Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Does every single player level with AngelScript have to have saving disabled?

Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Blaze The Movie Fan has disabled reputation

Feb 8, 2016, 10:36 AM
Does every single player level with AngelScript have to have saving disabled?

This is something that has been annoying me, so I feel like bringing it up here.

With all the single player levels I have downloaded so far with an exception of Rabbit City 2 that has Angel Script, I can't save the game.

This is frustrating because I want to leave the game and come back to it later, but no I can't. I have to start these levels all over again.

Expecting someone to finish a level in one go is crazy, especially when I have more to do with my time than playing Jazz Jackrabbit 2 levels. I'm sorry I had to make a post about this since it's annoying me a lot.

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Feb 8, 2016, 12:05 PM
It's because the script state can't be saved in save files...yet. We've been aware for it for a long time, it's just not that easy to implement.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ
Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Feb 8, 2016, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
It's because the script state can't be saved in save files...yet. We've been aware for it for a long time, it's just not that easy to implement.
Oh, that's the problem.

Since it's hard to implement it, I'm not so annoyed by it anymore as I understand.

Thanks for enlightening me.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Feb 8, 2016, 12:39 PM
Secret will-not-always-work solution: You can hack into the save menu by pressing F6. Loading the game will be kind of messed up, but if you saved close to the end of a level, depending on how heavily the level is or isn't scripted, you should be able to go to the end and cycle to the next level without problems.

JCF Member

Feb 14, 2016, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
Secret will-not-always-work solution: You can hack into the save menu by pressing F6. Loading the game will be kind of messed up, but if you saved close to the end of a level, depending on how heavily the level is or isn't scripted, you should be able to go to the end and cycle to the next level without problems.
Thanks for the advice.

But the problem is I'm trying to finish the level Tweedle Wheedle, but the problem is it's such a long level that I can't finish it completely in one go. I tried many times, but I'm not giving up though. I like a good challenge which the level is.

It's not hard, far from it, but it's still a long level.