View Single Post

JCF Member

blurredd is an asset to this forumblurredd is an asset to this forum

Jul 25, 2004, 12:15 PM
Yet Another Contest

Here's another contest for the sake of having another contest.

This contest has 4 parts in it so there's something for (almost) everybody. Anything you submit must be never seen before and it must be made in 1.23. You can submit as many levels and tilesets as you want from now until the deadline, and you can upload it to J2O if you want since it won't matter. You can work with as many people as you want, or you could just work alone and take all the credit for yourself. You can make submissions via MSN/email (blurredd(at)hotmail.com), ICQ (129948993), and IRC. I'll probably be very lenient with all of the rules in the contest, but ask first if you don't know for sure. As for the prize, don't expect too much (I'm not going to bother with money this time) but I promise it will be (a little) better than nothing. Also, I'll probably do all the judging myself unless I decide later on to get some help from those who haven't participated in the contest.

Deadline: August 18th, 11:59PM EST

Summary:
------------
1.) New Game Mode
2.) 3 Themed Tileset
3.) New Assault Level
4.) New Jailbreak Level
5.) Picture Edit

Part 1
------------
The idea behind this is to create a new game mode (such as Team Battle and Assassination) with certain events that may have been considered taboo several years ago. You must use at least two of the following: shields, hurt events, air boards, or no fize zones (as seen in chatrooms). You can arrange it so that a certain program must be running when your game mode is hosted, such as instagib or even something you've made on your own. When you use two of those events mentioned above, they must be pivotal to gameplay and should not easily be replaceable with other events. And try to be as original as possible. I know not to many people will be trying to do this part of the contest, but please try anyway. It couldn't hurt.

Part 2
------------
Make a tileset with three themes in one. For example, a happy grassy meadow in the middle of a city in ruins with molten lava beneath the surface. That's a semi-lazy example, but you could even use that one if you can't think of anything better. There's no limit in size or any other restrictions like that. See examples.

Part 3
------------
Because of the lack of these types of levels, for this part of the contest I decided to make it for Assault. You can choose between Double Assault or two One-Sided Assault levels, and you must use at least 5 crates (or 5 objectives). The level can be as ridiculously big or small as you want it to be, as long as it can still work online. Keep in mind that the easier the level is to learn, the more likely people will want to play in it, and the better chance the level will have of winning. See examples.

Part 4
------------
Just for the sake of having a fourth part, you have a chance to make a Jailbreak level for this contest. You can try anything you want, as long as it resembles a Jailbreak level and it actually works. See examples.

Part 5
------------
And when you thought 4 parts were enough, I've added a fifth part. All you have to do is edit a JJ2 screenshot in any way imaginable or edit a picture and make it JJ2-related. I probably shouldn't allow so much freedom for this part and all the other ones, but here you go.

That's all you need to know for now. Feel free to get started.

Update: I added a fifth part I just happened to remember recently.
ATB Contest. Scripting Language.
Gameplay Theories.
1UP. Pitfall. Desolation.
SC2.

Last edited by blurredd; Aug 3, 2004 at 01:46 PM.