PDA

View Full Version : A question about how you are going to sell Possum

EvilMike
Jun 23, 2001, 08:00 PM
I was wondering, is the game going to be sold in stores, or online? Or will it be freeware? Shareware? Can we use Canadain money? I can't stand it anymore. i NeEd To KnOw!!!!!

*explodes*

Alright, I WAS exaggerating just a *bit*.... but those questions have been in my head for quite a while. And plus I hate ordering stuff online.

Kaz
Jun 23, 2001, 10:33 PM
Will it cost us to play online?

Electric Ir
Jun 24, 2001, 09:47 AM
That would be pathetic.. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Newspaz
Jun 24, 2001, 09:53 AM
Probably both. They want to ship it to stores. So it will probably also be sold online like about all games.

MetalWarrior
Jun 24, 2001, 10:56 AM
Yes, I'd like to know that myself... ;)

We'll see. It's not the first time this topic's come up :)

EvilMike
Jun 24, 2001, 11:00 AM
Pay-to-play is just plain evil. And not the kind of evil I am.

Newspaz
Jun 24, 2001, 01:06 PM
Pay to play is a quite good way to stop people without a full version playing online.

But I dont think anyone wants to put extra money in a platform game just to play online..

Hrrmmhb Possum.. Smell's good. Man I can't wait to play this game. Give it to me, give it ! I don't care if it's an alpha, beta or whatever crappy version it is..

MetalWarrior
Jun 24, 2001, 03:15 PM
I meant the thing with it in stores or shareware or whatnot... there definitely wouldn't be any fee to play online. Only a few publishers are silly enough to risk that, and usually only with MMOGs.

Newspaz
Jul 1, 2001, 06:43 AM
You won't get it. Want to know why?..

BECAUSE POKEY SAID SO !!!!!

KRSplat
Jul 1, 2001, 10:58 AM
Can I publicize this forum so we can get people interested in Possum so they'll want to buy it?

KRSplat
Jul 1, 2001, 11:00 AM
Or even better, publicize the Archive (now an artifacthttp://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif) from JMMB that started possum?

Kaz
Jul 1, 2001, 05:21 PM
Hmm, Dark ages and Everquest do that but that's RPG so... yeah.

The thing that'll really tick you off is that you have to buy everquest at the store, then pay to play it.

EvilMike
Jul 1, 2001, 10:57 PM
I am hoping Neverwinter Nights won't be pay-to-play.

Stijn
Jul 9, 2001, 12:51 AM
Whoo.

1. Who's Pokey?

2. Pay-to-Play is something for silly publishers like the people who don't want to publish JJ3

3. To protect internetplay-possum from shareware ppl, just don't include the internet play option in the shareware

That were my nonsense tips. Slap them.

Electric Ir
Jul 10, 2001, 06:45 AM
1. Pokey is Pokey the penguin, known with his broccoli. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

2. I agree.

3. That is a good idea, but it holds people from buying the game. It might be okay if, just like in Jazz Jackrabbit, there is just one little demo level in Battle Mode. Then people go think "Well, this game is good, even the battle mode rules, I wonder if there are any more modes?"

Might sound stupid, but can contain a fact.

EvilMike
Jul 10, 2001, 10:30 PM
Plus the FV will have a level editor and people will also be able to create mods for the game. (not music files, modifications, as in new weapons or enimies)

SlaYer
Jul 20, 2001, 02:39 AM
if it will be in the stores, i think it will have a very limited crowd.

KRSplat
Jul 21, 2001, 09:25 AM
Ok. What you do, is put an ad on that says, "from the people who play a game by the makers of Unreal." That last part will get just about everyone's attention.

Exept mine.

SteelTalon
Jul 22, 2001, 09:00 PM
I have lots of good reasons why this should be freeware (and most likely will be) but instead of saying them |_33+/\/\45+3R will do a little dance.

See?

Gotta love it.

Dino
Jul 23, 2001, 10:26 AM
Let's set something straight: it's not going to be freeware under any circumstances.

MetalWarrior
Jul 24, 2001, 05:46 AM
Well said. I agree heartily. :)

Roaster
Jul 30, 2001, 05:18 AM
Sellouts. :P

MetalWarrior
Jul 30, 2001, 08:33 AM
...sellout? who?

I missed the meaning of that completely.

Hareoic
Jul 30, 2001, 10:41 AM
I don't wanna pay to play! JAZZ 2 WILL NEVER DIE!

Electric Ir
Aug 10, 2001, 01:49 AM
It will, sometime.

Possum will live on.

KRSplat
Aug 12, 2001, 04:57 PM
Jazz isnt dead. Not as long as we have hope. Maybe theres another community in some other place with millions of players? And they have theyre own version called something else but its still jj2? And theve madejj10 maybe? Or not. Ithink its the or not. But.. ya never know... (but you usually do)

Electric Ir
Aug 14, 2001, 01:15 AM
Umm, I don't think that could be true, because most of us has searched on Jazz Jackrabbit before in a search engine (e.g. Google (http://www.google.com), a good one) and never found something like that, I bet.

SteelTalon
Aug 14, 2001, 11:31 AM
KRSplat: I bet you believe in martians and that kind of stuff too. ;P

Not freeware? Even more evilness. This thing better be pretty darn good if I'm gonna shell out money for a *gasp* 2-D 0|_|)5|<00|_

platformer. =P

Oh yeah, good luck finding a publisher. ;P

KRSplat
Aug 14, 2001, 06:11 PM
not martians. too close *P <--- a martian http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif