Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Original Jazz 2 Artwork

Nickadoo

JCF Member

Nickadoo is doing well so far

Sep 13, 2014, 04:53 PM
Original Jazz 2 Artwork

Hey guys,

I'm Nick Stadler, one of the members of O.G. Jazz team. I'm in the process of moving and I've been doing a lot of long overdue spring cleaning. I happened to come across a stack of old artwork, specifically nearly all of the original black & white ink drawings I did for Jazz 2 promotional material, as well as the full color ink/color pencil drawing of both Jazz & Spaz that appeared on the Jazz 2 box and cover screen.

I'm considering auctioning them off as a set on eBay once I'm finally settled into my new place. First, though, I thought I'd see if any of you diehard fans would actually even contemplate bidding on it.

Included:

Full color original rendering of Jazz & Spaz (box cover/title screen image)

Black & white line drawing of Jazz & Spaz (same as above)

Approximately 9 or 10 pages of line drawings of Jazz, Spaz, Eva, Devan and several in-game enemies that were used throughout the manual (black & white line drawings that were scanned and later colored in DPaint)

Original black and white line drawings of the comic book (Time Warp) which appeared in the manual. (All of the talk bubble inside copy was added later in DPaint).

Several pages of early concept pencil sketch art with scribbled notes.

I'll take photos of everything later (everything is packed away at the moment). If I decide to do this, the auction will take place sometime in early October.

Part of me doesn't want to part with it, but I know it's just gonna continue to sit in storage.

-Nickadoo

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Sep 14, 2014, 12:53 AM
That sounds fantastic.

I'd definitely at least keep an eye on the bidding(Mostly depends on how expensive it gets).

JCF Member

Louis K is doing well so far

Sep 14, 2014, 03:08 AM
Cool,
looks interesting When will be finished?

Or if you won't, then I'll kill you with this COOL weapon.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Sep 14, 2014, 09:35 AM
As said, yeah, I'd probably bid on a few things. It would be nice to have some tangible memento of the games, and original concept art would fill that role pretty well

JCF Member

KRSplatinum is a forum legendKRSplatinum is a forum legend

Sep 14, 2014, 10:48 AM
Nickadoo, you did such a great job on the art in Jazz Jackrabbit that 20 years later people still appreciate and play the game, your original drawings will be a great addition to any JJ fan's collection. Thanks for making Jazz such a great fun and longlasting project.
Bobby aka Dizzy

(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)istrator

Bobby aka Dizzy is doing well so far

Sep 14, 2014, 01:18 PM
I'd be very interesting in bidding on what you describe. Some Jazz artwork would look great next to my Jazz plush toy!

If it's not too much extra trouble for you I'd consider putting up the items as separate auctions so multiple people are able to get some nice mementos.

JCF Member

Sep 14, 2014, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby aka Dizzy View Post
I'd be very interesting in bidding on what you describe. Some Jazz artwork would look great next to my Jazz plush toy!

If it's not too much extra trouble for you I'd consider putting up the items as separate auctions so multiple people are able to get some nice mementos.
You don't think it'd be more valuable if I put it all together in a single package? I was thinking even throwing in an autographed copy of an old CD-ROM beta version of the game (although I can't promise it'll work all that well. heh heh).
Bobby aka Dizzy

(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)istrator

Bobby aka Dizzy is doing well so far

Sep 14, 2014, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickadoo View Post
You don't think it'd be more valuable if I put it all together in a single package? I was thinking even throwing in an autographed copy of an old CD-ROM beta version of the game (although I can't promise it'll work all that well. heh heh).
I'm interested in what other people here think. My thoughts right now are that I'd love a piece or two of artwork but anything too much more than that is likely to end up in my closet in a box which would be a shame!

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Sep 14, 2014, 01:50 PM
If you'll enlist all of them in a single auction then I guess the bids will rocket so high that my chances of winning the auction would be rather slim. :B I'd be more than happy with owning just a single picture, and I'm just a young freelancer so my cash income is rather slim

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Sep 14, 2014, 02:19 PM
I'm with Bobby and DoubleGJ on this one. Maybe a one-in-all package would in the end make you more money, but personally I'd be less interested in that than in one or two pictures that'd be meaningful (and affordable) to me. Plus, I wouldn't have to fight over them with the others

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Sep 14, 2014, 05:30 PM
bring money, i'm bidding.

