Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » Site and Forum Rules, Questions & Feedback

Private Message sucks

View Poll Results: Have you ever expericnced the same troble?
Yes. I have for a several times. 1 33.33%
No. But it seem to be must solved problem. 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

JCF Member

Louis K is doing well so far

Mar 11, 2014, 12:09 AM
Angry Private Message sucks

Quote:
I know it's not a good idea that post a new thread with bad news. but seriously, I think we need to talk about this..
Yesterday, I sended a mail from emails and private message. But I don't know who is send this.(Because the address is very ridiculous and seems be broken. And also, even can't reply it.)

The contents of message is like this.
(NOTICE:It's just one of parts. Also, I wrote the all contents to purify. other parts are be fulled of fucks and shits.. I don't want saying about that.. for forum clearance.)

Quote:
Hey ya south monkey. your english is just shit. sucking your mothers as*****.------
I heard that some bad americans are call the Asian to 'monkey' from my father.

Is it really truth? or just a rumor? If it does, then what is that? I really want to know who is send this to me.(Is Yankee's are doing like that?)
or.. Racist are still exist on the J2O? I'm NOT a monkey! NEVER EVER!

Beside, It's not a first time.
Since I regist on J2O, I sended some mails such like this over than 7times! I can not stand anymore!

If I sended this message once more, I'll clear my adress of J2O and JCF, And never come again after leaving.
I'M 'VERY' SERIOUS.
Have you ever expericnced the same troble? Anyone?
(Well, I delete that mails righrt away, so I don't have that address.. sorry..)

Or if you won't, then I'll kill you with this COOL weapon.

Last edited by Louis K; Mar 12, 2014 at 05:42 AM. Reason: private message→ emails and private message.(I'm terribly sorry if you confused)

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Mar 11, 2014, 12:18 AM
Is this an e-mail, or is it a Private Message? The difference is important.If it is a private message, you can easily see who sent it, because it looks like a normal forum post. So I think this is an e-mail, sent through the forum?You can disable receiving e-mails via the forum on this page: http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/profi...do=editoptions. Uncheck "Receive Email from Other Members" under "Messaging & Notification".Can you forward the e-mail you got to stijn@jazz2online.com? Then I can maybe see who sent it and warn who did this that it is not allowed to use the forum e-mail function for such insults.But if you don't have the e-mail any more, I can't help you, sorry.

JCF Member

Mar 11, 2014, 03:13 AM
Sadly, I can't..
Because I deleted it. and also, that address is linked an ridiculous online shop. so It doesn't replied..(eBay?←I've never heard..why are email address is linked the shop? Is it ad.? I don't know..)

Also, I receive the private message at the same contents, but when I find that message, It's gone! just gone! where is it?
I was really read that!(or, is it vanished when I read?)

I only just hope is it just the last.. Really..
Then, May I change or hide my mail address? I think it'll be helpful to prevent that spam mails..

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Mar 11, 2014, 03:30 AM
Are you sure the e-mail was sent through Jazz2Online or the JCF? E-mails from Jazz2Online would have an @jazz2online.com address. Other e-mails were probably not sent through the site.

Your e-mail address is hidden from other users by default. Users can still send you an e-mail via a form, but then they can't see your e-mail address. You can disable that too, like I described in my previous reply.

JCF Member

Mar 11, 2014, 03:48 AM
Anyway, If I receive the same mails or messages, I'll tell you with those address.
(Oh please god.. stop the spam..)

JCF Member

Jun 22, 2014, 07:56 AM
Unhappy

Ugh, back again to this thread..
Ok, this was happened to me since about a week ago..

Recently, I received a lot of new messages and reply posts.
But surely, those notification mails wasn't sended to me by email!(it was always sended to me before.)

I already check about message options(my personal address), but nothing changed.(also, I didn't change it.. means, it wasn't blocked by spam or anything else.)

Besides, my subscribed threads notifications are already set to 'instant'. and my JCF friend was send to me a message, but there was no mail about it to me.(I think it wasn't before..)

What happen to me?
Is it just personal problem? and if so, how can I solve it?

P.S. private spamming sucks seems really stoped.

Administrator

Jun 24, 2014, 05:00 AM
Looks like the e-mail got broken when we moved servers. I'm on it, hopefully this will be fixed soon!

JCF Member

Jun 24, 2014, 08:01 AM
aha. !

Maybe that'd be the reason which this problem has happened.
Soooo...

Well.. someday it'll be solved..
just 'someday'..

Administrator

Jul 14, 2014, 03:04 PM
E-mail seems to be fixed now. Sorry for taking so long, I've been busy!

JCF Member

Jul 20, 2014, 07:51 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
E-mail seems to be fixed now. Sorry for taking so long, I've been busy!
Oh yes! I didn't check about it recently, but today, I've said 'YAY!'
Thanks to your maintanance!