Thread: Webcomic help
View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Oct 12, 2006, 10:03 PM
Jesus...
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b
I find it hard for "Perfectly serious" and the quote "that's where they all have huge eyes, right?" to be in unison.
I don't see your point. That was just to clarify the intention... although obviously, I failed to convey that.

Since everyone raised that point, let me clarify that at least most of you did not understand me at all.
Well, as for Strato, I have no idea what he means in the first place. "Sounds like mostly all the other comics out there"?
As for Radium, you just completely didn't get it. I'm aiming for a complete reinterpretation here, like, say, that one movie that places Macbeth in the suburbs of England and makes the characters teenagers and kids. Everybody knows at least Romeo and Juliet, so I figure it will be illustrative. I'm tired of phrases like the one about big eyes, which are not even necessarily a part of mangas, it's just a convention. That I'm trying to capture the spirit of manga doesn't mean that it'll have potty humor, transvestites or funny animal comic relief and crap. I'll try to present a story the way a modern day manga artist would present it with his means.

And Strato, I'm not aiming for a single comic. As I said, I will have several different comics. They'll just occupy the same space and can be accessed from the main page.