PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy, HH94, HH95... I'm confused!

Cesar
Jun 29, 2001, 11:41 AM
A year or two ago, I called GoD for a free copy of Jazz jackrabbit CD because it didn't came with Jazz Jackrabbit 2 package.

The episodes included are 1-7, A, B, C, X... that's all I remembered. I don't have the Jazz 1 CD with me to check out the episodes because most of the stuff is packed and ready to go to Yokota AB, Japan, and I'm in Crewe, Virginia for a while before I go to Japan.

What episodes does Jazz 1 CD have? What episodes does Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Trilogy have?

Is HH94 and HH95 seperate?

Captain Spam
Jun 29, 2001, 11:56 AM
Oi... here we go...

The original release of Jazz Jackrabbit (Disk version) had six episodes, if I recall correctly. I'm not sure where you got episode 7 from, really...

The CD, released soon afterward, added three new episodes, A, B, and C, to the rest of the game. Plus, I think it let you play the bonus levels at any time. That might be where episode 7 comes from, but I thought it was Z...

Episode X, in any case, was(were) the Holiday Hare episode(s). That'd be Holiday Hare '94 and '95. These were free releases from Epic around the holiday season (If you played them around Christmas, the background of the menus had snow falling, and Jazz, Eva, and Devan were in holiday clothes in the intro picture), and they kinda work seperate from the rest of the games. Except I think you COULD interface '95 with the CD version or the later disk versions (It appears as Episode X).

Then came the original Jazz Jackrabbit 2 a few years afterward. Four episodes, I think it was. Five if you include the shareware episode (Which they made seperate from the retail game).

Following that was another Holiday Hare, but this one wasn't free... it was, however, only $10 at Electronics Boutique. This wasn't much, mainly a few new tilesets and a couple redrawn enemies. It didn't come with the retail features, like JCS and the ability to load custom levels, and it could only connect to shareware or HH servers.

Then came The Secret Files, an addon which introduced Noogy's character of Lori Jackrabbit (Well... though he OWNS rights to Lori, he doesn't usually consider her to be HIS character... don't ask), a few new levels, and a couple new tilesets. Plus, the JCS on this one made levels which were incompatible with the old JJ2.... and since TSF was only released in Europe, well...

There you have it. Jazz.

-Captain Spam,

Exclaim Industries (http://www.exclaimindustries.net)... not interesting, but good for you.

Cesar
Jun 29, 2001, 12:08 PM
That's what it was... Episodes 1-6 http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I was not able to check what episodes it has but thanks.