PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Jackrabbit Advanced

Shiverz CC
Jan 3, 2004, 10:55 AM
Jazz Jackrabbit Advanced

Advanced ? : Before I start Jazz GBA is not called Jazz Advance its called Jazz Jackrabbit and it has nothing to do with the real Jazz which is why my game is called Jazz Advance because the sprites are like the Sonic advance sprites and because I want to make a Jazz advance that acctually contines of the story of the proper Jazz Jackrabbit

Story : Devan decided to destroy Jazz once and for all. Luckily he managed to capture the whole Jackrabbit family and tie them up. His machine was ment to shrink the family so he could squash them but he got shrunk himself. With everyone shrunk Devan needed to capture them and get himself back to normal size . Unfortunetly Devan has been having trouble. His castle is two big even two large rocks count as big. Jazz is not having any luck either he is ending up in the castle aswell. As for Eva well a bath full of crocodiles not very nice.

Characters :

Jazz - The rabbit who has been a main character for 3 games
Spaz - Crazy and weird brother of Jazz. He said Spaz is from his Dads side
Lori - Likes to be the one with the most attention
Eva - Jazz's wife who considers breaking a nail the end of the world
Devan : The bad guy whos dumb and has a really weird voice
Daven : Devans son who we meet at the end could there be a sequel ?
Hidden 1 - ???
Hidden 2 - ???

Audio :

Jazz : Super Hero (Worms 3D Voice)
Devan : Super Villian (Worms 3D Voice)
Eva : Cowgirl (Worms 3D Voice) Its just the oof and phew sounds :P
Spaz : Conscience (Worms 3D Voice)
Lori : Not Done Yet

Levels :

Castle Of Nightmares (Jazz)
Devans Dungeon (Boss) (Jazz)
Carrot Gorge (Jazz)
Bottomless Pit (Boss) (Jazz)
Devan's Bathtub (Eva)
Plughole Panic (Boss) (Eva)
Rescue Rabbit Eva (Eva)
Devans Lab (Boss) (Eva)
The Garden Of Devan (Spaz)
Thrown Away (Unbeatable Boss) (All)
Devans Cat (Spaz)

Features :
Playable as Jazz , Eva and Spaz at the moment
Hopefully 20+ Levels of fun and action

Sprites :

Jazz Jackrabbit - 100%
Eva Jackrabbit - 100%
Spaz Jackrabbit - 100%
Lori Jackrabbit - 20%
Devan Shell 1 - 100%
Devan Shell 2 Flying Mobile - 50%
Daven Shell - 0%
Bad Guys - 100%

Demo : The demo has one level based on the castle level but has a different layout and is only on the demo. Im adding a 2 player mode aswell which will be 2 player co-operative 1 level which will be the same level. Jazz is player one who will be the main character. Eva is player two so if she leaves the screen she will reappear next to Jazz. Hope you enjoy this.

Download The JJA Trailer With This Link

http://www.angelfire.com/super2/shiverz/JJA_Trailer.zip

Screenshots :

Some Images have gone to make space for new ones :)

Multiplayer Menu (Demo)
http://www.angelfire.com/super2/shiverz/Multiplayer_Menu.bmp

Garden Of Devan (Full)
http://www.angelfire.com/super2/shiverz/GOD.bmp

Updates : Two new screenshots one of the updated Demo and another of the full game enjoy

Well I have updated the Game and graphically changed it. I have updated alot of the background the text and mostly buttons and stuff. The demo looks very nice of course it be realeased as versions so It will get better. Bugs and things will be fixed as people report them and so it will turn out like

JJA V1.0
JJA V1.1

Then finally

JJA V10.0 Final Demo

But it may be less then that because its a small demo

Well as I have said I have changed the graphics and they look better. The full version is coming along pretty well but is getting hard because the story line is them now thrown out of the window and landing on Devans Cat :P Yes in this game devan has a cat. Hopefully it will consist of you riding a cat to a certain area then jumping on cars and stuff to get back to Devan who has grown big again. Yet again why not squash them.

Note that sometimes some updates will be posted further down the page so remember to look down the page you should know when I have posted as I have a JJA pic in my signature.

