Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Jazz Jackrabbit coming to GBA????

papercut

JCF Member

papercut is doing well so far

Oct 4, 2002, 07:08 PM
Jazz Jackrabbit coming to GBA????

check out http://pocket.ign.com/
Derby

JCF Member

Derby is doing well so far

Oct 4, 2002, 07:12 PM
A better reference would be, http://pocket.ign.com/articles/373/373329p1.html, as news will bump the article off of the page as usual.

On the other hand, this one seems to go off on a tangent in terms of the style it is being designed in. Being ungrateful isn't appropriate, either.
Dreama

JCF Member

Dreama is doing well so far

Oct 4, 2002, 08:02 PM
*Happy!*

I just need to get a GBA! :D

I think it looks nice from the screenshots..:)

Untitled

Link is doing well so far

Oct 4, 2002, 08:34 PM

I know I should be happy about it...but something seems bad about it.

It will mean that this nice little community we have will get huge, and we won't be ready for it. Or we'll just be forgotten about...
There still remains that strange precipitate
Which has the quality to resist
Our oldest and most trusted catalyst.
It is a substance we cannot cremate
By temperatures known to our Laboratory.

~ E.J. Pratt

defalcon

JCF Member

defalcon has disabled reputation

Oct 4, 2002, 08:50 PM
WHAAAA!
They're turning it into Star Wars or something! He's got a Han-Solo blaster and outfit and look. There's some concept art of a Darth-Vader Turtle! What have they DONE?!

On the upside I can see the 'Heck' levels but nevermind that...they killed the PC platform hero.

Okay, I'm over-reactiving but...goddarnit that's just wrong! And I don't own a GBA!
Trafton AT

JCF Member

Trafton AT is doing well so far

Oct 4, 2002, 09:02 PM
I dobut a flood of new players will be the problem. We may get some, but I dobut tons.

Anyway, the problem I think we are facing is source code. We won't get it for longer, since the liscence isn't dead.

But, anyway, I think this is great news.

Long live Jazz.
Dark MooGoo

JCF Member

Dark MooGoo has disabled reputation

Oct 4, 2002, 09:09 PM
Don't worry, Jazz Jackrabbit for the GBA isn't going to matter much, it'll get overlooked, cause Unreal 2 for the GBA will be coming out in a month or two later.

If you're a Thanksgiving dinner, but you don't like the stuffing or the cranberry sauce or anything else, just pretend like you're eating it, but instead, put it all in your lap and form it into a big mushy ball. Then, later, when you're out back having cigars with the boys, let out a big fake cough and throw the ball to the ground. Then say, "Boy, these are good cigars!"
Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Batty Buddy is doing well so far

Oct 4, 2002, 09:59 PM
Unhappy WHERES JAZZ'S BANDANA?!?!?

Que Passa!!!!

What the heck happened to Jazz's bandana?... NO SPAZ??-BLASPHAMY!!!!...

Ah well, it's still Jazz, and if it actually gets made- I'll buy it! I bought Aero, I'm buying Link, I can scrounge up a few buck for Jazz...

... I'll miss that bandana, though. Poor Jazz's fuzzy little head looks SOOO naked without it... /\/\ (I kind of have a thing for cartoon characters in bandanas.)

"I must be the personification of the rage to live,
hit me, dunk me, insult me, I'll still hang in there...

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
Even though I had to cheat... Thank you, The Cheat.
(RIP William Hanna)
"I claim Page 4 in the name of my sexy female self."
-Radium.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Oct 4, 2002, 10:06 PM
..no, like Link, I can't say I'm incredibly happy about this. Not that's it's really relevant. Some game on a gameboy featuring a green rabbit with a gun, who slightly resembles Jazz, probably without Spaz or Lori..

who cares?

JCF Member

Oct 4, 2002, 10:15 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Quote:
. Some game on a gameboy featuring a green rabbit with a gun, who slightly resembles Jazz, probably without Spaz or Lori..
Hey, it doesn't end there, Unknown ol' pal, did you take a gander at Devan Shell in his new Starwars Rip-off outfit?

