Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Battery Check Download?

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Feb 15, 2014, 04:04 PM
Battery Check Download?

So, I recently got a new computer, and I want to install Battery Check, but I can't find it on the Batteryworld website. Also, being as it's a fairly obscure game with a title that turns up everything other than itself from a Google search, I can't find any mirrors.

Can someone post a download link?

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Mar 11, 2014, 01:43 AM
That's in interesting question coming from you... I remember you being pretty strict about it not being okay to illegally download full versions of JJ2 or TSF?

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Mar 11, 2014, 01:53 AM
Heh, right.

I should still have it somewhere at home, I'll upload it later if I can find it. Unless someone else does so before me.

JCF Member

Mar 11, 2014, 04:51 AM
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
That's in interesting question coming from you... I remember you being pretty strict about it not being okay to illegally download full versions of JJ2 or TSF?
That was the tail-end of that whole thing I went through which reached its peak in the JJ3 patch thread(TBH, I'm surprised all I got was a few negreps). But I am past that, and I hope we can all forget it.

JCF Member

VashTheStampede is doing well so far

Mar 26, 2014, 10:15 PM
Did... did you find it?

[JxFhGo9w34865tRh!!!!!] - sÀlÄmÃnDèRDM

Administrator

Mar 27, 2014, 11:52 AM
Unfortunately, no. I might still have the original CD somewhere in storage at my parents', but I'm not there right now...

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Mar 27, 2014, 12:52 PM
I still have the original CD too. I can image it and upload it tomorrow, if you wish?

Administrator

Mar 27, 2014, 02:04 PM
That'd be quicker than waiting for me to get it, at least.

JCF Member

Mar 27, 2014, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
I still have the original CD too. I can image it and upload it tomorrow, if you wish?
That would be great!

JCF Member

Mar 29, 2014, 04:07 AM
Okay, I've ripped and uploaded the CD and posted it to our friends at Digiex over here.

Have fun!

JCF Member

Mar 29, 2014, 07:39 AM
Thank you very much.

EDIT: Having trouble running the game; I'll make a full post if/when I have more details.

Last edited by Love & Thunder; Mar 31, 2014 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Noooo!

JCF Member

Mar 31, 2014, 02:00 AM
Slaz, can you confirm that there's nothing wrong with the installer you've provided?
Because when I ran the game, explorer crashed. It took a restart to get things back to normal, and a full virus scan yielded nothing.

So, assuming that there was some kind of problem with the installer(Since on my previous computer, which was the same OS, I never had this problem), I tried using the iso to reinstall it, but this time the setup program crashed and gave me a bluescreen.

So, what's going on?!

JCF Member

Apr 11, 2014, 06:43 AM
Sorry for totally missing your replies after my 5 day vacation last week.

I admit that I didn't test the game after ripping the CD, as I was assuming that with the files verified and the installer loading up it would work. Well then, I've just installed a fresh copy of BT downloaded from my post at Digiex (the zipped setup file), installed it on Windows 8.1 and played a bit of the first level. It seems to work just fine. I double checked the folder after installing and all the game's tilesets, levels, and music files are there and healthy.

So I'm afraid that I don't know what's going on here. What kind of DLL/component did that blue screen refer to? What's your current OS?

JCF Member

Apr 11, 2014, 10:40 AM
Windows 7, 64-Bit, and I didn't write down the Bluscreen info(I don't think I did, anyway).

Also, since I have barely any info to give, I've run the game again -- this time with the -windowed parameter... It works! I think the reason for it doing this is something to do with the fact that I'm using an old AMD 4770 GPU(Long story). So, since I had to jump through some hoops to get the drivers, it's probably a problem with the drivers.

So, anyone using an AMD 4770 GPU -- run Battery Check in windowed mode! Oddly enough, though, Jazz 2 is just fine...

JCF Member

Apr 11, 2014, 11:09 AM
Glad the game works. And fullscreen works for me, have you tried disabling Hardware Acceleration in BT? It's enabled by default, and can be disabled through the dropdown menu while windowed or via the Windows Registry.

And you could try installing different drivers for the AMD 4770. Even if they're older, it may just fix the problem.

JCF Member

Apr 11, 2014, 04:10 PM
TBH, I would only play it windowed anyway, so it's not really worth fixing(Also, the drivers I have now were hard enough to find, so digging around for older ones would probably take a long while). Having said that, I appreciate the help.