View Single Post
Nadine

JCF Member

Nadine has disabled reputation

Oct 5, 2002, 12:21 AM
I am also confused about this. Joy or anger? What do I think about this?

I think that this is the first time that I've seen a character's new look become worse than it originally was. I mean, when Sonic's look changed I was a little upset at first, but I quickly liked it. Besides, it was very similar. Nope, this is far too different. They changed it too much! It's too Star Wars. And Star Wars is cool and all, but let STAR WARS be Star Wars, let Jazz be Jazz, and Devan be Devan. I mean, when I saw that new look I was kind of thinking that it would be cool for Jazz to get a new look and look cooler than before, but he doesn't need it, and he certainly has to have his bandanna! I even drew a pic of Jazz once with a SLIGHTLY different blaster, and it looked cool but not too different. His design is what mostly bothers me, but I also miss the original animator for Jazz: Nick Stadler.

I also think this must be a certain agreement with Epic. They didn't want to sell the licence and this new company could only make a game if it was changed around quite a bit. So, if this game doesn't do well, it will hurt Jazz more. If people don't like it and they are introduced to Jazz with this new look, they won't give him another chance and Jazz's future will be dead, AND because of this game, no way are we getting the source code for a while.

And no Spaz? No Lori - well, I don't think I like her too much. It's not just her bad moves, her look is a bit too 'basic' for my tastes. I like Dean Dotrill's stuff, but for Jazz games I like Nick's style better. I wonder if Nick designed Lori what she would look like? Anyway, even the character sprites in the game don't look too good, not compared to in Jazz 2. They just seem to have a more basic, more blurry look to them.

And if they really wanted the whole Star Wars theme, they should have named the title to say something about that. Now n00bs will just associate Jazz Jackrabbit with THAT. Okay, how it PLAYS is what counts, but really - the look, WHY? WHY, WHY?

The future of Jazz or the death of Jazz? We'll just have to wait and see. I mean, I AM happy to actually see he's really coming to GBA, but when I imagined the possibility, I had Jazz 2/TSF in my head, with deathmatch and co-op on the GBA. Then again I guess this will be more fun for me to play, because it's all new levels and things. But you DON'T MESS WITH THE LOOK unless it's going to be even COOLER than before, which it's NOT. Sigh.

Tasty.....