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
(RIP William Hanna)
-Radium.
defalcon

JCF Member

Oct 4, 2002, 10:31 PM
I sortof have to agree with Unknown Rabbit. There's little left of the original Jazz left in there - he might as well be Jazz's second cousin, cause that ain't Jazz - no trademark bandana, wristbands, blue blaster or backback. He looks like he's 4. Seriously, you DON'T MESS WITH THE BLASTER AND BANDANA. There's a reason Noogy used them as part of the JJ3 logo - they're his trademarks. Now it's all a Star-Wars ripoff, with Jazz Solo and Dark Shell ( ) I mean come on. I'm sure it's a good game but if they wanted to change things that much they shoulda just called it 'Green Rabbit Adventures' or something. The only thing from the levels that looks similar is the firey hell one, and the Carrotus Castle. I mean, I bet they took out Diamondus.

JCF Veteran

FreeLance is doing well so far

Oct 4, 2002, 11:43 PM
Oh my gosh. What the heck. His bandana is gone. However, I'm excited about this game. Bandana or not, it IS Jazz Jackrabbit.
You guys remind me of that scene from Celtic Pride where they meet Larry Bird, and he's irked with them.

Change or no change, he looks as much like Jazz as noogy's version did. Okay, maybe that's stretching it. But still.

And at least they fashioned him after Han Solo, my role model for my persona in my early years of Jazz Jackrabbit (nocrap), and my all-time favourite movie character (save only Indiana Jones).

The change of name to Dark Shell has (made me mad) though. I mean what's that all about? Devan Shell was Devan Shell. Gosh.

But still, let's be TRUE fans and except our Hero.

Derby: Context fix.

Last edited by Derby; Oct 5, 2002 at 07:29 AM.

JCF Veteran

Oct 4, 2002, 11:52 PM
A shot in the dark.

Okay. Here's an idea. Imagine that this is a PREQUEL. That's right, a prequel of sorts. Where Jazz is not yet his rogue, roughian self, but instead a young, dashing Hero. Seriously, it makes sense. Not that they intended such, but you know.

Does anyone know if Arjan was connected to the game at all? Or any of the original team? (original meaning JJ or JJ2, or even JJ3)

Also, does anyone notice how closely the title screen resembles Noogy's art? His face and such, it has that kind of childish look noogy's art has. In fact, he actually looks a lot more like Lori's brother than she did his sister, if that makes sense.

JCF Veteran

Oct 4, 2002, 11:54 PM
And look at the carrot. It's short and stubby, like the JJ3 carrot.

(no, I'm not trying to say Noogy worked on it secretly or anything, nor do I suspect that, I'm just saying)

I think that once it comes out we'll be able to judge just how Jazz it is. Let's not prejudge according to screens
Nadine

JCF Member

Nadine has disabled reputation

Oct 5, 2002, 12:21 AM
I am also confused about this. Joy or anger? What do I think about this?

I think that this is the first time that I've seen a character's new look become worse than it originally was. I mean, when Sonic's look changed I was a little upset at first, but I quickly liked it. Besides, it was very similar. Nope, this is far too different. They changed it too much! It's too Star Wars. And Star Wars is cool and all, but let STAR WARS be Star Wars, let Jazz be Jazz, and Devan be Devan. I mean, when I saw that new look I was kind of thinking that it would be cool for Jazz to get a new look and look cooler than before, but he doesn't need it, and he certainly has to have his bandanna! I even drew a pic of Jazz once with a SLIGHTLY different blaster, and it looked cool but not too different. His design is what mostly bothers me, but I also miss the original animator for Jazz: Nick Stadler.

I also think this must be a certain agreement with Epic. They didn't want to sell the licence and this new company could only make a game if it was changed around quite a bit. So, if this game doesn't do well, it will hurt Jazz more. If people don't like it and they are introduced to Jazz with this new look, they won't give him another chance and Jazz's future will be dead, AND because of this game, no way are we getting the source code for a while.

And no Spaz? No Lori - well, I don't think I like her too much. It's not just her bad moves, her look is a bit too 'basic' for my tastes. I like Dean Dotrill's stuff, but for Jazz games I like Nick's style better. I wonder if Nick designed Lori what she would look like? Anyway, even the character sprites in the game don't look too good, not compared to in Jazz 2. They just seem to have a more basic, more blurry look to them.

And if they really wanted the whole Star Wars theme, they should have named the title to say something about that. Now n00bs will just associate Jazz Jackrabbit with THAT. Okay, how it PLAYS is what counts, but really - the look, WHY? WHY, WHY?

