PDA

View Full Version : Warez requests on JCSref!

cooba
Jul 2, 2004, 05:54 AM
I just went through JCSref for no reason, and I saw few comments on article about Blue Ghost.

"YUP - Okay it would be great to get pacman ghost but any ideas where get TSF"
"Yeah - Where to get TSF"

First comment was by anonymous person who signed up as ookayy..., and second is by Ninjajazz. Last time I checked, requesting for programs on J2O and all sites hosted there at least end up with a warning. <s>Not to mention that Infinite Spaz bannered Ninjajazz in Comedy Cafe.</s>

To make matters even worse, someone replied to them that they can find 1.24 at some abandonware site. Aren't abondonware programs illegal too?

It's all here. (http://www.jazz2online.com/jcsref/node.php?node=23&mode=id&menu=topics)

And BTW, someone send me a PM with request for submitting full 1.23 on downloads page. I told him to bug FQuist to upload it, but I'm not sure that did he get my reply.

Trafton
Jul 2, 2004, 08:08 AM
Hmm...

Well, first of all, this person seems to believe it is abandonware and the offense occurred in March, so I doubt a warning would be involved.

I'll try to contact an admin with FTP access to see if anything can be done to remove this. Thanks for pointing it out.

FQuist
Jul 2, 2004, 09:01 AM
You don't need ftp access to delete comments. :P

Thanks for the info Cooba, deleted.

Tubz
Jul 2, 2004, 06:07 PM
Whee, and I replied!

Stijn
Jul 3, 2004, 05:53 AM
Actually I can still see those comments. Anyway, what's wrong with saying you got a program via an illegal site? As long as he's not telling anyone HOW to get it, I doubt it is illegal or something.

cooba
Jul 3, 2004, 08:39 AM
No, Flash. Tublear's comment is AFTER someone posted link to that site.

Stijn
Jul 6, 2004, 02:14 AM
8DK

Tubz
Jul 7, 2004, 03:16 PM
Flash, it is illegal. But I could care less. I downloaded TSF anyway. I downloaded it like last week.

I download warez & roms occasionally. But I probably won't be downloading music ever again, at least illegally.

Crono5
Jul 8, 2004, 08:35 PM
I have aproximatley 120GB of illegally obtained files either on my computer or on CD.

kthxbai

Onag
Jul 8, 2004, 08:55 PM
I have aproximatley 120GB of illegally obtained files either on my computer or on CD.

Yay! We applaud you. You're among tens of thousands of people in prison who are also very proud of their accomplishments.

Seriously though, piracy is bad kids. Just say no.

Trafton
Jul 8, 2004, 09:48 PM

kthxbai
This is wonderful. Why would we even remotely care?