View Single Post

JCF Member

Blade has disabled reputation

Mar 17, 2007, 11:27 AM
Smile Codename: Castle of Cadavers

Hello fellow Jazzers

My debt to the government of Finland is nearly fulfilled (military service, that is) and it's time to think a little bit about the coming months.

Since the beginning of 2006 and the release of Twilight Park I've been pondering for options to make more tilesets, but I came up with nothing but ideas I'd like to make reality some day. The military service took my attention away for eight months. Still I had some time to think and make plans. This is what came out of my head and will be my 13th tileset, codename: Castle of Cadavers. To prove something is done, I present you the first Castle of Cadavers plan I drew in the garrison.

Plan 1:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Direct link

Some thoughts on the tileset.

- I must point out that this is only the name I intend to use temporarily while shaping the tileset to its final form. My military friend influenced me in this: he was a fond death metal listener Also the contents of the set may and probably will change at least in some degree. So far these listed things reflect my sketches of Castle of Cadavers.

- It is a castle of many centuries old
- The structures are covered with plants
- Has feel of dungeon and eerie ghost house in it
- No harsh material anyway, I intend to stay in the comical style
- Will have several platform types to walk on
- Props will include different kinds of castle stuff and skeletons maybe
- In the background there will be a night sky, a fortress or a cemetary
- Ground itself on layer 4 will be bricks or dirt.

- I head for the tileset release in the summer 2007.

- Most importantly, I will be creating a blog where I explain frequently and thoroughly, what is going on in the tileset creation process. I hope this will make the wait for you Jazzer guys more fun and insightful . This blog will launch in the beginning of the summer and it will feature lots of my thoughts said out loud and pictures of the nascent tileset. Expect the news in this thread.

So, dear Jazz Jackrabbit 2 players, I will try to do my best and be in the schedule I have made reality in this post. Developments will ensue

Update 16th April 2007:

Blade Blog begins!
Blade Begins

Last edited by Blade; Apr 16, 2007 at 10:46 AM.