The future of Jazz or the death of Jazz? We'll just have to wait and see. I mean, I AM happy to actually see he's really coming to GBA, but when I imagined the possibility, I had Jazz 2/TSF in my head, with deathmatch and co-op on the GBA. Then again I guess this will be more fun for me to play, because it's all new levels and things. But you DON'T MESS WITH THE LOOK unless it's going to be even COOLER than before, which it's NOT. Sigh.

Tasty.....
defalcon

JCF Member

Oct 5, 2002, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FreeLance
Oh my gosh. What the heck. His bandana is gone. However, I'm excited about this game. Bandana or not, it IS Jazz Jackrabbit.
Darn Straight.
Quote:
Change or no change, he looks as much like Jazz as noogy's version did. Okay, maybe that's stretching it. But still.
Yes, that is stretching it. To breaking point. ;P
Quote:
And at least they fashioned him after Han Solo, my role model for my persona in my early years of Jazz Jackrabbit (nocrap), and my all-time favourite movie character (save only Indiana Jones).
Is this Jazz Jackrabbit or Star Wars: Episode III? Honestly, the line is starting to blur. He's JAZZ JACKRABBIT! Not Han Jackrabbbit. Not Jazz Solo. Jazz 'bloomin Jackrabbit!
Quote:
The change of name to Dark Shell has (made me mad) though. I mean what's that all about? Devan Shell was Devan Shell. Gosh.
Exactamundo. He's Devan Shell. It's a name that strikes terror into the heart of bunnies everywhere. 'Dark Shell' sounds like a cheap Star Wars ripoff...oh wait, it is. ;P
Quote:
But still, let's be TRUE fans and except our Hero.
I'd have accepted it no problem had they not messed with it so much.
Quote:
Okay. Here's an idea. Imagine that this is a PREQUEL. That's right, a prequel of sorts. Where Jazz is not yet his rogue, roughian self, but instead a young, dashing Hero. Seriously, it makes sense. Not that they intended such, but you know.
No, it doesn't make sense. Did Deva - ahem, 'Dark' Shell fell obliged to change his name after a loss to Han - erm, Jazz? Or was he sued by LucasFilm? And I really can't imagine Han - whoops there I go again, JAZZ as a young, dashing hero.
Quote:
Does anyone know if Arjan was connected to the game at all? Or any of the original team? (original meaning JJ or JJ2, or even JJ3)
As far as I know, the companies that made this have no connections to Orange Games, Noogy, or World Tree Games. They probably don't even know diddly squat about JJ3, or TSF for that matter.
Quote:
Also, does anyone notice how closely the title screen resembles Noogy's art? His face and such, it has that kind of childish look noogy's art has. In fact, he actually looks a lot more like Lori's brother than she did his sister, if that makes sense.
It looks extremely childish...as if it were geared at 8-year olds. But no, Noogy's version of Jazz I like. This one...leaning in the opposite direction. Nobody messes with the bandana and blaster.
Quote:
And look at the carrot. It's short and stubby, like the JJ3 carrot.
Hm...the carrot is sorta twisted.
Quote:
I think that once it comes out we'll be able to judge just how Jazz it is. Let's not prejudge according to screens
Traitor.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nadine
I think that this is the first time that I've seen a character's new look become worse than it originally was. I mean, when Sonic's look changed I was a little upset at first, but I quickly liked it. Besides, it was very similar. Nope, this is far too different. They changed it too much! It's too Star Wars. And Star Wars is cool and all, but let STAR WARS be Star Wars, let Jazz be Jazz, and Devan be Devan.
YES. I agree wholeheartedly. It's Jazz. He's the personification of PC platform games. Don't make him Han Solo. And don't mess up Devan's 'evil genious' rep either.
Quote:
I mean, when I saw that new look I was kind of thinking that it would be cool for Jazz to get a new look and look cooler than before, but he doesn't need it, and he certainly has to have his bandanna!
Amen.
Quote:
I also think this must be a certain agreement with Epic. They didn't want to sell the licence and this new company could only make a game if it was changed around quite a bit. So, if this game doesn't do well, it will hurt Jazz more. If people don't like it and they are introduced to Jazz with this new look, they won't give him another chance and Jazz's future will be dead, AND because of this game, no way are we getting the source code for a while.
Exactly. EXACTLY. When I look at it I think 'Star Wars ripoff'. Heck, replace the Jazz Sprite with a Han Solo sprite (not that theres much of a difference as it stands) and you could slap on a Star Wars label and sell it. It could be good for Jazz, but I doubt it.
Quote:
And no Spaz? No Lori - well, I don't think I like her too much. It's not just her bad moves, her look is a bit too 'basic' for my tastes. I like Dean Dotrill's stuff, but for Jazz games I like Nick's style better.
No Spaz! Blasphemy! Heresy! Burn the unbelievers!
Seriously though, they probably couldn't make Spaz look 'Star Wars' enough. And I doubt they've even heard of Lori. Even if they wanted to use Lori they'd need Dean Dodril's permission, and they'd probably turn her ears into little buns on the side of the head and dress her up in a white outfit just like..you get the idea.
Quote:
Anyway, even the character sprites in the game don't look too good, not compared to in Jazz 2. They just seem to have a more basic, more blurry look to them.
Well it IS only a GBA. I like the look of the GRAPHICS, but the stuff they've done to the characters...
Quote:
And if they really wanted the whole Star Wars theme, they should have named the title to say something about that. Now n00bs will just associate Jazz Jackrabbit with THAT. Okay, how it PLAYS is what counts, but really - the look, WHY? WHY, WHY?
Precisely. IF they wanted a Star Wars game, they should have made a Star Wars game instead of remaking Jazz as Han Solo. And it could give the JJ series a bad rep, depending on how it's accepted by people.
And yes I agree: The look, WHY? WHY, WHY?
Quote:
The future of Jazz or the death of Jazz? We'll just have to wait and see.
If it does well then yay, but it also means we have to wait longer for the source. And that the average person will think of Jazz and say 'oh yeah, that Star Wars rabbit'.
Quote:
I mean, I AM happy to actually see he's really coming to GBA, but when I imagined the possibility, I had Jazz 2/TSF in my head, with deathmatch and co-op on the GBA. Then again I guess this will be more fun for me to play, because it's all new levels and things.
Yeah, I was hoping for a hybrid of all the JJ games as well.
Quote:
But you DON'T MESS WITH THE LOOK unless it's going to be even COOLER than before, which it's NOT. Sigh.
You really couldn't make Jazz look cooler. Nick Stadler's Jazz was funky, and Noogy's Jazz was cool. You don't mess with perfection.

