PDA

View Full Version : Installation of 1.20 doesn't work :( Help!

LittleFreak
Sep 13, 2004, 02:58 AM
Hello!
Yesterday I decided to re-install Jazz Jackrabbit 2 because of all the files I had in my directory I didn't need. I erased all the JJ2 files manually (except some few custom ones by myself). Then I wanted to re-install it. As the Auto-Run feature started instead of "install" there was the "Play"-Button. When I clicked on it it said the directory was not found. Same happens if I click on JCS or Uninstall. So I opened the CD (without Auto-Run) and clicked on Setup.exe. It said that a higher version of JJ2 is installed and I could put 1.20 instead. Also it said that the installation is now abandoned. There was an "OK"-Button which I clicked on. There weren't any other buttons.
Later I tried to install TSF which works fine. Can anyone help me? I really want to have 1.20 and all its levels and stuff, but it doesn't work. :(
Thanks.

Hazel-rah
Sep 13, 2004, 05:02 AM
Did you go to the Control Panel and Add/Remove Programs? You should be able to uninstall it from there. If not just try deleting the Jazz folder entirely... except move the files out you want to keep... then reinstall it... it should work.

LittleFreak
Sep 13, 2004, 05:29 AM
Did you go to the Control Panel and Add/Remove Programs? You should be able to uninstall it from there. If not just try deleting the Jazz folder entirely... except move the files out you want to keep... then reinstall it... it should work.

That's exactly what I did yesterday. First I deleted the Jazz folder and all the other stuff. Later I looked into the control panel, noticed JJ2 was still there and uninstalled it from there. After that I tried to reinstall it which didn't work like described above. Thanks for your help though.

Hazel-rah
Sep 13, 2004, 05:33 AM
ok, hold on... what error message did you get?

Bobby aka Dizzy
Sep 13, 2004, 05:47 AM
You probably have registry files from 1.23 or so laying around. You should go into the registry and remove 1.23 associated files and then try and reinstall again. Also, if you have installed JJ2 on the machine before you could just copy files from the CD onto the harddrive and it should work just fine.

Stijn
Sep 13, 2004, 06:21 AM
Or go to http://www.dutchfurs.com/~haze/?cat=files&dir=files/pc/patches and choose the "Jazz2 Uninstall aid".

LittleFreak
Sep 14, 2004, 10:39 AM
ok, hold on... what error message did you get?

I'll try to translate it to English, tough it will probably not be grammatically right or something. :lol:

Here is the error message I got when trying it with Autorun clicking on Play, JCS or UnInstall.

Translated into English (might not be correct):

"While trying to start Jazz Jackrabbit 2 an error has occured.
Error: The system can't find the path."

If I open the CD manually without Auto-Run I get this message (again might not be correct translated):

"This program installs Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Version 1.20.
A newer version of Jazz Jackrabbit 2 has already been installed on your computer. You can replace it with Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Version 1.20.
Installation will now be ended."

Again, sorry if I translated wrong, but I think it would be something like this in English.

LittleFreak
Sep 14, 2004, 10:43 AM
You probably have registry files from 1.23 or so laying around. You should go into the registry and remove 1.23 associated files and then try and reinstall again. Also, if you have installed JJ2 on the machine before you could just copy files from the CD onto the harddrive and it should work just fine.

I don't know where any registry files could be, except if 1.23 made levels also count.
Copty files from the CD to my harddrive? I'm no expert on computers, so I don't really know how. :eek:

LittleFreak
Sep 14, 2004, 10:43 AM
Or go to http://www.dutchfurs.com/~haze/?cat=files&dir=files/pc/patches and choose the "Jazz2 Uninstall aid".

What does it do?

LittleFreak
Sep 14, 2004, 10:45 AM

Wait, I have a JCS.ini file (which includes Trigger Zone because I didn't want to type it in again). Does that count? I guess so.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Sep 14, 2004, 01:39 PM
Do what flash said and get the file: Or go to http://www.dutchfurs.com/~haze/?cat...iles/pc/patches and choose the "Jazz2 Uninstall aid".

it will make it so you can correctly uninstall jj2 and then reinstall it again.

LittleFreak
Sep 15, 2004, 04:10 AM
Do what flash said and get the file: Or go to http://www.dutchfurs.com/~haze/?cat...iles/pc/patches and choose the "Jazz2 Uninstall aid".

it will make it so you can correctly uninstall jj2 and then reinstall it again.

OK, thank you. 8D