Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Does anyone else miss DennisKainz?

Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Blaze The Movie Fan has disabled reputation

Apr 5, 2016, 12:33 PM
Does anyone else miss DennisKainz?

I noticed that DennisKainz has left recently based on his profile details. And I find it sad since I love his level The Impossible One, and I also enjoyed the level he made most recently.

But he deleted his levels (at least the ones that are less than a year old.) so I can't download them anymore.

I will surely miss the guy. And his levels. And honestly I do feel sorry for the guy.

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Apr 5, 2016, 01:07 PM
He needs to understand that reviews are not proportional to the amount of attention recieved. Downloads are.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ
Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Apr 5, 2016, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
He needs to understand that reviews are not proportional to the amount of attention recieved. Downloads are.
Yeah, you're right.

And I also have a feeling that the reason no one reviewed his The Impossible One level before he removed it was because nobody has been able to beat it. I spent months trying to beat it and never got far.

I hope I'm not the only one who wanted to review that level but couldn't because of how difficult it was.

Come to think of it maybe it was for the better that he left. He took this site way too seriously. Since I considered him my friend, I stand by that I miss him.

Last edited by Blaze The Movie Fan; Apr 5, 2016 at 01:31 PM.

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Apr 5, 2016, 02:53 PM
He's never really gone; he always leaves for the "final" time, only to come back a couple of months later when he's cooled down a little. It's always cool to see him around doing cool artwork and stuff, but it's a shame he never sticks around long(Usually because he gets banned for insulting CliffyB and/or Epic Games).

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Apr 8, 2016, 05:35 AM
Actually, I was looking to download, play, and review his latest level earlier today as I promised to do so earlier in a different thread. I don't have time to play JJ2 every day, let alone to review all new releases. But I'm also a man of my word, so if I make a promise you'll see it happen.

I know you'll eventually lurk and read this Dennis, so please know that a lack of reviews on this site doesn't stand synonymous to a lack of appreciation, even though it might feel that way sometimes.

I hope you'll return someday, and maybe try a less devoted stay. It's perfectly fine to visit and contribute to this site every now and then without any serious dedication. Heck, some only play for about a hour or 2 during the Bash and then leave the community until (maybe) next year, and even that is appreciated!

JCF Member

Borgia is doing well so far

Apr 8, 2016, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
Downloads are.
I'm lagging behind on that ánd reviews .

Look at it on the bright side: if no-one reviews your levels, at least you won't get a low score . I prefer N/A over a 3 (for example) any time!
Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Apr 8, 2016, 03:52 PM
My favorite level he made was The Impossible One, but I'm deleting off my computer since there is no point in playing it if I can't review it once I've finished the entire level which is a shame because I was going to review it the moment I was done with it.