WOOHOO! Long post and picky analysis!

Derby: Previous quotation edit.

Last edited by Derby; Oct 5, 2002 at 07:31 AM.

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Oct 5, 2002, 01:01 AM
(-), he's ugly

Derby: Content edit.

Derb to be honest let this one go.. I'm really (mad).. If you steal content then steal atleast the animation.. FFS

Derby: Exactly what do I let go? What can possibly fit in those three asterisks that can otherwise be harmful or meaningful? Did you leave one out? It is confusing.

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends

Last edited by Derby; Oct 5, 2002 at 05:29 PM.

JCF Member

MoonBlazE is an asset to this forum

Oct 5, 2002, 02:09 AM
Anyone know how to make roms?
We could maybe even mimisize the orginal jazz animations from jj1 and make it up in the rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disguise View Post
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!
Aiko

JCF Member

Aiko is doing well so far

Oct 5, 2002, 02:14 AM
Woah, finally some *real news* after a while. I'm impressed.
Not that i like those screenshots very much. Not that i like consoles at all.
Still, interesting they think they can make money with our good ole' Jazz.
$tilettø

JCF member

$tilettø has disabled reputation

Oct 5, 2002, 02:14 AM
It Sucks,

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Oct 5, 2002, 03:35 AM
What is this supposed to be?
Even I could have made a better game if I had any program experience!
The new look of Jazz is nothing but cheap!
He is only some green bunny in stupid"trying-to-look-cool"clothes!
And after all,what made Jazz 2 so enduring(give me a better word!^.^;,is that you can do everything by yourself!
Tilesets,Levels,Music...
It's impossible on a GBA.
So,I agree with everybody who said bad things about that game.
Amen!

Derby: Content edit. Do not use recently unfiltered words in bad context. It is especially a reason to go back to the filtering if you keep abusing priveliges like this.

