View Single Post

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Jun 27, 2009, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit View Post
Plus an access violation for some unknown reason.
Could you tell me which level it occurred in, and perhaps which spot? It was probably just a random fluke, since JJ2 does like to crash sometimes for no apparent reason, but it's possible that I make a mistake with one of the levels. If you can't remember it's ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimiClown View Post
Oh by the way, a small 'bug' I found... I had a Sugar Rush going and I fell into a pit... I think those are your everyday CTF-deathpits, but as long as the Sugar Rush was on, I just bumped up and down a lot, making squishy noises... Not much of a bug since you'll die after 20 seconds, but just saying.
As cooba said it's because the death pits use "bees" events, which are required to cause a life to be lost. Hurt events don't work in death pits. And if I used something else like spikeballs, you wouldn't get stuck, but you'd die without losing a life. So, my rather cheap solution is to just force the player to wait it out. The best thing would be to use JJ2+ death pits, but I want all of the episodes to be compatible with every version of JJ2, and more importantly, with each other.