Thread: Jazz2City
View Single Post
Brian

JCF Member

Brian has disabled reputation

Jun 28, 2002, 04:05 PM
Myths:

1.) The JMMB is coming back.

Nope. As far as I am concerned, this will stay archived on my backup CD. It's too much to get running again, and I don't feel like uploading a 400-meg zip file of it to someone else who could do it.

2.) J2C will be updated.

Nope. There are only two people that I know of that have FTP access to J2C now. I am one of the two. Neither of us have the time to update J2C at all. It is not coming back as a current news site. It is not coming back as a cool place to hang out. (well.... it could be, but that's not my intension) J2C is not coming back to replace, or try to replace J2O. Nor do I think it could if it tried, having been down for so long.

If J2C comes back, the reason that it comes back will be for an archive of a once great site. It still has a lot of old levels, and I believe that if it's still there, the old news might be good for a bit of nostalga to look at. J2C is a good resource, for information and levels about JJ2. It is not intended to be a current news site, nor will it be again. Kinda sad really... but it has passed the torch to J2O who has taken its place, better than probably any of us could have expected so long ago.

Any other questions/comments? J2C is not intended to be a replacement for J2O at all. You shouldn't go around expecting it to be.