View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Feb 11, 2015, 02:16 PM
Welp, I guess that makes RF climbing nothing more than tactic. No wait, it's a skill that adds something to the game.

On a more serious note, I'll explain what else I don't really like about mouse aim;

I've never particularly been a big fan of being able to destroy enemies safely constantly within safe places. When you can aim in more directions, this scenario opens up a lot more, and I don't find it much fun. The fun of going against enemies, is taking risks.

Mouse aiming looks odd with the sprites not made with it in mind. Yeah, it's merely visual so it's a minor reason.

I'm one for rewarding players who suprise others, not ones that simply know how to aim. No need to worry about someone chasing you with rf, just rain some toast, fireball or bouncer behind you with lack of penalty. No need to worry about others dodging you vertically, just shoot some bouncer upwards. At that point it becomes less about map control/prediction, and whoever can aim the best. I love bouncers but they're just plain OP with mouse aim.

That's not to say it's always bad, but I don't think it's always better. It's not suit for all levels (or weapons per say). Long ago I configured my controls, but deep down it felt right to go back to the normal shooting settings after using mouse aim for a while.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

Last edited by Treylina; Feb 11, 2015 at 02:32 PM.