Thread: OpenJazz
View Single Post
Ice M A N

JCF Member

Ice M A N is doing well so far

Dec 4, 2005, 05:39 PM
EDIT2: If you're comeing here by means of the J2O front page post, read the rest of the topic as well. There are still a couple issues..

http://www.princeton.edu/~mspear/jj/...r/bmp2blox.exe

(may have to wait for me to zip it or something.. not sure if executable downloads are OK on the students' sites on the princeton webserver) It's ok now... silly permissions problem.

It's a commandline thingy:

1st argument: bitmap source file (e.g. blocks000.bmp )
2nd arg: 1st background (eg blocks000bg.bmp )
3rd arg: 2nd background (eg blocks000bg2.bmp )
4th arg: output (eg BLOCKS.000 )

Typeing out the paths to your files can be tedious, so a little trick is to have the command prompt open, and like a windows explorer view with your files listed... You drag the program from windows explorer to command prompt, press space, drag your source bitmap, press space, 1st bg, space, 2nd bg, space, probably type the output since you don't want to overwrite something...

I tried it with 000,001,002,003,004 and they all produce correct results.

Give me a heads up if you have something that you think the program should be able to compile but fails to do so. Feel free to email examples to mspear (at) gmail (dot) com .. The only error checking it does is to make sure it has the right number of arguments.

Have fun.

A nicer/GUI version will come eventually once all bugs (if any) are worked out and some basic error handleing is implemented..

EDIT: And my apologies to TB for hijacking his thread.. in an effort to get more on topic, anyone who plays around with the program see if the custom tilesets work in both JJ1 and OpenJazz

Last edited by Ice M A N; Dec 5, 2005 at 08:06 AM.