Thread: Jazz2City
View Single Post
Brian

JCF Member

Brian has disabled reputation

Jun 27, 2002, 08:24 PM
Now it is, ;-) but when you consider that J2C hasn't been updated in like 2+ years, it's going to leave something to be desired.

And yes, at the end good help was hard to find. I'm not saying that we didn't have ANY, we just didn't have hardly anyone who would do regular updates. I seem to recall that we would give the FTP password to J2C out to several people, and then over time people would abuse it (give it out to friends... not use it... etc...). So we'd have to change it and start from scratch with the people we gave it out to. Eventually at the end, basically only DethMan, Steven and I had the password. (maybe one or two others, but I don't remember anyone else. Steven did most of the work) So yes, J2C was a big stress on EVERYONE. Steven, Deth and myself. :-) We tried multiple times to have others help maintain the site, but it never worked out. Every time we tried that, people would say that they wanted to help and would update, but it'd take forever to get updates, if they came at all. Eventually it became so bad that Steven took on most of the workload himself, and didn't really let anyone else work on the site. I have no clue how he pulled that off.... but he did. He is amazing.