View Single Post

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Dec 23, 2014, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Jam View Post
Overgrown
by Laro B.
I never thought i'd see an underwater level! I like the idea, and the design is preety cool. I like what you made out of the pinball stuff. The exit's in the lower dry part (center of whole level). It's really FUN to shoot underwater, although catching all gems is kinda hard for me xd. It would be nice to see how that pinball stuff would work in the water part, though.
Like Trey already said, underwater treasure levels have been a fan favourite for years by now. In a way it surprises me that only 1 entry here utilizes water. Pinball bumpers work fine underwater (with more velocity, defying reality) while paddles do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Jam View Post
Vault of ceramicus
by Slaz
Liked it.This is one vertical level with two 'buldings' in it.The tubes can get you higher AND they can get you into the other building, the design is nice, really reminded me of how the JJ1ceramicus looked like (not cause it's the CERAMICUS TILESET ). This level really has some small passages. The bottom part is fine, though. Didn't open the vault, but i see that it's worth opening. It's PREETY HARD to get to the exit of the level. Especially when you're at the bottom. Then again, hunting after the exit is the fun part of treasure mode .
It's not that hard opening the 'vault' area, especially for long time players. All you really need is TNT (quickest way to get it from the start pos is by going through the nearest horizontal tube in the middle pit), and knowing that you're able to push through the vertical tubes at the vault while flying. Concerning the exit, there are 2 very accessible shortcut warps next to the vault below. And one of the post-release updates brought 2 extra platforms surrounding the exit to make it even more accessible.