Aug 27, 2002, 12:17 PM
Re:CTF contest results

Quote:
Originally posted by stripe

::Martian Megatropolis:: by URJazz

marmeg.j2l
Space.j2t
mofc.s3m

URJazz did an excellent job on this level. I fear I'm somewhat biased because it's the only level I tested on that I beat Dizzy, but I think that regardless it is the most enjoyable submission. The structure is easy to get around, the layout is great and nicely balanced, the eye candy is quite detailed, and playing it is just a lot of fun. The ammo is all on the ground, which would seem to do away with it getting knocked down (although the new patch makes this less of an issue). I did run into a problem with the spring to the left of the blue base, getting stuck or nearly stuck once. However when I tried to get stuck intentionally it seemed ok; by the looks of things URJazz probably did the best the level permitted.
Suggestions would be to get the relative scrolling background right, and to change "Megatropolis" to "Megapolis" which I think is what URJazz was looking for. While the eye candy is quite detailed, I would say both CelL and BlurredD did a better job stylistically. In the end though, if someone was getting sent to a desert island with nothing but one of these 12 ctf levels, I think giving them this one would be the greatest kindness. Congrats!

-URJazz, send my your address so I can mail you the $$

-i'm too lazy... look above [/B]

WELL DONE UR JAZZ