View Single Post

Banned

Odin is doing well so far

Mar 17, 2008, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
So Epic has just released all their Unreal titles on Steam. Anybody wants to wager on whether or not they'll bring Jazz to Valve's distribution platform as well?

To me it's a realistic option, though for technical reasons I can't see anything other than Jazz Jackrabbit 2 being considered. And even if it were re-released I honestly don't see a revival coming. The title itself I guess would sell moderately well, given the similar nostalgic value of many Steam-titles. But I don't see any revived interest in the Jazz Jackrabbit IP coming any time soon.

What's your opinion on this? Would releasing any Jazz-games on Steam benefit the community?

Oh, and hi all.
You can buy the "iD Super Pack" from Steam, which includes every iD DOS game, emulated via DOSBox. If Jazz Jackrabbit were to be released via Steam, they'd probably do the same.

Anyway I highly doubt Epic Games would release anything Jazz Jackrabbit to Steam since Mark Rein only cares about Unreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpp View Post
I'm going to back away from a topic I started while still asserting that my point is correct.
Okay.

Last edited by Odin; Mar 17, 2008 at 04:17 PM. Reason: clarification