View Single Post

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Apr 26, 2008, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plunK View Post
That second shot is great. I'm working on a single player campaign. I wish i was as good as you.
It's always great to hear when people are working on their own single player episodes. So much of the attention these days is paid to the multiplayer scene, and I think a lot of people really forget where this game has its roots.

Of course, it's also one of the hardest types of level to make, so that probably contributes to it as well. So many people start projects but never finish them, and as a matter of fact two of my favourite jj2 episodes ever are unfinished, those being Tomb Rabbit 2 by Kejero and TDI2 by Moonblaze. Both of these packs are very good on their own, but could have been so much more. It's an unfortunate fact that it's easy to start something, but hard to finish it. the unfinished Tomb Rabbit 2 especially contains some of the best jj2 level design I've ever seen (though a bit rough in a few places).

Of course, I just say that's a reason why even more people need to make SP levels. More effort means more stuff gets released, and that's always a good thing! I think that anybody who manages to release a full episode is truly skilled, even if it only gets an average rating.