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends
Nickadoo

JCF Member

Sep 14, 2014, 06:19 PM
Funny thing. Cliffy has the original Jazz 1 cover art. I didn't even know where that went until he tweeted a pic of it framed. I was like, "Bitch, what? When did you snag that from me?!" LOL

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Sep 14, 2014, 08:50 PM
Nick, you know what.. what if we bid high on the items and you dump us a lil tribute

in all serious ness, i would love to have a jazz drawing here. rather see little bundles then one big one.

Mystic Legends

Nickadoo

JCF Member

Sep 14, 2014, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGPW View Post
Nick, you know what.. what if we bid high on the items and you dump us a lil tribute

in all serious ness, i would love to have a jazz drawing here. rather see little bundles then one big one.
I will happily break it up into multiple auctions if I thought anyone would actually bid on them. The reason I posted here was to gauge interest to see if anyone actually would bid on this stuff in the first place. I honestly wasn't expecting to get more than one or two hundred bucks for the entire package. If you guys are actually worried that the bids will go higher than that, I'm honestly flattered.

But truth be told, I don't want to part with anything if I'm only getting 5 or 6 bucks for it. It won't be worth my time or effort to pack and ship it, and honestly it still does carry a lot of sentimental value to part with it.

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Sep 15, 2014, 12:19 AM
I'd bid up to $25 for a single drawing. Something I could frame on the wall. It is definitely worth more, but this is what I can afford at the time. I imagine that bidding would go higher.

Oh, and you could contact this guy...
http://kotaku.com/5908177/can-you-na...-on-my-forearm

I'm sure you could get an article about the auction on Kotaku.

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Sep 15, 2014, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hare View Post
Kotaku
please no
Quote:
But truth be told, I don't want to part with anything if I'm only getting 5 or 6 bucks for it. It won't be worth my time or effort to pack and ship it, and honestly it still does carry a lot of sentimental value to part with it.
I'm with Hare on this, $25-30 for even one pic is where I'd go. My band just released a Jazz Jackrabbit remix EP recently and we gathered some hype on Facebook and the likes, so we can advertise the auctions if there's not enough interest.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

Super Moderator

Sep 15, 2014, 02:14 AM
Don't underestimate the fans outside this forum. I'm pretty sure.. no.. I just know that some pieces will skyrocket! We are talking about the original Jazz Jackrabbit art work, that won't come cheap!

Mystic Legends

Last edited by ShadowGPW; Sep 15, 2014 at 02:46 AM.
GuMmYBeAr!

JCF Member

GuMmYBeAr! is doing well so far

Sep 15, 2014, 04:23 AM
Oh lord, John. What are you making me do.

Nick, I would literally buy everything for the package's actual worth. If you are interested in giving us dibs on it, it's really sweet. But you could make a /lot/ of money by opening this up outside of the forums.

Super Moderator

Sep 15, 2014, 04:28 AM
Totally agreed Tyff! I feel sorry for our wallets

Mystic Legends

n0

JCF Member

n0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legend

Sep 15, 2014, 07:36 AM
Nick, just to give you an idea of the response you are getting, I haven't seen Gummy, Shadow, or Bobby online in probably 6 years. You are making the old, die hard fans come out of the woodwork for a piece of this action. And yeah, I'd take a single frame-able piece for around $25 as well.

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Sep 15, 2014, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0 View Post
I haven't seen Gummy, Shadow, or Bobby online in probably 6 years.
Shadow and Bobby have been online in the game a couple of months ago (maybe they've been on more recently, but I barely play online anymore)....if that counts.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Sep 15, 2014, 10:47 AM
To quote myself from the other thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
Hi Nick! I'll be a bidder too. Don't expect me to put on astronomical sums of money though!

Wouldn't it be a good idea to sell some stuff individually instead of just one big package? That way more fans will have a chance to own something, and you can create better insight in the actual value of the items.
And as told by several posters here, around $25 for a single piece would be OK with me. And what Shadow said is true, I'm sure there are numerous fans outside this community who'd joyfully spend money on original artwork as well!
GoldRabbit

JCF Member

GoldRabbit is an asset to this forumGoldRabbit is an asset to this forum

Sep 15, 2014, 01:45 PM
Quote:
old CD-ROM beta version of the game
Well, that sounds interesting. Would you mind telling us a bit more?
because everybody plays the game this way

saints especially

Administrator

Sep 15, 2014, 02:07 PM
Probably an OEM version.
Nickadoo

JCF Member

Sep 15, 2014, 06:21 PM
FYI, I found another stack of drawings today, so it seems there will be plenty to go around. I snapped a few pics before I stored them away this time (sorry they're so blurry).

http://imgur.com/gallery/4TdwN/new

Administrator

Sep 15, 2014, 11:50 PM

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Sep 16, 2014, 01:47 AM
The self-destruct button gag is in there! Nice .

