View Single Post

JCF Member

SAMI is doing well so far

Jan 3, 2016, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
To be pedantic, you're talking about highlights. Highlights and shading are two different things. Cel-shading...is a form of shading..
For once again, I'm going to tell you that those highlights an lightings are a part of shading. Yes cel- shading is a part of shading too. But clearly you understand that I'm not talking about cel shading.

And when I said it looks "flat", you should have known what I meant, or didn't you? Why are you pointlessly arguing for no good reason? The whole thing was very simple, Lori's shading [And I'm not talking about cel shading] wasn't suitable for JJ2 at all.

And then you had to start over reacting with it and then tell that my criticize doesn't make sense? Looks more like you're the one who's blind here. And you're reading my posts literary. How hard is it for you to understand what I meant by shading?

Enough of it anyway. Our discussion will lead this thread to get locked. I don't want this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
Dean did the original drawings, Scottie Cone did some cleanup/shrinking/editing.

It's clear that Dean's style is different from Nick's. I don't think either style is better than the other, but clearly Lori's sprites stand out from the game a bit due to their style. Ideally Nick's style would have been emulated for Lori's sprites, or Nick would've been brought in to do the sprites, but clearly that didn't happen.

I don't think it's productive to get into a discussion on the definition of 'cel shading' here, by the way. I think SAMI isn't necessarily using the term as it's generally used but that doesn't really matter. In the end what it comes down to is that Lori is drawn in a different style than the rest of the game, and as a result stands out a bit. It's not the worst thing in the world, but yeah, it is noticable. She's also a bori
And this is exactly what I'm saying all the time. And I'm not so expert in English [Sorry for that], but ever since working with 3D softwares and messing with games- I came to have the idea that "Shading" term can be used for lighting effect too. And I still think, shading is not just Cel shading. Hence "Cel" is used before "shading", cause its not the only shading.

Last edited by SAMI; Jan 5, 2016 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Shitty picture that messed up the layout