Violet CLM
Jan 3, 2004, 11:24 AM
TGF's graphic editor is mostly for tweaking already existing graphics. I'd advise using some program actually designed for graphic creation and editing, or even a pencil and paper.

Trafton
Jan 3, 2004, 11:33 AM
UR is right. Jazz comes out looking like a 3-year-old in that shot, and the carrot looks more like a slice of well-decorated carrot cake. I'm sure you'd be better off with a graphics design program, or even <i>PhotoShop</i> or something. Good luck, however.

~ Traft

Shiverz CC
Jan 3, 2004, 11:37 AM
Jazz comes out looking like a 3-year-old in that shot, and the carrot looks more like a slice of well-decorated carrot cake.

Jazz looks like a 3 year old because he's shrunk causing his appearance to be changed I also wanted him to look different :)

If it looks like carrot cake it is carrot cake should I change it to carrot cake ?

Xeno
Jan 3, 2004, 12:50 PM
You can also edit sprites the old-fashioned way, MSPaint (although, I also use Irfanview for things MSPaint can't do or is bad at doing).

Fawriel
Jan 3, 2004, 01:01 PM
First off, that Jazz sprite looks incredibly cute. XD

Secondly, why would Devan tie them up in order to shrink them if he could simply blow them up?

Radium
Jan 3, 2004, 06:07 PM
The Jazz sprite is awesome and if you remove it I will kill you.

Shiverz CC
Jan 4, 2004, 01:41 AM
Thank you all nice people. In answer to Piccolo's question Devan is stupid and he wanted to squish them which is weird I would have blown them up but evil geniuses think big or emmm small in this case . I have uploaded the sprites of the characters that I have made at the minute

DoubleGJ
Jan 4, 2004, 07:27 AM
Thank you all nice people. In answer to Piccolo's question Devan is stupid and he wanted to squish them which is weird I would have blown them up but evil geniuses think big or emmm small in this case . I have uploaded the sprites of the characters that I have made at the minute
You're right. The graphics look funny which is kind of good in a way (if it's supposed to be a funny game), so you can have them that way. The idea sounds good. So, basically, if Jazz is shrunk, then the levels will probably be like in Tom & Jerry game for NES (walking on boxes, fridge, dollhouse?). Making tilesets like for Jazz2 would spoil the game idea.

Shiverz CC
Jan 4, 2004, 09:35 AM
Yes the first level is devans castle but at a part there is a massive great big door. The second level is carrot gorge which is just two large rocks no bigger than the height of Jazz's knee apart from eachother. The third level is going to be a woodland level which massive trees and things like that.

Black Ninja
Jan 6, 2004, 05:15 PM
I do believe that JJ2 fangames are illegal. But it looks pretty cool anyway. However, I must say I have a problem with Jazz's ears.

Radium
Jan 7, 2004, 02:43 AM
I do believe that JJ2 fangames are illegal. But it looks pretty cool anyway. However, I must say I have a problem with Jazz's ears.
Technically, every piece in the War Tavern that uses the word "Jazz" is illegal, as is every piece of fanart. It's just the "Lemonade Stand" kind of illegal.

DoubleGJ
Jan 7, 2004, 07:19 AM
Jazz Jackrabbit is illegal, because jazz music was first. Bow down to jazz musicians!
Originally posted by Shiverz CC
Yes the first level is devans castle but at a part there is a massive great big door.
Why would such a geek like Devan have a castle? I know he's stupid, but he also loves technology. On your screenshot I can see a knight. Maybe it would be some kind of a future castle, where knights are robots and it is surrounded not by water, but acid (:D). There is a lot what can be designed, but as I believe, not much possible. But at least try, 'cause Devan surely doesn't like wooden doors and stone walls.

Shiverz CC
Jan 7, 2004, 07:20 AM
Please don't start a whole topic here about fangames being illegal and other such things like this. I have been making Sonic fan games for a long time I don't see how it is illegal as I the maker am in no what related to Epic Megagames or any people related with the game. Also the Jazz sprite is finished and so is Eva and Devan :)

Also like a say above Devan is an idiot who is stupid like all bad guys. You would think he would do something like kill Jazz while he's on the toilet.

DoubleGJ
Jan 7, 2004, 07:29 AM
Also like a say above Devan is an idiot who is stupid like all bad guys. You would think he would do something like kill Jazz while he's on the toilet.
That's a point. Somebody made a sprite comic about this lately.

