Thread: The Poll
View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

May 22, 2004, 11:32 AM
Haha, thanks. I didn't really expect to win - for that matter, I was playing off of the fact FS' only requirement was "non-TSF", and didn't really expect that he'd accept a non-JJ2 level. (Could I have submitted a UT2K3 map, if I had the game? One wonders.)
I agree that it was a bit too difficult, though I was working by a few comments by people who said they liked Orbitus 2 because it was the hardest part of JJ1. If I fixed all the tile bugs and actually did some difficulty settings work, like putting some obstacles only in harder difficulties and maybe adding an hourglass or two, would it be good enough to upload to J2O?
There was a topic a while back saying that people weren't making JJ1 levels because nobody else had made a JJ1 level first, so there were no standards. It went something like "If a newbie makes the first JJ1 level, everyone will follow suit, but if Violet does, nobody will ever make one again". I hope that's not true. J1CS is a very interesting tool once you get used to it, and the only way to get features such as tileset or .beh file editing will probably be showing interest in the program. And there's oodles of stuff I didn't use in that level - water and elevators and Dragoon style enemies and morphing... yeah. J1CS isn't as hard as it may seem at first glance. Give it a try.

On the subject of the contest... congratulations to Blur. I still don't particularly enjoy E-Prime, but I suppose I could get used to it if I played it enough.