Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » The Art & Fiction Forum

Manga Studio 5

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Oct 18, 2014, 01:59 AM
Manga Studio 5

This is pretty good stuff. I've been digging into Manga Studio 5 lately.

Yes, that's the Windows 10 preview. :P

The painting tools are pretty nice. I'm just starting to grasp how to use them. Things are a bit different from how I'm used to working.

It doesn't have a lot of features you will find in a full featured photo editor, but it does have some unique features geared towards drawing/cartooning.

There's a feature that prevents a brush stroke from going outside the lines on a different layer. Also a toggle that matches a layer's transparency to the layer below it (so you can quickly add shading/texture over a character or object without painting over anything else). I had to do a little bit of dancing between tools and layers to do that in GIMP.

Space!

I can't really compare it to Photoshop, because I've never had the money to afford it. I've read a few comments of people who say this performs better as a drawing program, though.

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92

Last edited by Hare; Nov 9, 2014 at 02:40 PM. Reason: broken unused image tag removed

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Oct 18, 2014, 03:25 AM
sounds and looks a lot like Paint Tool SAI, any comparison you could make between the two?

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Oct 18, 2014, 01:04 PM
Hmm. I have never given Sai a good look. I did a quick search and some are saying Sai is easier to use, but Manga Studio is better for comics.

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92