Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Spaz double jump

MilloCz

JCF Member

MilloCz is doing well so far

Aug 9, 2016, 04:15 AM
Spaz double jump

Since ever I have always had problem with Spaz's doublejump - the fact that when I jump once and then press ctrl for the second time, he often doesn't do that jump, making me press the ctrl repeatedly and often even then he doesn't do the second jump.

This is the reason why I always sucked at tests since they often require to make second jump in very specific spot..

So is there any solution for this? How do I make Spaz do the second jump everywhere?

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Aug 9, 2016, 06:25 AM
Some possible reasons:

1. Crappy keyboard.
2. You cannot doublejump again after landing on a platform. You have to jump/kick. Modern games tend to not do this.
3. You have to be holding jump before double jumping.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Aug 9, 2016, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
This one works great for tests. You can time the double jump perfectly.

In other words, in order to do a good double jump you must not release the jump button.

Also remember that springs can give you chances to double jump, too.

JCF Member

SAMI is doing well so far

Aug 9, 2016, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
Some possible reasons:

1. Crappy keyboard.
2. You cannot doublejump again after landing on a platform. You have to jump/kick. Modern games tend to not do this.
This.

I had this problem too. if you double jump once and land, you cant double jump again. You need to jump once and then after landing again, you can double jump. [You can do a short jump by quick tapping your jump key].

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Aug 10, 2016, 03:54 PM
Wait, so you guys are saying that Spaz's double-jump only works if you hold jump(Not double-press, but hold), and you have to single jump and land once before you can double-jump again?
That is a really awful system.
No wonder I could never get a hang of playing as Spaz.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Aug 11, 2016, 03:33 AM
This thread, and Trey's post in particular, is complete nonsense. Don't take Spaz advice from Lori users.

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Aug 11, 2016, 03:47 AM
but really, the most reliable way to double-jump is to hold the jump key as you jump first, then release it and quickly press again the moment you want to double-jump

you can also start tapping jump like a maniac after release, this certainly doesn't hurt your double-jump

also it gets harder once you start falling so it's best to do it at the peak of your jump

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

Aug 11, 2016, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
This thread, and Trey's post in particular, is complete nonsense. Don't take Spaz advice from Lori users.
WTF. Are you seriously going to disregard advice that is even approved by those who use Spaz often? Not to mention, I even asked SE to revise my reasons, and I got rid of the ones that weren't true.

Stop disregarding what advice/thoughts I give just because I use Lori. I actually have a decent amount of experience with Spaz too, just more in Single Player and Tests rather than true Multiplayer.

While 3 may not be 100% accurate (i.e it's not essential), it does help for consistency. 2 is a fact and those who play tests especially know this. (I.e landing to a platform after double jump is used, not jumping from it.)

Last edited by Treylina; Aug 11, 2016 at 09:06 AM.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Aug 11, 2016, 09:15 AM
I didn't disregard what you said just because you use Lori, I disregard it because right after seeing that post I tried "landing to a platform after double jump is used" in a level and not once have I been unable to make a double jump again.

JCF Member

PurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHART

Aug 11, 2016, 09:29 AM
I think what Trey is referring to is if you use a double jump to get up to a masked tile, you are unable to use your double jump if you fall straight down without have jumped again at least once. This is rarely necessary in most levels but occurs in a few tests, where you are often required to simultaneously jump and stomp at the same time in order to regain the ability to use the second jump from a fall.

JCF Member

Aug 11, 2016, 09:31 AM
Basically what PJ said. The thread starter was mostly referring to tests anyway.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Aug 11, 2016, 09:35 AM
I mean, Trey isn't wording it very clearly, but she's by no means wrong. Walking off a ledge does not reset your double jump counter. If you jump, double jump, land, then walk sideways off a ledge and begin falling without having jumped again since your last double jump, you won't be able to do another double jump while falling. This is how the game has always worked.

Similarly, it's true that even when you are allowed to make a double jump, there are restrictions on how long it has to have been since you last pressed jump, so if you wait long enough, you have to double-tap the key in order for the jump to work.

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Aug 18, 2016, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
Sorry for being late to this thread but, I've got to say, that's a REALLY SICK BURN.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

JCF Member

Aug 18, 2016, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
Sorry for being late to this thread but, I've got to say, that's a REALLY SICK BURN.
It was a misunderstanding, and it's already been explained. Lets drop this please.