View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Jan 4, 2015, 05:11 PM
And so the winners are finally announced, after an impulsive choice (sort of) to host the treasure entries around 10pm. Well, actually I asked players on a server if they were interested. At max I got about 10 players.

The winner is...

Overgrown!

After some extensive playtesting, we found this map the most enjoyable. While it may not have revolutionary eyecandy, it's the gameplay what truly counts. There is no overcentralised hotspot and it's not too hard to steal gems and get away with it, which makes this map more fun.

And the runner up is...

Damn Exit!

This level may look visually impressive, though once all the gems are collected, 90% of the action occurs in the bottom right area. It can get really chaotic and difficult to get back your gems at that point. The right seeker corner doesn't help much when you can just sit there and spam seekers once someone arrives. While we think that the gem placement is better than the winning entry (the ridiculous secret 100 gem cluster aside, which requires mastering the stupid pixel hunt that is walljump), good ammo placement has more impact. Also, a few particular areas look tilebuggy.

Detailed reviews of all the entries (including the winning ones!) will be coming up sometime.

The winners will need to PM me with their Paypal info.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