Shiverz CC
Jan 7, 2004, 08:47 AM
Demo is coming out soon. For the demo I will be making a castle level using the blocks from the actual castle level. The demo will have its own levels not playable on the full version. Is it ok to upload demo fangames on J20 I will just upload a readme saying where to download it from.

Fawriel
Jan 7, 2004, 08:52 AM
<s>How can an evil <i>genius</i> be <i>stupid</i>?</s>

Er... continue.

Shiverz CC
Jan 7, 2004, 09:03 AM
How can an evil <i>genius</i> be <i>stupid</i>?

If I was Devan :

1. Would have killed Jazz while on the toilet of something
2. I have captured Jazz and shoot him with a bazooka not shrink him

In Jazz Jackrabbit 1 + 2 if Devan was clever and not stupid he would have killed Jazz by now and of course the game would never of exsisted

Radium
Jan 7, 2004, 11:24 AM
1. Would have killed Jazz while on the toilet of something
But THAT would be a lame ending.

Coppertop
Jan 7, 2004, 11:40 AM
Seriously yeah.

I always thought Devan was too intelligent for his own good (though Conquerer doesn't reflect it) and that because of his smarts he made plans way too complicated and long, which explains why Jazz had time to stop him. Huh.

Violet CLM
Jan 7, 2004, 12:27 PM
1. If you are going to create a demo of your fangame before releasing the full version, I'd say post it on the JCF. You get less in depth reviews, but more people are likely to comment on it, and some people are going to play it enough to actually find bugs. Plus it's probably against the J2O rules.

2. ...Devan's sprite is ugly.

3. Wait... lemonade stands are illegal?

4. Have you ever seen a game where the evil villain just adopted a sensible plan to destroy the hero? It's always something nice and complicated. And you can't forget that Jazz has extra lives and Continues.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Jan 7, 2004, 12:46 PM
Black Ninja: I do believe that JJ2 fangames are illegal. But it looks pretty cool anyway. However, I must say I have a problem with Jazz's ears.

The "Fair Use" provision of Section 107 of the United States Code should protect fangames.

Fawriel
Jan 8, 2004, 09:38 AM
3. Wait... lemonade stands are illegal?
Unless you are too young to be responsible for that.
Otherwise, you'd need permission to
a) sell things
b) erect a lemonade stand, unless it's in your own garden or something.

Black Ninja
Jan 8, 2004, 07:54 PM
Heh, I would seriously praise a game that ended with the villain killing the hero while he's using the toilet.
That would just be awesome ;p

Sun Fun Dude
Jan 9, 2004, 01:10 AM
Looks pretty cool. I hope you'll use a custom platform movement coz the default one is (absolutely terrible) and will really lower your games appeal.

Derby: Content replacement.

Shiverz CC
Jan 9, 2004, 07:00 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone :)

__________________________________________________ _____

Listen up. I'm hoping alot of people are intrested in this game and can't wait to have a turn. Anyone out there may be hoping that something may be in the game. Now if you have any ideas you want in the game I may consider them but hurry. I check this forum everyday for comments. There may be the odd occasion I don't see a comment. So hurry now and write what you'd like to see in the game.

If this game goes well and alot of people are pleased by it I will make a sequel because I won't give it away but the game will end at a part where you'll want to know whats happened so like "Jazz : Devan .. whats that ....." something like that. So keep uploading ideas because if all goes well I may decide to put your ideas in the second one. Oh yes and you'll get your name in the credits :p

Look out for more news soon :-)

DoubleGJ
Jan 9, 2004, 08:46 AM
Idea: A level where you control both Jazz and Spaz by switching through them. They can start in different places, but there will be switches or something else that will affect stuff on other character's path.
Idea: Since Eva is weaponless, you will need to sneak up behind opponents. If they at least see you, you lose.
Idea: Jazz encounters a lab hamster. XD

Fawriel
Jan 9, 2004, 09:28 AM
Better idea: Turn Eva into a Fiona (Shrek ) clone. =3 ( In other words: Turn her into a super strong kung-fu master. Whee! )

Idea: A level inside a living creature. Hmmmmmm, tasty.
Idea: A level amongst food
Idea: A boss which is Devan trying to stomp you, which means you have to evade til... something.. happens. Yeah..

