View Single Post
iCeD

JCF Member

iCeD is doing well so far

Jul 6, 2004, 10:01 PM
Alright, here's the fun part: Where we actually start listing off addresses of the places we're (at the moment) planning to go to. I suggest Trafton add this to his post when he can, it's pretty vital.

The San Jose Executive Inn (where we're planning on staying and such)
3930 Monterey Highway
San Jose, CA 95111
mapquest link

The Exploratorium (most likely one of the first places we visit in SF)
at the Palace of Fine Arts
3601 Lyon Street
San Francisco, CA 94123
mapquest link website's directions

Japanese Tea Gardens
Tea Garden Drive
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, CA
mapquest link

Great America
[4100-4104] Great America Pkwy
Santa Clara, CA 95054
mapquest link

I doubt we will even need most of these, sans the hotel address. (we will probably have the directions ready on-hand) But I'll just put them here for reference.

While we don't have a finalized format for the trip, I suggest this:

August 16: Early birds, people flying in, etc. show up in the afternoon, make the hotel reservations, etc.
August 17: Day 1. Commute to San Francisco before noon, and just spend the day walking around, seeing various things, eating, etc. We would return to our hotel shortly after 5-6 PM.
August 18: Undecided day. We might see a movie or browse Silicon Valley. (or both, who knows) Same times for departing/returning to the hotel, I assume.
August 19: Great America day. We spend the morning (earlier this time, I'm thinking around 10 AM) and possibly the afternoon just hanging around the park, depending on how we feel. We'll return and possibly have a big dinner, that's up to discussion.
August 20: We eat breakfast, say our goodbyes and head back on the road. (or to other parts of the area, for those of you who have more to do)

I dunno. What do you guys think?