PDA

View Full Version : conn

carrot
Apr 21, 2004, 07:50 AM
well....i wrote a while ago about my probs about the connection problems i had with joining a servo.......my dad said that all our router ports are open so where do i unselect "firewall"

(write if somethin' else is wrong)

Link
Apr 21, 2004, 10:31 AM
If you have Windows XP, the Windows firewall might be enabled. You can check this in Control Panel->Network Connections->Local Area Connection. If the Windows firewall is disabled, or you don't have Windows XP, you may have another program such as ZoneAlarm or Norton Internet Security. You will have to find out how to check this yourself, because every configuration differs.

carrot
Apr 26, 2004, 01:38 PM
my firewall is off....all the ports in my router is open....but i cant play....well.....i have norton.....and Xp

Link
Apr 26, 2004, 01:58 PM
There is no option in JJ2 that causes this. The fact that it isn't working means that something is blocking the connection. It may be your Internet Service Provider (ISP) that blocks it, but it is more than likely a local setting that you have overlooked. I can't help you further; read your router manual to make sure you opened the ports correctly, and check your firewall settings again.