Shiverz CC
Jan 9, 2004, 09:30 AM
Nice ideas. I was going to do a Devan trying to squash you level :) . Unfortunetly I'm using TGF so i'll try my best to do some of these ideas if I want to. The level ones are easy like inside a creature and stuff like that. Sneaking up behind oppenents is hard to do aswell as switching characters.

Violet CLM
Jan 9, 2004, 10:57 AM
Don't feel TGF is a handicap. Stretch it to its limits. Remember it can do most/many things Gamemaker can.

<strike>Although if you have trouble sneaking up behind people, I fear you may be nowhere near the limits.</strike>

Sun Fun Dude
Jan 9, 2004, 08:27 PM
Idea: Don't use the standard platform movement.

Sneaking up and changing characters would not be that hard. Email or PM me if you need further help with any coding in TGF or MMF. I've been making games for years. Most of my old work is quite crap or dated. For instance my game: "Billy's Adventure" will soon be moved to the "classics section" I don't think it really holds up by my skill today. Still I'm sure its fun to some people ;). Anyway I'm working on something big. Check out my site for further stuff and I'll gladyly give you any game making help you need!

DoubleGJ
Jan 10, 2004, 04:58 AM
There is a tutorial in TGF. One of the lessons shows how to make enemies not see you when you're behind them. By using more objects like that, you can also make them hear you better when you run than when you walk, when you're closer or further, or what the area is like. As for stomping Devan, this level would use quite much of memory, but today's computers won't even notice the difference. (mine is not today's, but don't care)

Shiverz CC
Jan 11, 2004, 01:03 AM
Well .... Im gonna try these out and see if I can work out for myself how to do these things. Im trying to keep the programming as simple as possible but i'll try my best and if i need anymore help I'll ask all I know is im certain I will put a Devan stomping level in

Shiverz CC
Jan 12, 2004, 09:36 AM
This is a link to download the JJA Trailer its not big and its not long I got bored and made this :)

http://www.angelfire.com/super2/shiverz/JJA_Trailer.zip

CatzCC
Jan 12, 2004, 11:01 AM
Guess what as i am realted to shiverz i was able to nick the sprite of him and I am
using it for my new game the jazztrix :lol: but all i can think is why am i sooooo into the matrix :cool: I have no idea why but good sprites and game shivz I will love the full version woopie way to go!

CatzCC
Jan 12, 2004, 11:03 AM
I thinl i made my pic to big :lol: :O :p :D :eek:

Risp_old
Jan 12, 2004, 01:10 PM
Two things-

1. why did you include a setup file? I really prefer to simply unzip everything into a directory.

2. In the trailer, on the second line when it says 'spaz, lori, and his lovable wife eva", it looks like you are saying Eva is Lori's wife.

Shiverz CC
Jan 13, 2004, 07:14 AM
Two things-

1. why did you include a setup file? I really prefer to simply unzip everything into a directory.

2. In the trailer, on the second line when it says 'spaz, lori, and his lovable wife eva", it looks like you are saying Eva is Lori's wife.

1. Dunno

2. But all Jazzers know there is no gay characters

Violet CLM
Jan 13, 2004, 11:39 AM
2. But all Jazzers know there is no gay characters
Join the Spaz/Henchlizard Ship today ;(

Setup files can be annoying as you end up having to create two new folders. For smallish programs, just zip up the program itself.

Risp_old
Jan 13, 2004, 01:30 PM
I remember there was this one game where it's documentation had an installation file.

Shiverz CC
Jan 20, 2004, 07:08 AM
Ok new updates and some more information on the game for both the demo and full version.

Demo - I made the sprite for Lori in the demo which is just the one of her standing because you only get to play as Jazz & Eva. Also the co-op level which I have tried with my sister is ok on TGF you cant split the scrollings so I couldn't do split screen so it is if Eva goes off screen she appears next to Jazz again and says "Phew!".

Full - All of the Spaz sprite is finished and I have started Spaz's level which I think is medium for a difficulty because you die when you fall in the mud holes. Also in the Multiplayer option which hasnt been finished yet their is going to be three gamemodes "Co-Op" , "Battle" , "Stars".