Last edited by Derby; Oct 5, 2002 at 07:33 AM.

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Oct 5, 2002, 03:53 AM
I think the rights should have went to LostBoys. They have a division which is able to build perfect GBA games.
~SPLASH~

JCF Member

~SPLASH~ is doing well so far

Oct 5, 2002, 04:21 AM
The graphics look nice ( Castle and Dang tilesets are re-used, yay!), the enemies look cool, but Jazz just SUX! Without his bandana and blaster he looks way too different...man, they could have changed anything, as long as they kept the bandana and blaster, AND JUST WHAT DO THEY CHANGE?! Fricking morons over there, I tell ya. Too bad there isn't a site where we can go and tell the creators what we think about it...how about a petition? We want the old Jazz back..or maybe an option to change between looks...but not this!

I will definetly buy it, but I really dislike the design.
Electric Ir

JCF Member

Electric Ir is doing well so far

Oct 5, 2002, 04:33 AM
Hm. Same tilesets, ugly rabbit -> bad jazz, interesting enemies and average graphics. Doesn't seem to be a very interesting GBA game to me. I wouldn't buy this.

But hey.... I don't have a GBA

JCF Member

Skulg is doing well so far

Oct 5, 2002, 05:02 AM
The effects look quite good, but Jazz looks AWFUL. I miss Nick's art SO BAD!!!11 *runs away crying*
defalcon

JCF Member

Oct 5, 2002, 05:03 AM
Similar tilesets, Electric.
Jazz looks terrible...I want Nick's Jazz, or Noogy's...*grabs blaster and shoots hole in picture of new Jazz*

Skulggy! ICQ.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Oct 5, 2002, 05:12 AM
Let's write them e-mails about how WE think about Jazz "new style"

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Oct 5, 2002, 05:18 AM
Don't expect those Jazz2 tilesets in the game. They are probably just to show of what the game can do at the moment.

JCF Member

Oct 5, 2002, 08:45 AM
The new Jazz sprite minds me of the old beta jazz from the beta-jazz1.

Just for make it clean.
Stop about how ugly and stupid Jazz is in the new version, we should be happy for just something happended and Jazz didn't got lost in the darkness.

Quote:
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!
Super Saiyan

JCF Member

Super Saiyan is doing well so far

Oct 5, 2002, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonblaze

Just for make it clean.
Stop about how ugly and stupid Jazz is in the new version, we should be happy for just something happended and Jazz didn't got lost in the darkness.

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I AGREE WITH YOU, MB!!

Guys, come on be happy. Atleast somebody has remembered Jazz2, myself, I thought it was like really nobody knew about it except the community here. Now I hear a GBA game is (going to be?) released, Im happy! Going to buy it soon...

JCF Member

Oct 5, 2002, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Saiyan
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I AGREE WITH YOU, MB!!

Guys, come on be happy. Atleast somebody has remembered Jazz2, myself, I thought it was like really nobody knew about it except the community here. Now I hear a GBA game is (going to be?) released, Im happy! Going to buy it soon...
Just because there is going to be a new game doesn't mean it is going to be good. Maybe the game will be crap, which will only DEcrease our chance of a good Jazz future. Alot of people will not recognize this as 'Jazz', and alot of Jazz fans will not buy this because it doesn't look like Jazz.
Super Saiyan

JCF Member

Super Saiyan is doing well so far

Oct 5, 2002, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ~SPLASH~
Just because there is going to be a new game doesn't mean it is going to be good. Maybe the game will be crap, which will only DEcrease our chance of a good Jazz future. Alot of people will not recognize this as 'Jazz', and alot of Jazz fans will not buy this because it doesn't look like Jazz.

Meaning that wasnt my point of my post, besides im not talking about other people, I clearly say I'll be happy...

JCF Member

Oct 5, 2002, 09:23 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Quote:
Well, I'm kind of BOTH sides. I HATE Jazz's new look, and the lack of Spaz(Lori I couldn't care less about.), but at the same time, I like the idea of Jazz making a comeback in ANY form.

Still, there is the facter of all those newbies showing up here and demanding to know who "That green rabbit with the stupid red bandana, who looks kind of like Jazz, in the top left corner of the screen" is...

Oh MAN, that by itself would be a nightmare...

