View Single Post

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Dec 9, 2009, 02:30 PM
JCS Awards 2009 [Post your nominations]

Overview
It's that time of year again. This time, I'll be handling things, since R3ptile is in the military at the moment and can't do it this year.

This year is going to be a bit different from the last ones. Instead of going straight to the voting thread, and then announcing the results, I'm going to be running this in three stages. The first (this one) is where you post nominations. The second stage, which will happen later on, will be a regular voting thread, with the nominations being selected from whatever is posted in this thread. The third thread will be the results, posted sometime in January. I think this structure allows for people to have a bit more say in matters, which is a good thing considering this is all up to a popular vote.

I'll be posting my own nominations later in the thread, probably towards the end.

The Rules
This is not the voting thread! You may nominate as many things as you want, including your own stuff. In fact, I encourage you to list as many things as you can. I will be quite liberal in choosing nominations from this thread to appear in voting thread: basically, if something is mentioned only once here, and it is fairly good, it will probably be in the voting thread!

There is only one rule: it has to be something from 2009. For our purposes, this will mean anything that was uploaded to J2O in 2009 (as long as it wasn't nominated in previous years). So yes, this can include older things if they were uploaded late, but it can't include reuploads, and it shouldn't include remakes/rereleases unless they are very notable ones. Also, notable levels that were not uploaded to J2O this year can be included, as long as they were made this year.

I also have a recommendation, though this isn't a rule. It would help me if you post a download link to whatever you are nominating. It will save time when it comes to making the voting thread.

This thread will (probably) run for about two weeks, and a J2O newspost will be made when voting begins. Also, even if something isn't nominated here, you can still vote for it in the voting thread. But it won't be listed in the first post, so it won't have as good of a chance.

If, for some reason, you want your nominations to be a secret, you can private message me with them.

The Awards
When you post your nominations, you can either fit them under these categories, or just post an uncategorized list. In the latter case, I'll just categorize them for you when the time comes.

The awards have varied from year to year, but for this year I'm sticking with the categories used in 2008. They pretty much cover every area of JCS, without too much overlap.

Note that the "best level" categories can include standalone releases, but can also include levels released as a part of a pack.

Best Level of 2009: Battle

Best Level of 2009: CTF

Best Level of 2009: Other Multiplayer (e.g. custom gamemodes, treasure, race)

Best Level Pack of 2009: Multiplayer

Best Single Player Release of 2009

Best Tileset of 2009 (includes conversions)

Best JCS'er of 2009 (anyone who makes levels or tilesets and has released something in 2009 is eligible)

Most Improved JCS'er of 2009 (same rules as above apply; try to include someone who really has improved)

(If you want to add a new category, this is the thread for suggesting it.)

The Previous Threads
2004, 2005 (voting thread; can't find winners), 2006, 2007, 2008.

Last edited by EvilMike; Dec 19, 2009 at 05:04 PM.