Its gonna take a while so I will make the Multiplayer a totally seperate game to the singleplayer. This way I can easily do it and when it comes to be downloadable you can download seperate files which are smaller. Anyways im trying to keep the programming for the game simple so Im using simple programming in the event editor its not rubbish though just to keep it easy for me and quicker for you

Co-Op - Choose a level from the list to say where you start from or play from the start and work your way through. Jazz , Spaz , Lori , Eva

Battle - This is undecided I don't know if i will use this but. You choose a level to battle on. Jazz , Spaz , Lori , Eva , Devan , Daven

Stars - How can collect the most stars you'll have to see. Jazz , Spaz , Lori , Eva

These are the three gamemodes but battle may be changed. Thats all for the updates

Violet CLM
Jan 20, 2004, 09:36 AM
It is possible to do splitscreen in TGF, it's just a lot easier to do it in MMF.

Shiverz CC
Jan 20, 2004, 10:16 AM
It is possible to do splitscreen in TGF, it's just a lot easier to do it in MMF.

It is ??? Hmm well could someone show me a tutorial or tell me as this would help alot

Violet CLM
Jan 20, 2004, 11:42 AM
http://www.clickteam.com/CTforum/showthreaded.php3?Cat=&Board=fac&Number=140844&page=&view=&sb=&o=
That's one... not necessarily the best. There are others, of course. Just search a little.

Sun Fun Dude
Jan 20, 2004, 02:20 PM
www.tigerworks.co.uk I'm nt sure if they have a splitscreen thing but they have the best examples and totourials for TGF and MMF

Violet CLM
Jan 20, 2004, 02:50 PM
I'm pretty sure Tigerworks doesn't have a splitscreen thing. I'll try to make a really simple splitscreen example for you, hopefully it'll be ready later today.

Violet CLM
Jan 20, 2004, 03:17 PM
Ok, here's a really simple way of doing splitscreen in TGF. It's laggy, and because I used the default platform movement you can only control one character at a time, but it does pretend to work. Run Split1.exe, not Split2.

ftp://ftp.tachyonlabs.com/pub/users/ttachyon/sam/Splitscreen.zip

Hint: Use MMF instead. Or at least a custom platform movement. Both are waaay better for....
...well, anything.

Sun Fun Dude
Jan 20, 2004, 03:24 PM
Ok, here's a really simple way of doing splitscreen in TGF. It's laggy, and because I used the default platform movement you can only control one character at a time, but it does pretend to work. Run Split1.exe, not Split2.

ftp://ftp.tachyonlabs.com/pub/users/ttachyon/sam/Splitscreen.zip

Hint: Use MMF instead. Or at least a custom platform movement. Both are waaay better for....
...well, anything.

Listen to Unknown Rabbit, there is wisdom in those words! Well even if you can't afford MMF atleast use a custom movement please or the game may tunr out :r

Violet CLM
Jan 20, 2004, 03:38 PM
There is, of course, a price discount if you already own TGF.

...on the subject of the game, it looks ok, but you might want to do a bit more work on shading.

Sun Fun Dude
Jan 20, 2004, 03:53 PM
Well if you need help with walking animations just ask!

Shiverz CC
Jan 21, 2004, 08:33 AM
I need gfwctrl.gox

Violet CLM
Jan 21, 2004, 11:13 AM
...you don't have the Window Control object? I could have sworn that came with TGF... I know it comes with C&C and MMF.

As such, I don't know if it's legal to just upload. Search for it a bit or something.

Sun Fun Dude
Jan 21, 2004, 03:39 PM
I need gfwctrl.gox

Um there are many extension archives but I'm not sure you can get THAT perticualar gox. Hmmmmm as Unknown Rabbit said search for it.

Shiverz CC
Jan 22, 2004, 07:04 AM
Unfortunetly with all this tutorials its 8 way movement and is vertical. I know there is a turtorial on a Sonic Fan games site but it is MMF only. I was looking for a platform movement horizontal one. Im still looking for the gox file

Sun Fun Dude
Jan 23, 2004, 09:31 PM
Unfortunetly with all this tutorials its 8 way movement and is vertical. I know there is a turtorial on a Sonic Fan games site but it is MMF only. I was looking for a platform movement horizontal one. Im still looking for the gox file

I programed a platform movement in TGF didn't need any gox's. Dowload it here: http://home.graffiti.net/sunfungames:graffiti.net/engine.gam (just right click and save target as) You can use it hope it helps :D

Violet CLM
Jan 23, 2004, 09:53 PM
Whoa. Waaaaaay buggy. I would suggest using detectors and Static movement instead.

