View Single Post

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jan 3, 2016, 10:03 AM
Dean did the original drawings, Scottie Cone did some cleanup/shrinking/editing.

It's clear that Dean's style is different from Nick's. I don't think either style is better than the other, but clearly Lori's sprites stand out from the game a bit due to their style. Ideally Nick's style would have been emulated for Lori's sprites, or Nick would've been brought in to do the sprites, but clearly that didn't happen.

I don't think it's productive to get into a discussion on the definition of 'cel shading' here, by the way. I think SAMI isn't necessarily using the term as it's generally used but that doesn't really matter. In the end what it comes down to is that Lori is drawn in a different style than the rest of the game, and as a result stands out a bit. It's not the worst thing in the world, but yeah, it is noticable. She's also a bori