PDA

View Full Version : Making a Forum Games Forum?

Tubz
Apr 5, 2004, 04:54 PM
I say why not, I think their useless in Misc. Stuff. Their completely pointless like just posting 1 word in word association. Or what you're listening to at the moment. It's just a waste of space there, and annoying that something else could fit in the 20 topics per page or something, instead of a forum game being 1 of the topics, what do you all think?

Link
Apr 5, 2004, 06:30 PM
There really aren't many forum games. I only count 3-5 on the first page (depends how you define one). I don't think a separate forum for them is really necessary. It might just encourage more of them.

Risp_old
Apr 5, 2004, 06:37 PM
Don't some fourms have a fourm game fourm? And don't some make that not count against your post count?

Trafton
Apr 5, 2004, 09:47 PM
That would just incourage the idiocy. Please see previous arguments in previous topics.

~ Traft

FQuist
Apr 6, 2004, 12:02 AM
I don't see any reason for adding this.. what Link said.

Tubz
Apr 6, 2004, 02:50 AM
That's actually the point, what Link said. So people can post as much forum games as they want. Why do you guys really care? Not many of us compare our post counts anyway? And a lot of topics on the board contain spam anyway.

Risp_old
Apr 6, 2004, 05:05 AM
Thinking of idiocy, what about a fourm if you post in/create a topic in you are banned? It would sure get rid of a lot of the idiots.

Link
Apr 6, 2004, 05:15 PM
That's actually the point, what Link said. So people can post as much forum games as they want. Why do you guys really care? Not many of us compare our post counts anyway? And a lot of topics on the board contain spam anyway.

I know a lot of attempted forum games die, so if they were in a separate forum maybe they would get more attention. It would also be good for people who like participating in forum games because they can reply all at once instead of sifting through other topics.

It would also be an extra forum to clutter the index. People who don't participate in forum games may not want to see the forum.

Taking both arguments into account, I propose a publically joinable private forum. This would mean that the forum would not appear for anyone who didn't want to see it, but users could join it by themselves (i.e. without an administrator granting access). Specific forums can be set not to count towards the post count, so people wouldn't have to feel guilty about spamming in this forum.

The only difficulty would be defining a forum game. "Word Association" is obviously a forum game, but what about "#jj2 QooC" or "What are you listening to right now?"

Tubz
Apr 7, 2004, 05:08 PM
Great idea, Link!

Tik
Apr 9, 2004, 07:07 PM
Not a bad idea at all. I myself like a few forum games, and have increased my post count rather pointlessly by over 2000 posts in them alone. I think Link has the right idea. Although, who really cares if it's entirely public? People don't have to look at a forum just because it's there. I mean, look at Lori Central's forum...

Tubz
Apr 10, 2004, 09:00 AM
^^^

I think I posted 1 time in that forum. Or maybe never :D. Besides, I always forget about that forum.