(On a side note, your jumping is straight up and down and gives no sense of gravity.)

Sun Fun Dude
Jan 23, 2004, 10:59 PM
Whoa. Waaaaaay buggy. I would suggest using detectors and Static movement instead.

(On a side note, your jumping is straight up and down and gives no sense of gravity.)

Yea I know that engine is pretty crap. I am working on a new one, that one was just an example to show a platform movement doesn't need plugins.

Shiverz CC
Jan 24, 2004, 05:02 AM
Im not sure yet but here is a prediction for when the demo will come out it's not certain as I may return to it to add a little bit more anyways here is the prediction 25/02/04. I have finished the levels for the demo 1 sp and 1 mp but I may update it to make it better. Anyways don't ask when the full thing will be out because that will take a lot of work because Im only 25% through SP and still have to make 6 levels each for 3 multiplay modes so thats 18 levels + 20 the game will turn out to have 38 + levels :eek: its quite hard for me but I'm trying this is my biggest project its even bigger than my Sonic fan game :)

cooba
Jan 25, 2004, 01:53 AM
Idea: A level inside a living creature. Hmmmmmm, tasty.

Yea, it would be cool. Like "Center of Evil" by himself.

Anyway, make a lev where players are able to move Devan. E.g. escape from castle which is going to blow up. Yum, yum.

Shiverz CC
Jan 27, 2004, 10:12 AM
Well the MP mode contains Devan as a character if more people request it I will make a SP lvl or more for Devan or it may be an idea for JJA 2 if I make it

Shiverz CC
Jan 30, 2004, 12:50 PM
Well I have updated the Game and graphically changed it. I have updated alot of the background the text and mostly buttons and stuff. The demo looks very nice of course it be realeased as versions so It will get better. Bugs and things will be fixed as people report them and so it will turn out like

JJA V1.0
JJA V1.1

Then finally

JJA V10.0 Final Demo

But it may be less then that because its a small demo

Updates : Well as I have said I have changed the graphics and they look better. The full version is coming along pretty well but is getting hard because the story line is them now thrown out of the window and landing on Devans Cat :P Yes in this game devan has a cat. Hopefully it will consist of you riding a cat to a certain area then jumping on cars and stuff to get back to Devan who has grown big again. Yet again why not squash them.

Sun Fun Dude
Feb 1, 2004, 10:12 PM
Well cool! Remember Tigerworks can be very, very helpful with many effects and cool things in TGF and MMF :D

Shiverz CC
Feb 4, 2004, 08:30 AM
News - I havn't updated the game lately but here is some updates just for you

Full Version

1. Change the menu graphics to the same as the demo
2. Start making Lori full animations
3. Start making Daven
4. Enhance the Devan flying mobile
5. Change all level icons to better ones
6. Maybe update the graphics in the levels
7. Start Devan's Cat level
8. Think of a new type of boss level
9. Make a new bad guy maybe a flea or something
10. Add in more extra lives (Theres not many)

Demo Version

1. Check it over
2. Add anything else to make it better
3. Upload it to a webpage for people to play
4. Look at comments and update the demo
5. Go back to No.1

Sun Fun Dude
Feb 4, 2004, 08:13 PM
News - I havn't updated the game lately but here is some updates just for you

Full Version

1. Change the menu graphics to the same as the demo
2. Start making Lori full animations
3. Start making Daven
4. Enhance the Devan flying mobile
5. Change all level icons to better ones
6. Maybe update the graphics in the levels
7. Start Devan's Cat level
8. Think of a new type of boss level
9. Make a new bad guy maybe a flea or something
10. Add in more extra lives (Theres not many)

Demo Version

1. Check it over
2. Add anything else to make it better
3. Upload it to a webpage for people to play
4. Look at comments and update the demo
5. Go back to No.1

Sounds like the game is going pretty cool! Hope to see the demo soon ;)

Shiverz CC
Feb 5, 2004, 07:35 AM
Does anyone know of any sites which are as easy to use as geocities but not as rubbish as I don't really have any HTML skills and I just want to make a quick site for updates and screenies

Sun Fun Dude
Feb 5, 2004, 07:42 PM
Does anyone know of any sites which are as easy to use as geocities but not as rubbish as I don't really have any HTML skills and I just want to make a quick site for updates and screenies

Well use something like Open Office or Dreamweaver to make your site (very simple tools) and upload it somewhere like Geocitites, Tripod, Angle Fire or what ever.