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92

Super Moderator

Sep 16, 2014, 03:01 AM
By god, I want one of those!

Nick, before you sell them. Scan them in please, so we can store them on J2O as an artifact. For our fans this is amazing to see these things going by! For most of us this is our child or teenhood. I know it can be a pain in the butt work, but.. this didn't happen before and it's our last chance.

Mystic Legends

Last edited by ShadowGPW; Sep 16, 2014 at 03:15 AM.

Administrator

Sep 16, 2014, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGPW View Post
Nick, before you sell them. Scan them in please, so we can store them on J2O as an artifact.
This is a great idea, it would be wonderful if we could preserve these somehow for fans before they disappear again in someone's collection.

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Sep 16, 2014, 09:07 AM
I agree.

JCF Member

Ae has disabled reputation

Sep 16, 2014, 03:23 PM
I am of great interest.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Sep 16, 2014, 03:47 PM
If you don't want to scan all of them, I'd put my vote for the highest priority being the images we haven't seen before, in pixel form or otherwise. Here are some known ones I could quickly find URLs for:

And my JJ2 CD case has three additional images: Jazz swinging on a vine and surprising Spaz on a cliff; Jazz and Eva sitting on a brick wall with hearts; and the Queen throttling Jazz. Then there's... ooh, say!

What about this guy?

JCF Member

Sep 16, 2014, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
If you don't want to scan all of them, I'd put my vote for the highest priority being the images we haven't seen before, in pixel form or otherwise. Here are some known ones I could quickly find URLs for:

And my JJ2 CD case has three additional images: Jazz swinging on a vine and surprising Spaz on a cliff; Jazz and Eva sitting on a brick wall with hearts; and the Queen throttling Jazz. Then there's... ooh, say!

What about this guy?
Ha! I'd forgotten about him. Mystery Bunny was intended to be the queen's head of security at the palace. He was supposed to be a boss, but one with advanced AI and would follow you through the entire level.

It was deemed too difficult to create, and even if we were able to pull it off, it would've been to advanced an enemy for such an early level.
Nickadoo

JCF Member

Sep 16, 2014, 06:57 PM
FYI, I just talked to Cliffy, he said he'd be willing to help promote the auction for me. (I only did that to make the auction more legit so you'd all know these are the real deal).

JCF Member

PT32 is an asset to this forum

Sep 16, 2014, 11:40 PM
Awesome. Absolutely count me in for this bidding. I agree with everyone else who wants to split it up; you'd make a lot of money selling them together, but I and so many other longtime loyal fans would be let down if only one winner got to feel the nostalgia. This is our little piece of history; I think since this community's survived together, they should get to share this moment together.

Maybe have a 1-sketch-per-person max cap? So that multiple people get to participate, and we don't get scalpers?

IN DEVELOPMENT:
Renascence: The Last Jackrabbit
AvalancheMaster AvalancheMaster's Avatar

JCF Member

AvalancheMaster is doing well so far

Sep 20, 2014, 12:20 PM
As I already said in the other thread, count me in! ;0
Metsys

JCF Member

Metsys is doing well so far

Sep 20, 2014, 01:51 PM
Same here, count me in. I'm setting aside about $200 for this. I'd like to help out a fellow artist, plus I wouldn't mind having some original Jazz art.
ThunderPX

JCF Member

ThunderPX is doing well so far

Sep 20, 2014, 08:43 PM
Goddamn, why must I be in the process of starting college and moving at a time like this?
Ninja

JCF Member

Ninja is an asset to this forumNinja is an asset to this forum

Sep 25, 2014, 09:58 PM
Holy crap. I thought I'd never see anything from all of you guys again. I am very interested in this.

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Sep 27, 2014, 01:25 PM
I don't have a ton of money, but yeah, I'd totally bid on original Jazz artwork. I've been gaming for many years, but no series has been as important to my life as Jazz Jackrabbit.

I'd love to have even a small chance of winning an auction for some original art, but you could probably make boatloads more money by letting people outside the forum know about it.