Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

My JJ2 theories

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Jul 10, 2016, 12:49 PM
My JJ2 theories

We all know there were some unused or unfinished stuff in JJ2. Here are my theories for some of them:

The Tweedle Boss

Probably the favorite unfinished thing to most players.We all know it was supposed to be used in Psych, and here's what I think about it:
Tweedle was supposed to be in psych level 1, and not level 2 or the unfinished third level. The end of the first level just looks like an arena suitable for the boss, even though there's an 'arena like spot' in level 3

''Far out'', Psych level 3

Unfinished secret level DUH, although maybe it was supposed to be a bird level?

The rocket turtle
Yes, I know I already made a thread for this one, but i put it here anyway because of theories on other stuff
First of all, I guess you all know about the bird level in JJ1 where there's a boss with normal turtle sprites, where all you have to do to beat it is fly in a corner above it and shoot. Maybe the authors wanted to make a 'NOW I CAN GET UP THERE TO YOU NOW THAT I HAVE A ROCKET' revenge thingy in a Diamondus secret level? Y'know, Devan traveling back through time and all, and while he's doing that, he gives the turtle a rocket. Although I still don't have an idea why Diamsecr is basicly a copy of Diam1. Maybe the player was supposed to pass the same level with the bird, and face the rocket turtle at the end of it? The end area looks like it has enough space for flying or something.

3D view of bird

We can all guess it was supposed to be used in the 3D bonus stages, maybe the bird level was a level where the bird keeps moving forward and grabs stuff along the way, but it moves automaticly, and it was supposed to be moved around the screen in order to pick up as many as stuff as possible before the bird gets to the end... Something like that...

Purple potion

Probably a sugar rush potion... Designed specially for Labrat, or Psych perhaps?

Spinning and falling sprites of Devan

Maybe a Devil Devan phase took part in air? Maybe Devan was supposed to be playable in a secret level?

Boxing glove

Probably a gag that comes out when you step on it, and boosts you to ceiling hurt events.

What do you guys think? Also, do you have any theories on these or some other stuff?

JCF Member

SAMI is doing well so far

Jul 10, 2016, 10:12 PM
My theori: Spaz falls in love with a yellow rabbit but he didn't realize that it was her sister.

JCF Member

Jul 10, 2016, 11:11 PM
Damn yeah. He was drinking wine. Maybe he was drunk at that wedding and didn't realise it was his sister, who is clearly not a great sister since she didn't appear on the first wedding.
Let's be serrious though

Also why is there no passage in labrat1 that leads to labrat3? The level is okay lol.

Last edited by Jelly Jam; Jul 11, 2016 at 02:46 AM.

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Jul 11, 2016, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Jam View Post
Boxing glove

Probably a gag that comes out when you step on it, and boosts you to ceiling hurt events.
This could actually be a cool thing for levels that use AngelScript, such as Tweedle Wheedle.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

JCF Member

Jul 11, 2016, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
This could actually be a cool thing for levels that use AngelScript, such as Tweedle Wheedle.
Luckily everything which was planned for JJ2 can be remade with AS! <3
Except for the 3D bonus levels though :{

JCF Member

Jul 11, 2016, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Jam View Post
Luckily everything which was planned for JJ2 can be remade with AS! <3
Except for the 3D bonus levels though :{
*ahem*BossrushV4*ahem*

JCF Member

Jul 11, 2016, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
Oh, right!

Anywho, theories anyone?
luke11685

Banned

luke11685 is doing well so far

Jul 11, 2016, 11:30 AM
My theory you can import Jazz Jackrabbit 1 Bonus Stage in jj2 it's the same special stage from jj1 including hip hop and spaz Jackrabbit.

JCF Member

Jan 7, 2017, 09:02 AM
The door stuff, including the animations of entering a door, are probably some two-way warps or something like that, or warps that activate only if the player presses some button when near them. Anyhoo, this stuff could've worked okay with the normal warps as well, so the doors are IMO just a second set of animations for the warp event, so the level creator could pick a warp type and/or set of animations for it. Let's compare this with plenty of the bridge or platform types.

JCF Member

Darkhog is notorious for his worthless posts

Jan 8, 2017, 11:35 AM
Maybe it'd work like doors in SMBX (not sure about regular Mario games) - pressing up opens and enters a door.
   ││_╱ │
  ╱╱   │╲
 (|▔╲  │ )
╱'╲_▔ _╱`╲
╲___) (___╱  TUX LOVES YOU.

JCF Member

Jan 9, 2017, 01:28 AM
Doors? There were doors in JJR2? And 3D mode lioe JJ1?

Next JJR2+ should try to make these come real.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 9, 2017, 09:02 AM
The doors aren't really elaborate/detailed enough for it to be clear what they were supposed to have been used for--see: this thread--so they feel more like something that people can figure out uses for in angelscript. There is absolutely no known surviving code for using the 3D sprites, nor indication of what kind of visual environment or gameplay they were supposed to have been associated with, so it's never been a very high priority to do anything with them either.

JCF Member

Borgia is doing well so far

Jan 11, 2017, 12:55 PM
Did anyone ever count just how many unfinished things there are in the game files?

Also, when you start playing for the first time and go through the tutorial, there is already one major missing part of the game: the fact that collecting a certain amount of gems is supposed to give you an extra life. It says so on the sign. Little does the player know that this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I wonder if anyone has conspiracy theories about JJ2 as well . What's the government not telling us?

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jan 11, 2017, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
I wonder if anyone has conspiracy theories about JJ2 as well . What's the government not telling us?
Reminder this post of mine exists.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Member

Jan 12, 2017, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ementaler View Post
SE's theory is the best one I've seen so far.

Anyway, about the Warp bunny. I don't think there's only one of them. In Resident Evil 4, many people thinks there's only one Merchant and he travels through the secret passages to appear wherever Leon goes.

It's true the merchant ises the secret passages. But the Merchant reappears even if you kill him. That explains the fact that there's more than one merchant.

Back at JJR2, I can say there's more than one Warp Bunny. They got different colors. They are possibly criminals too. Notice that the fake currency they're taking aren't paper currency, they're pure gold and silvers.

This explains the JJ carrotus (Or whatever their country is called) currency is useless to them since they're convicts. They probably will sell the golds and silvers in black market and earn money.

These Warp bunnies aren't mastermind behind the Devan's plans. But they are using this chance to get enough gold (money) to be able to get enough Arsenal for taking control of JJs country. Both Jazz, Spaz and Lori were busy dealing with Devan that they didn't bother with Warp Bunnys' business.

About Jazz's nudity, it's really hard to fight suited booted. His genitals are covered with his hairs anyway. That proves that Lori's hairs (Fur) can't cover her nipples and pussy, thus needing clothes. Even then, she's wearing tight clothes suitable for flexibility unlike Eva's clothes.

JCF Member

Jan 12, 2017, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ementaler View Post
I actually wonder whether this was an intentional thing left in the game or not. It really does make sense, but do you really think Cliffy B. actually had this crazy idea in mind when making Jazz 1 and 2? But hey, maybe if he found out about this idea, this could easily become canon if he would simply agree with it. I find this very interesting