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
(RIP William Hanna)
-Radium.
JelZe GoldRabbit

JCF Member

JelZe GoldRabbit is doing well so far

Oct 5, 2002, 09:29 AM
Lightbulb Time heals all wounds

This really reminds me of the threads about the new Pyros model of OMF:BG on www.omf.com People hated it the first time they saw it (probably the shock of not getting what they expected :P), but as time flew they grown used to his new looks, and now the say it rocks!

My point is, give them some time to get used to Jazz' new looks. Who knows, maybe the GBA game will be great Remember, looks isn't everything Just wait for the reviews to come in...

And I'm doubting the fact the "newbies" will come looking here for Jazz Jackrabbit info. We can always tell them it's the "old" Jazz...

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Oct 5, 2002, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Batty Buddy
Still, there is the facter of all those newbies showing up here and demanding to know who "That green rabbit with the stupid red bandana, who looks kind of like Jazz, in the top left corner of the screen" is...
Whoa,Batty,you really know how to tell a story really scary!O.O
*shudders*

JCF Member

Flint LP is doing well so far

Oct 5, 2002, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonblaze

Just for make it clean.
I agree. This is better than nothing. Maybe all those n00b's y'all keep talking about would help get jj3 a reality maybe. Also for those of you who said this could ruin Jazz's future, I ask you, WHAT FUTURE? This could be the only shot we've got at a future for this game. Like I said earlier, if this game interests enough people, It might also interest EPIC Megagames.

I have to agree though, that this a star wars ripoff. The blaster is horrible, and its hard to see him as Jazz without his bandana. But if this game is succesful, and another jazz is made, then hopefully it will be much more like the original jazz games. Also for those people who said we should e-mail them on this issue, that is a great idea.

this seemed fitting, once again:
I AM GHENGIS KHAN!

Jazz2online owns the world!

JCF Member

Oct 5, 2002, 10:36 AM
What I understood, epic lost money on jj2.
What the prize on jazz jackrabbit is, it's fantastic that he came out on another game, evrybody knows that the jj3 project was dislined.
As Flint said, if this game does it, for players in less age 8-10, Jazz may come more populair, and there may come more jazz games.
If jazz goes really populair, maybe even jj3 can be relived, due orange will wake up.

May I also point on it's posible for the 'new noobs' download shareware and a full version of jj1 at carrotus keep.

Quote:
*sings*
Iam Canadian

JCF Member

Iam Canadian is doing well so far

Oct 5, 2002, 10:43 AM
I have mixed feelings about this...
Being able to play Jazz on a console would RULE, but...
I think most of my thoughts on Jazz's new look have been said but Devan...er....DARK's new look really ticks me off. Here is a quote from the JJ1 manual.

Quote:
The NERDY YET POWERFUL king of tortises...
or something like that. The point is, Devan doesn't look nerdy in this, which was his WHOLE gimmick! I always thought Devan was kind of a combination of King Koopa (turtle) and Dr. Eggman (evil genius). But ALL that has been thrown out the window. Stick with the ORIGINAL characters I say. But, it is nice to see a LITTLE bit of Jazz2 shining faintly, with the Dam Nation tileset replicated nicely. But still...

JCF Member

Oct 5, 2002, 12:22 PM
I kinda like Devan dressed up as Vader..and the 'Do Not Press' button on his suit..Devan IS an evil nerd genius, and with this nerdy Star Wars outfit, he looks...well..very nerdy. I just hate it that they are (probably) going to create a whole Star Wars rip-off out of it, though. If they had just sticked with ONE Star Wars resemblance it would have been fine.

JCF Member

Haze is doing well so far

Oct 5, 2002, 01:01 PM
http://www.gametitan.com/
Also check out the animated sprite.

I don't know about the storyline. I do think they shouldn't have tampered with Jazz that much. However this "Jazz" is cool in his own way... well, at least he'll be when I'm through with him. > (grabs his sketchbook)
I do hope this is a prequel, that'd explain the abscence of the other characters. Or maybe Jazz has finally become a "responsable" parent and joined the intergalactic rebels. :P

Oh, and two words:
"told ya" :P

Last edited by Haze; Oct 5, 2002 at 01:30 PM.

Tags
fix0rs teh jazz jackrabbit, legend