View Single Post

JCF Member

Xobim is doing well so far

Jul 2, 2009, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMike View Post
I agree, deserto orbital base is the best level I ever made. And the reason is simple: the tileset allows for massive versatility and originality in the level design.

That access violation in the boss level is annoying but unintentional. It's also the reason why I made the warning a bit more prominent in the ep5 download... there is no way to fix it unless JJ2 itself is fixed.

Overall there are 8 points in the episode where you can save safely guaranteed (cutscenes or transition levels).

As for the difficulty level, it's definitely not for everyone. If it's so much that you hated it, well I'm sorry to hear that. However, playing on easy mode probably won't make you like it more. In fact, you should just not play it at all. Play something you enjoy instead: there's no reason to put yourself through a several-hours long episode if you know you don't like it.

I thought the last episode should the most challenging and varied one, though. And easy mode does help a bit (but the death pits will still get you). If you're dying due to falling, easy isn't going to change a lot. What easy mode adds is carrots (about double the amount). Funny thing is quite a few people criticized ep4 for being too easy. You can't please everyone, I guess. It's a good idea to play the other episodes and get used to those.
Top3 is indeed an extremely useful tileset, but the ambience in the level is what attracted me the most. However, everyone who tries to make a spacebase with that tileset from now on will get that "you're cloning evilmike"-look, unless they make something just as impressive. (Well, that's my idea, actually. The real world will probably react differently.)

Without the amnesia errors, the game would be indeed a lot easier. Surprisingly, I was able to save at the beginning of the fortress of storms, but after the first two rooftop jumps the game would crash if I saved and loaded there.

Well, maybe hating was a bit of a strong term. After a while I just got annoyed with all the traps and used cheats to get past them. I was still eager to know what kind of horrors my little rabbit awaited in the next level. And I wanted to know how the story continued, so I played on. You've always got some nice ideas in each level, and I don't want to skip that as well.

I'm open to giving it another chance. Now that I know what I can expect, I might have a bigger chance of surviving out there.