View Single Post
Nimrod

JCF Member

Nimrod has disabled reputation

Sep 24, 2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
Agree. Reputation is good for the JCF with all its occassional discussion and banter.

A "thank you" system sounds like an endless circlejerk (no wonder it's on Digiex).
So this is what it all started with, out of the blue for no apprant reason an attack on Digiex. What provoked it? Linking to a Modification which has worked well on our site and I was only suggesting it MIGHT also work for JCF.

Lets look at the term CircleJerk, and what caused me to even respond.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=circlejerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
Oh come on, what does that have to do with anything? Not that cooba's reply was all that constructive; no need to get snappy when someone is offering help.

Thanks for the heads-up, Nimrod, I'll certainly look into it. I'm still not convinced the reputation system really needs replacement (minmay has a good point) but it's always good to have an alternative.
Cooba wasnt offering help, he was throwing a cheap shot at Digiex which he loves to do, or even directly to myself, one could even sum it up as trying to start a flame war. But don't worry, as hes part of your team its all fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IconGuy View Post
It's the reputation. Even presented as digits and squares, determined by such a nonsensical system as a rep button, it gets people crazy.

In fact, I bet Nimrod is just sour about his low rep.
Honestly, couldnt care less, do you think if I cared about rep at JCF I would visit a bit more often than once every few months usually just to read up on whats been going on. Sadly however everytime I've come to the JCF, Iv either found Cooba has been flaming me while I've been gone, or as soon as I post anything he will be there to do so. Its like a cycle and its about to repeat itself, I pop my head in, Cooba flames, I can't be arsed and don't bother coming back for a while.

Now, the big problem with this, is most of the conversation has been prompted deleted by Stijn, though some of Coobas post remain, including the thing that started it off. I never came here to make an arguement, all I did was browse JCF, saw this thread and thought, hey I got an idea which could help, and suggested it. It doesn't bother me if its selected or not, I just thought hey a chance to maybe help and I did. A simple response like the second half of Stijn's was all that was needed.

Maybe I shouldn't have jumped to the defence when Cooba launched his attack, but its got to the point where I'm fed up with constantly being slammed by him whenever I make an appearance, even though I go out of my way to avoid it. Over the past few years whenever I pop my head into the JJ2 Scene, its happened, from homophobic abuse to just slamming me over the past. If you lot knew what it was all over, your think how stupid (but just so you know, it all started when I didnt give Cooba the Bash server password as we had more than enough admins).

I'll think I'll try and make this my last post for a while, as its clear the admins of the forums will hide and protect Cooba's posts (some of or should I say most of his deleted posts were abusive), all I did was post a suggestion and look what its turned into, the point of the thread is gone and more people like to but in and give an opinion on our argument when they don't know what its all about. As always if people have problems with connectivity to the list server please drop me a message, though if you want a quick response I'd suggest either IM me or PM me on Digiex.

PS: If people are still annoyed about my behaviour like 5 years ago with the List Server and so fourth, thats 5 years ago. I was young, it was the past.

[I suspect this will be deleted or heavily edited]