PDA

View Full Version : Jazz 2 Christmas Chronicles

Blobby
Feb 3, 2004, 05:20 AM
:confused: Hey! Does anyone know where to get it?! ANSWER MEE!!!
:rolleyes: (he's SOOO stressy!)

cooba
Feb 3, 2004, 05:28 AM
Better find 5 levs that was in CC Home Cooked. Standard CC sucks.

Stijn
Feb 3, 2004, 05:32 AM
Those levels suck even more.

Knuckles
Feb 7, 2004, 07:15 AM
There is more easter then christmas in it :-)

Karmus
Feb 15, 2004, 10:39 PM
CC is nearly the same as HH98?

Newspaz
Feb 16, 2004, 07:00 AM
Why doesn't anyone upload it anyway? Mark Rein told me it's shareware.

Lark
Feb 17, 2004, 04:49 PM
HH98 + Lori = CC, basically. There are also all the other bug fixes that were included in TSF in CC.

Dark_rhyhorn
Feb 22, 2004, 09:57 AM
Why doesn't someone post it up if it is shareware.

BTW if I got JJ2 : CC would it also install all of the other JJ2 levels? Would I have to get TSF to go on TSF servers?

Violet CLM
Feb 22, 2004, 12:56 PM
Oh, yes. If it's shareware (which would be odd because it costs money), obviously it would come with every single level and let you join registered servers.

Newspaz
Feb 23, 2004, 05:13 AM
CC only comes with the HH98 levels. Only let's you host capture the flag and battle. Has most of the other multiplayer modes disabled and does not let you join registered servers.

So, in fact it's quite logical that it was in fact meant to be shareware. But we failed to understand it.

Stijn
Feb 23, 2004, 05:22 AM
How about making a sticky topic explaining how to get CC etc so we dont get numerous threads with questions like this one anymore?

Karmus
Feb 23, 2004, 05:54 AM
Personally I think the Jazz-releases have been pretty messed up. Here's a "guide" (I haven't got CC so info may not be exact):
JJ2 (buy, shareware) = Episodes: Formerly A Prince, Jazz In Time, Flashback, Funky Monkeys, Shareware Demo - Characters: Jazz & Spaz
JJ2 TSF (buy, shareware) = Episodes: The Secret Files, Shareware Demo - Characters: Jazz, Spaz & Lori
JJ2 HH98 (buy) = Episodes: Holiday Hare '98, Shareware Demo - Characters: Jazz & Spaz
JJ2 CC (buy) = Episodes: Holiday Hare '98, Shareware Demo - Characters: Jazz, Spaz & Lori
So if you want full Jazz fun do as me (Steps 2&3 can be switched):
1. Buy JJ2, JJ2 TSF and JJ2 HH98 or JJ2 CC.
2. Install JJ2. Copy all music, episode, tileset and level files to another dir. Uninstall JJ2.
3. Install HH98 or CC. Copy all music, episode, tileset and level files to another dir. Uninstall HH98/CC.
4. Install TSF. Copy all music, episode, tileset and level files from the two other games to the TSF dir, don't overwrite any files.
5. Apply the new server patch.

Violet CLM
Feb 23, 2004, 09:48 AM
So, in fact it's quite logical that it was in fact meant to be shareware. But we failed to understand it.

Could this be because IT WAS SOLD? FOR MONEY?

Aiko
Feb 23, 2004, 12:56 PM
My bad, not AGAIN. Blah-blubb, here is the complete info thread about CC99. Just read it: http://41k0.org/jazz/002570f.html

Plus, the game isn't available anymore.

Lama
Feb 23, 2004, 05:24 PM

Look at Aiko's post in his reply, you will see that:

But remember: acutally this game was never published!

So, if it was never published, how could it legally be sold for money?

Karmus
Feb 23, 2004, 09:19 PM
Some private stuff I think.

Can anyone send me these levels? (YES, I HAVE requested these before in an indirect way. Such levels I was looking for. Already got HCB.)
"easter hunt" (by f.quist / J2LC)
"Easter pinball eggs" (unknown author)
"Happy eastern" (unknown author)
"Easter Time!" (unknown author)
"Easter Elves" (by Ninja Dodo)

Stijn
Feb 24, 2004, 03:11 AM
...I think it was published. Why was it available in stores nationwide (The Ntherlands...) else?

Aiko
Feb 24, 2004, 03:20 AM
It is interesting WHO published it, then. Because Project 2 was bankrupt afaik when it appeared in stores "nationwide". Nevertheless it has the Project 2 logo on the cover and package. So at least in Germany, it was never "really published", as i assumed in that old JMMB thread. The game somehow appeared in stores in Poland and the NL, though. It's a bit weird, i admit :)

By the way, Karmus, those levels are not really worth having. Most of them actually have quite a bad design (except martin's "fright night ctf", of course :). You better check out the J2O download section for some nice levels :)

Dark_rhyhorn
Feb 24, 2004, 04:53 AM
Well I even if most of the levels are bad I'm interested to see this. Can someone upload it.

Newspaz
Feb 24, 2004, 05:20 AM
What do you mean by that? It's completely irrelevant.

SHAREWARE: Dictionary Entry and Meaning
Pronunciation: sh'erw`er

WordNet Dictionary

Definition: [n] software that has been copyrighted but is sold to users with permission to copy it and give it to others
Shareware is sold for money, if it weren't it would be freeware.

VooDoo
Feb 24, 2004, 09:55 AM
He guys, i have it, in my Intertoys shop in Beuningen (holland),
There are two of them to get as FREE SHAREWARE,
And i get it in 1999 for money (15 gulden) :god:

EDIT: Anibody want's it, i can AIM it to you, my AIM screen name is : VooDooJazz2 :god:

Aiko
Feb 24, 2004, 10:31 AM
VooDoo: now that's completely confusing, esspecially your term "FREE SHAREWARE". It is in a shop, but it is for free? Isn't that a contradiction in terms, somehow?
Plus, i fear you are not allowed to copy and send the game to others, but well, that's your own business.

(By the way, i have to admit that the usage of the term "Shareware", esspecially related to Jazz Jackrabbit 2[!] is very confusing generally and personally i never really understood it).

Dark_rhyhorn
Feb 24, 2004, 11:00 AM
isn't the term "free sharware redundent"? Shareware is always free. That's why it legal to give to you freinds to install.

Boss Jazz
Feb 24, 2004, 11:47 AM
Mesa know where to get Holiday Hare 98 but not Christmas Chronicles

VooDoo
Feb 24, 2004, 09:33 PM
isn't the term "free sharware redundent"? Shareware is always free. That's why it legal to give to you freinds to install.

I think it's not realy confusing Aiko, listen to the quote up from here,
but it's rare, becouse first (in 1999), you have to get it for money,
but NOW it's shareware.
That two that i see have not got an code and the disc is inside :god:

Karmus
Feb 25, 2004, 04:44 AM
Everything not original JJ2 was actually limited (included exclusive levels/characters) shareware games sold for a lot of money. Only TSF demo (a demo of a "sold high price shareware") was downloadable.
It confuses me that JJ1 and the first HH's were termed "shareware" (probably sold like my shareware disk of Jazz1) but they could be downloaded at the net? From Jazz2 and up they are called demo's and they were only available by download. Funny enough they called the free episode in JJ2&+ for "Shareware Demo".

Hardtana
Feb 25, 2004, 01:30 PM
I never saw it here. I saw all the other JJ2 games, but not this one. :/