View Single Post

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Mar 12, 2007, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBlazE View Post
The question is why everyone is so obsessed in the game becoming 3rd dimensional when it's obvious from our design standards that the game would absolutely look pale in comparison to everything else on the market and the only reason for the game in the first place would only be for to see the green wabbit again rather than the game itself.
By "design standards", do you mean our capability of creating awesome effects or an interesting gameplay? For the first one, I believe it doesn't really matter... Think of games like Blockland which looks rather simple but has a great concept to it and thus gathers a large amount of online players. As for the second, I believe it would actually require us to think of something different in terms of gameplay... It's rather obvious that what is very entertaining in 2D might become pale or simply boring in 3D (compared to various other games). However, using the advantages of the new environment to create a more genre-wide game (TPP shooter elements? vehicles? giant mission-based maps?). Of course, large portion of these requires a more advanced knowledge of programming and the game industry in general, but trying alternate ways to simplify the coding isn't as bad as it sounds when you just have a good idea.

So in short, you don't need to be a super-pro programmer to create a fun game as much as you just need a good idea. With the green rabbit in it or not.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)