do we do?"
I shrugged and suggested we at least just look around first, and then I flicked on my torch. It was a dark, damp cove and I think I caught a chill.
Milo stomped back to our gear and retrived his own torch and knocked it on. He made known his concerns that maybe we ought to've brought along some more batteries, mate, 'cos you never know when these (people) are going to go dead on you, and the last place I want to be lost in the dark is a dirty cove like this. I was quick to remind him it was your idea to leave the rechargable battery packs in favour of the New Longer Lasting (TM), and don't say it wasn't.
The water was starting to get a bit intrusive, and a couple of times we'd have to run back to our gear and move it forward a few feet. I'm not sure why we didn't just go ahead and put it back in the row-boat we'd come in on,
"'cos we sure weren't using any of it 'sides the torches and maybe the shovels later, man," as Milo fondly retrospected in his eloquent vernacular.
This retrospection didn't do any good, as it was already too late. We'd wandered off into our own seperate corners of the cove - as we'd divvied up the chore of searching and each chose a side of the cove to search, until we get to the back of it, then toward the middle and meet up, then just poke around wherever we wished. I turned around and found that the water was touching my heels, and that's when I realised
"Gear!"
Milo turned about sharply and let out quite the yelp of fear and anguish as one would expect from a woman being attacked by a savage beast. A few of our belongings were washing up right in front of me, but the rest of it was no where to be found. I tossed a shout across to Milo that I didn't know water rose this fast. (Darn) it.
We ended up sending the night in the highest point of the cove with the water lapping at our toes. Then it all went down the next morning and we made a fire, and by chance a couple of fishermen came by and helped us. I guess we were
"Kind of stupid, going on the whole treasure hunt. Why would any pirate put his treasure off the coast of Alaska anyway, and where'd you get such information?"
"(-) sake, I told you, I read about it in that book Aunt Edna got me for Christmas."
Milo asked about the blue tie she got me for Christmas the year before and why I never wore it.

Derby: Content edit/removal/replacement.

GuMmYBeAr!
Dec 31, 2003, 12:33 PM
;(

<3

Kaz
Dec 31, 2003, 01:56 PM
Does Derby censor jew >(?