Shiverz CC
Feb 5, 2004, 10:59 PM
Well use something like Open Office or Dreamweaver to make your site (very simple tools) and upload it somewhere like Geocitites, Tripod, Angle Fire or what ever.

Thanks Sun Fun Dude

Sun Fun Dude
Feb 5, 2004, 11:07 PM
Thanks Sun Fun Dude

Hey glad to help :) Can't wait to try the game out! Good luck! Just ask if you need further assistance with game or site development.

DoubleGJ
Feb 6, 2004, 03:42 AM
I've noticed that Sun Fun Dude has some sort of a-must-reply. ;) Anyway, looks like I'll be able to get my paws on JJA soon! Keep up the good work!

Sun Fun Dude
Feb 6, 2004, 03:54 AM
I've noticed that Sun Fun Dude has some sort of a-must-reply. ;) Anyway, looks like I'll be able to get my paws on JJA soon! Keep up the good work!

Hey, I also use the same tools (well I use MMF) so I'm always glad to help ;)

Shiverz CC
Feb 6, 2004, 08:58 AM
I guess we are the game makers in this community oh yeah and ET but he doesnt come on here does he ?

Anyways i was wondering if it was possible to make it so like JJ2 you can change fur colour and stuff like that on TGF

Violet CLM
Feb 6, 2004, 12:17 PM
Bah. I wouldn't be too surprised if I was better than either of you. (ET, of course, has only gotten better since JSR)

Anyway, TGF, no, not unless you make different active objects for each color. MMF supports color changes, though.

Sun Fun Dude
Feb 7, 2004, 12:04 AM
Bah. I wouldn't be too surprised if I was better than either of you. (ET, of course, has only gotten better since JSR)

Bah. I wouldn't be too surprised if you were wrong ;-)

I guess we are the game makers in this community oh yeah and ET but he doesnt come on here does he ?

Anyways i was wondering if it was possible to make it so like JJ2 you can change fur colour and stuff like that on TGF

Well if you make the player and his sprite seperate objects this would be possible but that takes a bit of work so email me if you want to know how.

Radium
Feb 7, 2004, 06:49 AM
I guess we are the game makers in this community Are we forgetting me and the RF Wars? Personally, I like Game Maker more. It's faster, easier, and more stable. Most TGF games I play lack a sort of "unity". Paint drawn sprites, solid backgrounds, poor sound effects, no music, and difficult controls. Of course, this could be blamed on the programmer =P. I'm still looking forward to this game, and hope it gets farther than my last two attempts at a JJ2 fangame... er... three attempts.

DoubleGJ
Feb 7, 2004, 08:22 AM
And the best is programming yourself. :)

Violet CLM
Feb 7, 2004, 12:27 PM
Bah. I wouldn't be too surprised if you were wrong ;-)
Bah. When I need help, nobody is even able to answer my questions. This clearly shows that I am advanced.

Sun Fun Dude
Feb 8, 2004, 12:54 AM
Bah. When I need help, nobody is even able to answer my questions. This clearly shows that I am advanced.

Bah I haven't asked for any help so you don't know how skilled I am anyway.

DoubleGJ
Feb 8, 2004, 03:12 AM
Hey, stop it please! It doesn't matter how skilled you are, but what are your ambitions!

JazzJon
Feb 11, 2004, 08:26 PM
Ermm...not trying to be be mean or anything but...that Jazz sprite needs lots of changes. By the way keep up the good effort. :-)

Shiverz CC
Feb 12, 2004, 07:30 AM
Im happy with all my sprites... hmmm let me re phrase that

Im happy with Jazz , Spaz , Eva , Lori

Devan is a sprite which I will work on after the game has all its levels completed because it looks weird

Sun Fun Dude
Feb 12, 2004, 09:06 PM
Hey the sprites are okay. Not everyone is an expert graphics designer atleast he isn't using ripped graphics.

