View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Jan 7, 2015, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
Does it count if I played with some friends of mine? My router can't port forward (or I'm stupid) so the only method was to play using Hamachi. I still find Damn Exit better. It has a small story too, it's more "pleasuring" to see, it's just better. Even if Overgrown had water, I still didn't enjoy it that much. Just my oppinion. Also, why do you need to know if I played with other players?
Because it's a multiplayer gamemode. I think that players who haven't played a MP map with others shouldn't review the level, because you can't just judge a book by its cover and blurb.

Good eyecandy and story doesn't necessarily make a good level, it's just the icing on the cake for me.

As a future tip, you don't have to host the levels. There are some hosts willing to temporarily host them, though I went and hosted myself for convenience (also that I expected the ridiculously long filename of Treasure Jail to cause problems, which it did).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSworD View Post
People have opinions, 'nuff said.
You don't say. I never said I presented mine as facts.

Okay, I get it. Questioning if players played with others in a MP level, gives the impression that that I somehow think of my thoughts as facts. No one should need to state their opinions are opinions, because it's common sense, and those who get offended by them otherwise are ridiculous people (on trivial matters).

Infact, my first impressions thought that Damn Exit would be better.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