PDA

View Full Version : Tweedle didn't work since OEM

cooba
Jul 24, 2004, 07:25 AM
You know, in OEM Beach and Psych levels are switched, so Beach levels are first. BUT, there is no boss. However, you all know that Tweedle would fit there as well, but he's not there. Why? Simple - he did not work!

(I guess so, but there's no JCS for OEM, so I can't check it.)

Now, someone explain why Epic did not finish him. Did he feel too complex to do or something?

LittleFreak
Jul 24, 2004, 09:14 AM
Beach and Labrat levels where switched? I even wonder where you got OEM...
However, there are lots of events that aren't finished, for example the bee's event does not work correct (tough it's still a very useful enemy), Springcord doesn't appear and many other events also do not work. Tweedle seems to be one of them. Maybe Epic ran outta time and so they just did not finish them because they wanted to release JJ2. That's done often in gaming, for example look at Tomb Raider (not Rabbit :D ): The Angel Of Darkness. It's totally unfinished. We may never know..

cooba
Jul 24, 2004, 09:23 AM
Beach and Labrat levels where switched?PSYCH, not Labrat. I even wonder where you got OEM...Heh, mystery ;o
However, there are lots of events that aren't finished, for example the bee's event does not work correct (tough it's still a very useful enemy)Indeed!Springcord doesn't appear and many other events also do not work. Tweedle seems to be one of them. Maybe Epic ran outta time and so they just did not finish them because they wanted to release JJ2.It was released on a deadline.

Lark
Jul 24, 2004, 09:53 AM
OEM is not just one version. The earliest version played by someone in this community is 1.00g. In that version, Tweedle Boss did not exist. In version 1.10o, which has JCS, Tweedle Boss exists in JCS, but does not work. There are obviously versions earlier than 1.00g. You may have seen some screenshots. Some things seen in very earlier screenshots include a completely different Diamondus set, monkeys that climb trees, different colors for the Inferno sets, a 'distort' type effect for the tubes in Labrat, and more. If a very, very early version of JJ2 is found, I can almost promise you that you'll find the Tweedle boss.

LittleFreak
Jul 24, 2004, 10:04 AM
OEM is not just one version. The earliest version played by someone in this community is 1.00g. In that version, Tweedle Boss did not exist. In version 1.10o, which has JCS, Tweedle Boss exists in JCS, but does not work. There are obviously versions earlier than 1.00g. You may have seen some screenshots. Some things seen in very earlier screenshots include a completely different Diamondus set, monkeys that climb trees, different colors for the Inferno sets, a 'distort' type effect for the tubes in Labrat, and more. If a very, very early version of JJ2 is found, I can almost promise you that you'll find the Tweedle boss.

Where did you see that screenshots? *interested* :D

Violet CLM
Jul 24, 2004, 10:41 AM
Jazz 2 Warehouse, perhaps.

Yes, Tweedle doesn't work. I wouldn't be too surprised if there was originally going to be a boss for every tileset, really, but Tweedle and Rocket Turtle were the only unused ones that were even started.

cooba
Jul 24, 2004, 10:46 AM
Jazz 2 Warehouse, perhaps.Does that site work?Yes, Tweedle doesn't work. I wouldn't be too surprised if there was originally going to be a boss for every tileset, reallyWhat were his movement patterns? They were listed somewhere on JCF, but I can't find those...

Violet CLM
Jul 24, 2004, 10:50 AM
No, J2W no longer exists, but you can find archived versions with some of the old screenshots.

Movement patterns... I don't know. He would supposedly steal your guns before the fight, and I think he had some sort of kicking attack.

LittleFreak
Jul 24, 2004, 11:26 AM
No, J2W no longer exists, but you can find archived versions with some of the old screenshots.

Movement patterns... I don't know. He would supposedly steal your guns before the fight, and I think he had some sort of kicking attack.

I tried to make it move with the Area ID once, he first slowly moved, then stopped.

cooba
Jul 24, 2004, 12:31 PM
I tried to make it move with the Area ID once, he first slowly moved, then stopped.We say about TWEEDLE, not Rocket Turtle.

LittleFreak
Jul 24, 2004, 12:43 PM
ok sorry cooba back to topic :D

Well, the problem is there's nothing we can do. Dx says his uncle can fix the Tweedle boss..maybe. But that was months ago and still nothing happened. Oh well.

Lark
Jul 25, 2004, 06:17 AM
I have no doubt that DX's uncle can fix the Tweedle boss, but he's going to need the source code to do so.

Stijn
Jul 25, 2004, 08:18 AM
I actually doubt if the game includes more data of the Tweedle boss than just that one frame and the JCS event data.

cooba
Jul 25, 2004, 09:12 AM
Usually, lazy race of programmers don't delete whole data from game if it didn't work (I know only one time when it happened so). However, they might delete all of Tweedle but frame and JCS event while upgrading stuff to 1.00g.