Shiverz CC
Feb 13, 2004, 07:34 AM
Yes I don't want to take graphics from the game to proove that this is my game I don't want anyones help notice I have only asked for ideas yes your name will be put in for helping get ideas but no one what so ever has helped with this game.

Beta-Testing will probably be done by :

Catz (My Sister)

And some other people who have helped alot so if you have been helping me alot by giving me ideas or helping me do things with the game I may ask you to beta test.

Remember :

I make everything within this game
I havn't taken any sprites from the original game
The game is based around Jazz Jackrabbit 2
This game has nothing to do with the GBA version which is really good

Shiverz CC
Feb 13, 2004, 09:19 AM
Update - I have taken out some stupid parts from the game and have taken out about 7. These parts where just text explaining what was happening heres and example for say after completing Castle Of Nightmares

Devan hadn't defeated you but luckily before his last shot to kill you , you hopped away now Eva is close maybe she is outside go and check Jazz quickly.

Then it would have a password and stuff but all of them have been taken out and the levels just carry on. However there is still some cutscenes left in when characters meet with the others like Jazz meeting Eva. The only other scene deleted is after the first boss which was a cutscene which wasnt needed hopefully taking out stupid boring parts will make it smaller quicker and less irritating.

If your wondering about level updation :

Devans Cat hasnt been started as I had to change everything in the game like deletion like I have said above. Devans Cat will hopefully be started soon.

__________________________________________________ _______

Boss Level Ideas

The first 5 boss levels are all the same boss just made harder devan fires enemies and sometimes carrot then he fires a button which hurts him and then he says "Have this fool executed".

I need some new boss ideas because on the boss level I just made I was going to make a new type of boss but couldnt think of one. Please keep it simple I dont want a boss that fires out bugs that crawl along then fire and you kill them and jump on them to get up to the next platform and continue until you reach the top and hit Devan because that would be quite hard. Im trying to think like some of the Sonic Fan Games

Sun Fun Dude
Feb 13, 2004, 04:05 PM
Thank you :D I hate games where they have boring un skippable bits.

Shiverz CC
Feb 16, 2004, 12:14 AM
Update -

Demo - I think the demo is coming along ok just one bug though where I had put a background object instead of a button.

Full - All boring bits are out , brand new passwords for levels , cutscenes moved around , starting Devan's Cat level.

Look out for screenies soon :)

Shiverz CC
Feb 16, 2004, 12:25 AM
Im getting rid of battle mode and replacing it here are some I dont want

-Battle
-CTF
-Race
-Treasure
-Team Battle
-Survivor

To be honest nothing from Jazz Jackrabbit 2

I need some ideas of a new game mode that appears on JJA

Shiverz CC
Feb 16, 2004, 12:31 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/super2/shiverz/JazzScreen1.bmp

New Screenie (First Appearence Of Lori)

DoubleGJ
Feb 16, 2004, 12:26 PM
Hey, Lori looks really cool!

Violet CLM
Feb 16, 2004, 01:34 PM
Have you considered shading?

Shiverz CC
Feb 16, 2004, 01:43 PM
No , I havnt and wont Im happy with how they are

Sun Fun Dude
Feb 16, 2004, 08:17 PM
They all look pretty cool especially since your obviuosly not graphicly talented. But yeah I agree ad some shading it is VERY easy on small sprites.

Shiverz CC
Mar 3, 2004, 08:13 AM
Would you like to see a story written in the game to explain what its about or a nice cutscene ?

Sun Fun Dude
Mar 3, 2004, 07:52 PM
Thats nice.

HEY thanks for looking at my thread about my game and not replying after all the suport I've given you.

Shiverz CC
Mar 3, 2004, 10:54 PM
Sorry

Your game is good I didnt know what to write at the time :D

Violet CLM
Mar 3, 2004, 11:19 PM
Haven't you gotten at least three complaints about the sprites already?

TaZaR
May 19, 2004, 11:57 PM
Hey, what about this game? Is it still alive? The graphics are not too good, but if the gameplay will be ok, it will be a nice game. So, I'll wait for it.