View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jun 23, 2005, 08:03 PM
Can I look at the strategy thread now?

The Enchantresphere shocks Unfooruman with a pulse of magic lightning (4 damage)
Unfooruman explodes, leaving a gaping hole of unmade dead sprite in the HTML table and causing the wall to the right of him to shift left one space.

Spotty defends.

Spotty HP:11/22  Charm:   Curse:
the Enchantresphere HP:3/9  Charm:   Curse:

I opened my eyes and saw Leetzan and Fooruman, seated in a wooden canoe (which, notably, was not in water). The midsection of the canoe was heavily bandaged with silver tape.
“You were clinically dead for like an hour, but Spherey repaired Fooruman’s canoe with duct tape and revived everyone,” Leetzan said.
Despite the impracticality of a limbless magic bubble using duct tape, there was a seemingly more important topic to discuss. “You named the enchantresphere? And Spherey, none the less?”
Leetzan snickered at my comment slightly. “Well, it has saved your sorry tail at least twice now. And considering the battle never technically ended, given the rabbit with the gun was still alive, it probably won’t disappear back to wherever summons come from. For a while, anyway.”
“Where is said rabbit?” I asked, taking a chance to look at my surroundings. The same stereotype dungeon scheme suggested I was still in the citadel. In this room, however, the walls were lined with various control panels that, from the layer of dust that had settled on them over time, likely served no practical purpose.
“Fooruman megawarped us out,” she explained. “Megawarp” was one of those abilities Fooruman had that never proved particularly useful. The concept behind it (being able to instantly move you and those around you to a location anywhere in the universe) was great indeed, but it required you to give the “universal X, Y, and Z coordinates” of this location. Your probability of landing on a planet, let alone the desired location, was extremely low. I chose not to question how this happened either, at least now for the time being.
But there was one pressing question I was meaning to ask. “Fooruman,” I addressed. He looked through me and cocked his head. “Why are you in a canoe?”
“Ah, you see, it all started when we got separated earlier,” he said, glaring dreamily up at the ceiling like someone overdramatizing a story about their childhood. “I found myself alone in the darkest darks of the deepest depths of the dungeoniest dungeon, with nobody on my side. And then I met this nice canoe. From what I learned, it had once been an apprentice of a great magic teacher but had been turned into a boating device by an evil dreadlord named Blackraptor.” Blackraptor had been a recurring name in people’s far-fetched stories. I continued to listen, faking interest. “And so, as months passed we developed a near-symbiotic relationship, between the canoe’s healing powers and my mad skills. We became an unstoppable pair, and fought countless enemies and allies until we both unlocked our true power. Then we went and got ice cream. Then we came as fast as we could to save you.”
“Wow. All in about 45 minutes,” I commented. The old archmage scowled at me and rowed his canoe away out the nearby doorway. Leetzan shrugged and slithered after him.

Inventory

Code:
Scotch Tape: Friend or Foe? by N. Z. Sterling CD Player and Mozart CD Katana